Future mod questions.

• I am making an addon to IC2 and want to know about how some fetures that I have in mind.

Arrow launcher (working name). Actually a weapon that would be in IC2. It is kinda odd that You can build a nuclear reactor but You have to fight mobs with a sword or chainsaw (I know that is fun, but still). I want to do a weapon that will work on EU and arrows (cause arrows get so not worth when have mining laser or chainsaw). I would like to make a weapon that will have a magazine of 16 arrows, shoot an arrow with speed of 1 on 10-20 ticks, and have time to reload next pack of arrows. Every time when You fire taht launcher taht would drain EU from weapon (or lappack). Think that 200 EU per shot (since Drill use 80 per block). And have a really good puch with arrows. Maybe another type of ammo would be also in use. Don't know that for sure.

Another thing is that when playing with compact/advanced solars. That type of getting energy is most efficient, since You pay resource one time, and then it give whole buch free energy. That is nice for fact. Would like to see other generator have some sort of upgrades similiar to that. I was thinking about watermills for a start. If watermill is tier 1 of that generator, that advanced watermill would be tier 2 of that generator and it would give 0,5 EU (rounded down) on each waterblock in certain pattern around. Like max 6 layers each 8 block, so it would a tube shaped pattern. It would give 24 EU/t. Would be very nice in constructing underwater bases, or underground outposts...

I had also in mind to do some items upgrades. Like reniforced batpack. So it would have some armor, and energy capacity of a batpack. But it could breake. (don't know how that one resolve)...

• Nice mod, the arrow idea reminds me of an Arch Angel's Smite from EE, the only difference is that this one sounds more ballenced. I am making a map that, hopefully, uses IC2 and a collection of Addons. Assuming that I can find, I may consider this for a version of the Shrine Runner map. Good Luck with the mod

• compact/advanced solars not too sure if this will be implemented in the mod it self + ther ar all redy 2 addons with advand solars so why make or third one or implemented :?: ic2 has a basic structure so that why we don't see advanced machines in it like the addons that war created for this mod, maybe will be implemented in the future bat chances ar 1 to 100.000 depending what Alblaka has on his list ``to do stuff``

compact/advanced solars not too sure if this will be implemented in the mod it self

I'm going with a 0% chance, people already complain about how op/excessively spammed solars are compared to other generators, plus if this happened IC2 would need to have compact things for the rest of the generators as well or once again people would incessantly spam "OMG SOLLAR IS TO OP" and when you reach the point when you are creating compact coal generators, I think it's time to stop coding

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Excuse my ignorance in this regard (compact solars), I've not yet played IC² SMP.
    I see this discussion about compact solars a lot, and understand the two sides to be 'CPU load' vs. 'Space used'

But I remember that while lurking Alblaka once mentioning that a possible way to do large solar arrays without slowdown would be to use a central 'hub' that does the processing, while the arrays themselves become fluff that boost the central 'hub'.

That way the 'hub' only has to scan around itself (say within 7x7x1 block) every 2 minutes (give or take a small random interval) or so to count the fluff solar panels (that have clear sight to sky) and update an internal value.
    The hub would then act as a compact solar panel does now (checking for day/night, outputting EU/t, save CPU load, etc.) but still use the normal amount of space (due to fluff).
    Fluff blocks would literally have no 'OnTick' script running on them at all, like a dirt block, and could be made to look like a flat solar panel + wire in one block (maybe crafted from a solar panel + insulated copper wire, so that resource cost is also covered).

Has anyone tried to make an addon like this?
    I took a glimpse at the source for compact solars, but have not had time to really pull it apart to understand it and try this.

Also, where is Alblaka's IC² Todo List? Haven't found it on the wiki or forums.

People just can't stay away from me... but that is because I'm so fat I have my own gravitational field.

It's the flying cutlery that stresses me out.

• Official Post

Excuse my ignorance in this regard (compact solars), I've not yet played IC² SMP.
    I see this discussion about compact solars a lot, and understand the two sides to be 'CPU load' vs. 'Space used'

My Solution about the use of the Compact-Solars-Addon is just placing all the HV, MV and LV-Arrays at one single Location outside my House/Tower, to make it look less cheaty, than placing those everywhere i need with nearly 0 Distance to the Machines.

Also, where is Alblaka's IC² Todo List? Haven't found it on the wiki or forums.

I think, not even Alblaka knows its current Location.

• I he says he wanted to change OTHER generators, to make them more powerful to balance with CompactSolars? ;)

@OP

1. I think an EU bow has been suggested many times before. I don't know what has come of the suggestion though.
    2. Compact Solars is an ADDON for IC2. It is not vanilla IC2, it is meant to reduce lag e.t.c. It is without much doubt quite OP. Solar is not supposed to be that easy, you're (imo) supposed to start using nuclear reactors for that kind of power.
    3. BatPack/LapPack have no armour for a reason, you have to decide if you want energy or protection. It is part of balance. If you want Quantum Suit armour and LapPack energy try the "Gravitation Suite" addon in the Addons section.

• just a little "improvement" to your arrow system, why don't we add a new, Item towards it
    Mechanical Crossbow,
    combining the Bow with some mechanical features.
    there are tons of arrows in my chests on multiplayer around 10 Diamond Chests of IronChest mod...

My improvement would be,
    to use Arrows maybe 16 arrows and a electronic circut(maybe some tin cable) and a batterie(filled) otherwise an Alternative to RE batterie would the use of Single use batterie, to make 16 electrified Arrows, that apply a little "shocked" state,
    paralizing the enemy it hits...

Would be a Ranged alternative to "mining lazor" that eats loads of EU while killing mobs with it, i know the name "mining, lazor" says everything but its lot of fun if u miss a creeper with "long shot" :P

its just an idea, and i would like to hear a little critic... i know Alblaka won't add any new weapons...

I hate my english myself, so don't complain about my grammar! If you don't understand something ASK!
    i'm dumb,

• I don't want to make another compact solars. or advanced solars. They are done, and that's good. Want to do a tier 2 generators for wind (cause they are nonusable, or I don't see a point to using them), and water (cause You can build compact solars on surface, but cant build compact energy plant underground).
    I don't wan't to make equivalent of compact solars for watermills, or windmills. I want to make thouse machines more expensive that making a whole farm of basic ones. The thing is that I really like nuclear power. Reactors don't like me, but I can live with this (well reactors can live surrounded by reinforced blocks :) ). But still I want also do upgrades for nuclear reactor. Like additional bonuses for energy (not so big though). But still can't really specify how. For me constructing nuclear reactor is too easy. When it blows, it should be a dissaster (both enviroment effects, ant You should say "Holt crap, all that resources!"), but for now when my reactor goes boom, I just make another, cause it's cheap. All resources that goes for construction of reactor are very easy to obtain (have 2 BC quarries, and You can do a production line to craft next reactors with reinforced blocks and so...). Would nice to have reactor construction in rule "Easy to start, hard to perfect", with multiple ways to construct. For example. Reactor could also have fusion chamber (working name). It would drain whole bunch of EU, and generate heat, but it could generate from water isotope cells (deuterium cells, or similiar), that would be inserted in rusion reactor (another block), that would be similiar nuclear reactor chamber, but would also require whole bunch of EU to start fusion (that is why nuclear is needed), and would generate heat. And so on... Topic of nuclear power could be really enchanced, so people could build massive structures just to do such crazy (and dangerouse) energy plants.

Can't find any refferences to Industrial Conflict, so didn't know anything about it.

(cause they are nonusable, or I don't see a point to using them)

I know someone that would shoot you on the spot for saying that (6th post)

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l