[1.103]IC2 HUD Upgrades v0.3

• I think I found a bug. Looking at the nuclear reactor with either nano or quantum helmet on, corrupts the world.
    Error log:

Tested on IC2 1.103 with other mods, including IC2NuclearControl, not sure if that's relevant.

• Suggesion: If you are near a reactor which leaks radiation (is very hot) and have a helmet with a visor on, what is suggested here happens.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I just saw this mod, and its frikkin epic! totaly HAYOish! Is it okay if i add this mod to a modpack for my server?

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I must say, I really like this. Looks very smooth and does exactly what it should. I would like for it to list numbers differently, watching rows of 1000000/1000000 makes it hard to tell, maybe adding a % indicator before it, and rounding down if the item has a certain amount of power, like making Drill/Chainsaw show as 10k/10k, 9.8k / 10k and so on. Also, be able to move the indicator of currently equipt tool away from the mouse/center of the screen, it gets in the way.

But yeah, other than that, it's a neat addition that only improves the experience of IC2

• This mod looks awesome, but for some reason every information box is looks like a triangle. Mods I'm using:
    ChickenChunks
    EnderStorage
    Nuclear Control
    IC 2
    Inventory Tweaks
    Compact Solars
    GraviSuite
    NEI
    Railcraft
    Redpower

• I actually had that problem when writing my own HUD mod. The solution was to split up the rectangle code into one that draws two triangles from the same vertices (though I had to list all 4 vertices, for some reason). I can't explain why it cacked up like that, only that it was pretty consistent in doing it.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• @
    Demakustus: It don't corrupt the world. It's API version issues. Nuclear Control have old API, and it getting loaded before API provided by IC2 (yeah, funny), so actually cause that HUD Upgrades want to use old API that leaks some methods in interfaces... Have IC2 loaded first of Yours mods (give a 0 in front in name of IC2 mod file in mods/). Problem is that IC2 on version 103 added some nice methods in API, and I use them.

@ DoomFruit: With Tessellator I presume. Got the same idea. I am rendering two triangles, but it gets buggy with other mods.... Well I am planing in changing that part of code to do something more generic. Actually I am working on a GUI ingame that will allow to chouse modes in with nano or quantum suite is working (I am spoiling right now), but I have issues with rendering custom things in world. Like floating in world gui icons, some infos tided to a block or living entity. Arror trajectory is like a kill to CPU right now (running on 4GHz on one core, and still lags like a shit...). More fun stuff is comming from code, and IC2 update will probadly breake some of them, dunno right now...

Also for info. I am working on nuclear support hard. Like likning reactor to HUD(wireless nuclear control?) and keeping it in range or similiar.... Don't want to tell too much... Also I am getting lots of fun from designing animations for HUD. It's too static for me right now, soo... want to upgrade things a little...

Also working on other mod tided to IC2, and want to give HUD Upgrades support from the beginning...

PS. IC2 update. I want it badly...

PS2. Battlegear support is WIP, but I don't forsee that it will come out in near future, cause battlegear change player a lot, and that is causing a headacke for me... Still new to modding and don't know how MC works exaclly (Tessellator example...), and don't want to get too confused...

• Tease? Hmm... anyone seen logipies HUD glasses? well... that is like one thing... And there will be a change in name of addon. Actually it will be called IC Upgrades. Droping HUD is intentioned :) And well... I like idea of having more tools, and higher tiers in IC2...

• Wow, this looks really good! Not sure how rendering works in minecraft since I haven't played with that code before, but why not have the colors configurable? Especially if you had it accept a color code with an alpha channel, it would allow customization of transparency. Example: #FFFFFFFF (8 values instead of the standard 6). Maybe even make all the hud boxes independent. Again, not sure how it works, but maybe add textured background support to the boxes? Combined with standard texturing of the screen provided by helmets in minecraft (like the pumpkin). We could really see some interesting and creative designs out of this. Have a sci-fi looking texture surrounding the field of view, then combined with the customization options this mod would provide, could be something amazing.

On a side note: Since you said something about a tier 4 tech mod, the thing I would recommend first is power storage. Since some of us already generate high levels of power but don't really have an effective containment method. :thumbup: Not really sure how you'd extend the generation part to keep up with the increased storage, but if I get any ideas I will message you.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Tease? Hmm... anyone seen logipies HUD glasses? well... that is like one thing... And there will be a change in name of addon. Actually it will be called IC Upgrades. Droping HUD is intentioned :) And well... I like idea of having more tools, and higher tiers in IC2...

Thanks ^^

That logistic hud glass seems neat.
    What do you think about Greg's plans about his version of hud? Will you make an alternative to his, or someting completely different?

Also a QHelmet-HUD is planned, what means that you then will no longer need another Mod for that.

• What I think about Greg HUD for QHelmet? Dunno. Didn't see it, or heard any details.

As for alternative... Well, I plan support all mods that I use. And well, GregTech is one of them, so will deffinitly be some nice things around GregTech.

• Would really like to see this updated to 1.3.2, or even 1.4.2, first.
    And, yes, I really would love to see a configurable HUD... Maybe... Assign a configurable key to the Controls menu? After clicking the key, you get a live picture of your HUD, but your mouse is free to move around, and you can't change your viewpoint. In this GUI, you could then drag around the separate HUD displays.
    And, as I rather like both yours and DoomFruit's HUD mods, maybe a collaboration with this display configuration GUI?
    Yours adds EU, jetpack, and EU displays, (plus, IMO, much neater displays ;)), whereas DoomFruit's adds a visual display of all types of armor, durability/charge level of all items, and already contains a Gravitation Suite addon within itself.
    Anyways, I highly suggest a cooperative HUD development, if only for the Configuration GUI I suggested ;)

• Bad news everyone. I had really serious desktop failure (it ended up with replaceing some parts, and doing a new, clean install the OS), so I have to do everything from scratch. So I want to get a list of features that everyone want to be a priority, and in that order I will write everything.

Features to be considered at this time:

-compass
    -EU reader (current EU, total EU, max EU, and so)
    -MJ reader
    -I want to make a bluecticity reader, but Elo's license on RP (and not beeing released) is a major pain in neck, so state if anyone want to see it in future.
    -light meter (with indications)
    -montion sensors (also state if montion of mobs also is wanted feature)
    -nuclear reactor sensor (sense if reactors are nearby, and how exacly they are working)
    -equipment HUD display
    -am considering also to do a redstrone reader
    -ore detection (something like OD Scanner)

Any features that You want to see on HUD (realated to helmets, and so) write in posts, so I can clearly see what is wanted atm.

• -I want to make a bluecticity reader, but Elo's license on RP (and not beeing released) is a major pain in neck, so state if anyone want to see it in future.

This could probably be done by reading NBT tags from blocks in the world. I imagine that RP2 energy is stored in one, so all you need is to run MCEdit on a 1.2.5 world with Redpower installed, find a battery box (and some blulectric wire) and look through its tags. No RP2 decompilation required - in fact, you don't even need RP2 to do it. Just a copy of the world.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.