How do you transfer electricity across your world?

• It seems everyone have their own way of doing it. Everything from dragging long networks of pipes/cables to using teleport pipes. I was watching a video the other day and someone used the portal gun+railcraft to transfer fuel from station to station. Never stops amaze me when it comes to people and their creations. I was just curious to what people prefer to use to transfer EU/MJ over the world.

• I use an enderchest/lapotron charger combo where I get a lot of my energy from the nether when I periodically go there. I have it set up where an RP filter pulls out empty lapotrons from an ender chest in the nether and places them into an MFSU being charged by 25 or so geothermals, which are being provided lava by BC pipes (i know, BC, yuck, but i'm considering changing that to RP soon). Another filter pulls the charged lapotrons out and deposits them back into the same chest. Both filters are connected to a timer which pulses every 30 seconds or so which both pulls another empty lapotron out of the chest and deposits the filled lapotron into it. (when I made the setup I didn't bother to do the math on how long it should take the lapotrons to charge, I might go back and change that). In the overworld there's another double filter/ender chest combo outputting to a charging bench mk3 (an IC2 addon, located here: [AddOn v1.90] Charging Bench v1.90-1 , the download at the top is out of date but there is an up-to-date version further into the thread) which is always set to discharge into my collection of 8 MFSUs in parallel.

The nether geothermal combo is a modified build from this thread [Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) courtesy of GregoriusT. I imagine you could apply this principle to just transferring energy around. If you feel that method is too easy, you could go with a railcraft setup and an MFSU cart; I haven't tried this method yet, but I can see a nice way to do it.

I'm thinking about starting a new world soon myself and I'll probably make a "portable goethermal station kit" that I can take with me to lava pools I find when I go mining in the overworld, then i'll use lapotrons to transfer the energy away to my base-- I could probably use an ender pouch to store the kit materials and the lapotrons in.

Also, a fun fact I recently tested in a creative world: an IC2 pump being supplied lava by an RP pump receives enough lava to keep 5 goethermals filled with lava at all times (1 for each side of the pump, not counting the one used up by the lava source block, and assuming the lava doesn't run out). The goethermals are filled with lava sequentially by the pump and kept topped off whenever one uses up one unit of lava.

• I'm thinking about starting a new world soon myself and I'll probably make a "portable goethermal station kit" that I can take with me to lava pools I find when I go mining in the overworld, then i'll use lapotrons to transfer the energy away to my base-- I could probably use an ender pouch to store the kit materials and the lapotrons in.

miner fill pumps when they're next to each other with lava. this could be an easier way to get your lava supplies, would also make your miner kinda self sustainable if you supply it with enough empty cells (there's always lava underground). i also noticed that lava offen hinders miner to find the good stuff below it.

• I remember trying to run a miner next to a pump and a geothermal generator before (pump in between both), but the lava didn't seem to be transferred to the geothermal correctly, though when I tested that part, I didn't go into too much depth so my little test was probably invalid. I'll try that and report back the results.

• Overall I prefer railcraft, because it is the most fun to build considering other alternatives (magtubes, ender chests or cables). When railcraft will get routing I will probably just play minecraft like TTD.

• I remember trying to run a miner next to a pump and a geothermal generator before (pump in between both), but the lava didn't seem to be transferred to the geothermal correctly, though when I tested that part, I didn't go into too much depth so my little test was probably invalid. I'll try that and report back the results.

i don't know if a pump can directly....... pump into a geothermal (probably not), but it can fill empty cells for the geo

• Official Post

You know that HV-cable has 16 times higher EU loss than glass fiber?

Glass fiber loses 1 EU every 40 blocks, Iron cables loses 1 EU every 1.25 blocks (if 4x insulated).
    So 40/1,25 = 32 times higher EU loss.
    But if you consider the fact you are using EV, it is 8 times higher EU loss.

• It seems everyone have their own way of doing it. Everything from dragging long networks of pipes/cables to using teleport pipes. I was watching a video the other day and someone used the portal gun+railcraft to transfer fuel from station to station. Never stops amaze me when it comes to people and their creations. I was just curious to what people prefer to use to transfer EU/MJ over the world.

Aww yeah Direwolf20 :3

• Enderchests with IC², am I missing something? Because I can't find a version running with MC 1.3.2.

enderchests would be strange, but maybe void chests with interface from thaumcraft could do it..... have to run test!

• enderchests would be strange, but maybe void chests with interface from thaumcraft could do it..... have to run test!

There is a mod for 1.2.5 that adds ender chests. Even better, actually, because you can have a lot of different versions of them.

Thaumcraft void chests are close, but not compatible with pipes/tubes.

• Thaumcraft void chests are close, but not compatible with pipes/tubes.

Last I used them they are. As I recall one has to pipe stuff into (or is it out of?) the void interface on the chest.
    I had an "interesting" setup for a cobble voiding system. Took 4 void chests but I managed it with only redstone engines.

• [google]Enderstorage 1.4 Minecraft Ecu[/google]

That enderchest, not the one Jeb added.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™