Opinions on EE with other mods

• @XFmax you can't make coke from charcoal, but you can use coke or charcoal in blast furnace (just not dirty bituminous coal). Also coke ovens work on wood, but give smaller creosote oil production (however TFcraft has the best way for charcoal production, I would love to see some balanced automation in it). You can get magma cream about the same time you get glowstone for pstone, so I would be careful with this RM overflowing thing. For nether you just need 3 iron/tin and lava pool.

Edit: And magma cream is a lot faster to get, than slimeball. Cubes spawn quite often in the nether (definitely easier to spot, than endermen in the overworld).

• Well, before I was talking about charcoal ;). You can make automatic tree farms also with RP, so even without forestry charcoal is easy to get automatically. Of course there is a question, why would you like to use blast furnace for this, when there is so much tracks to build ;).

• Because .3 uu per ironbar =/= 1.25 uu per ironbar.

And I wouldn't use it per-se since it's a bit cheetish.
    Good thing theres configs to disable smelting.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Oooohhkaaayy, lets get back to the subject. (jesus, this thread has blown up lately)

:P

:Glass Fibre: makes the world go 'round.
    Oh, did I say the world? I meant EU.

Need cheap, sustainable, energy? Answer: Superfuel. LOTS of superfuel.
    --Chicken approved! MinecraftChicken <-- "Get the f*** away from my coal."

And if it wasn't obvious enough, my IGN is PotatOS55. :Matter:

• In my opinion about EE, what I like about EE is its power items, divining rod and ender pearl duplication. Swiftwolf rending gale is (I think) better way of flying than jetpacks, because it didn't use armor space so I can use my full nano or quantum armor and easier flying, creative mode flying. Divining rod is also a better way to find ore rather than OV scanner, because it can only scan for 9x9x9, when the diamond covalence dust can scan 64x3x3 blocks. For ender pearl, until I finished my redpower 2 build, I need to get a good supply of ender pearls because hunting enderman is just too difficult, if not impossible in my server that I'm playing at . I will still maybe use EE until IC2 added UU matter ender pearl recipe. For energy collectors and duplicators, I usually use it for CASUC ice supply, or infinitely reloading powerful TNT cannon.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• *walks in, fully kitted out with Red Matter Armor, Katar, Morning Star, Ring of Arcana, Volcanite and Evertide Amulets*

If that wasn't clue enough, I HEAVILY rely on EE for most of my work. The twist, though, is that I use the items to construct my final base, whatever that may be. Admittedly, however, I find myself just sort of losing interest midway through the building process, but that's mainly because I've never played online. With 1.32's ability for people to join worlds you've made, that may change.

On another note, there's a list of suggestions going on EE's board on the Minecraft Forge forums on what to do for EE3. One prevailing idea is to initially start out at some obscene conversion rate, like 5:1, and have the namesake 1:1 equivalent exchange be the endgame goal - an idea I wholly support.

The fact of the matter is, even though I use a lot of EE's stuff, I also use it in conjunction with the other mods I use - IC2, of course, but also Forestry, Redpower 2, Buildcraft (I know at least one forumite will shun me for this, but setting up the auto-crafting systems with RP2 is far too time consuming in my opinion - auto-SORTING might be a different matter, having checked out most of the Yogscast's videos), and other mods that I try out.

In spite of the fact that I am quite supportive of EE, I'd still rate it :Uranium:, as I have never really exploited all the "crazy-OP" methods to get to Red Matter stuff ASAP, but am aware that once you get all of EE's endgame stuff, you really don't need much else.

• Yeah, exploiting is awesome cheating (even with EE installed, FenixR) although sometimes I find myself guilty of it. There's something wrong with me, I can te- OH MY GOD IS THAT A CHICKEN. THIS IS A WONDERFUL DISCOVERY :wacko: ( MinecraftChicken What the f*ck do YOU want, you potato thing?)

• :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: !!!
    EE2 is my favourite mod. Yes, it is like cheats or NEI, but I lke it. You have to work really really really really much for make some good duplicators and systems. And you can't take items if you don't learn them at the Trasmutation Table. Also, for an item that learn all of them, you have to work for hours. And then it becomes hard to find your item. I also like this mod because it gives you the possibility of make all the systems with items that you don't use. I LIKE IT.

(Sorry for the grammar if I make some fails, I'm Italian and I'm 12, so i will study verbs in past form this year. I don't know if "verbs in past form" is correct in your English hard grammar, I don't know if I can say "make some fails" and I don't know if "systems" is the correct translation of "Impianti"...)

I'm Italian. Italian is a Latin language, English is a Germanic language. It's like speaking Japanese, with only one difference: English is everywhere so it's easy to learn. SO if I write something that breaks all the grammatical rules, READ THIS. Or I will put a Nuclear Reactor full of Quadra-Uranium Cell WITHOUT WATER, ICE, COOLANT CELL ECC. ON YOUR REAL HOUSE.
    :Reactor:

• :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: :Iridium: !!!
    EE2 is my favourite mod. Yes, it is like cheats or NEI, but I lke it. You have to work really really really really much for make some good duplicators and systems. And you can't take items if you don't learn them at the Trasmutation Table. Also, for an item that learn all of them, you have to work for hours. And then it becomes hard to find your item. I also like this mod because it gives you the possibility of make all the systems with items that you don't use. I LIKE IT.

(Sorry for the grammar if I make some fails, I'm Italian and I'm 12, so i will study verbs in past form this year. I don't know if "verbs in past form" is correct in your English hard grammar, I don't know if I can say "make some fails" and I don't know if "systems" is the correct translation of "Impianti"...)

Pretty much every time I use EE, I make an energy collector, a klein star, and a transmutation tablet and I find that once I have these I can just wait around and collect EMC to make more collectors and repeat the cycle. It is for this reason that I think EE in its current form is incredibly overpowered. Also, your English is fine I wouldn't worry about it.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Actually, with IC you can also acquire exponential growth with windmills and uu.

Can't you do that with every generator (except, without EE, maybe geothermal and nuclear reactors)? My point is that in EE it takes basically one energy condenser then you are set for the rest of the game just by waiting and letting your EMC production exponentially increase in a short amount of time. In IC it requires a lot more resources to achieve "endgame" and obtain a mass fabricator, but even then you won't be producing enough UU matter to make wind mills (or other generators) from energy alone until waaay later and after you have created extremely expensive endgame armor from acquired UU matter and gone through many stages of energy production.

In summary, EE: Make one magic block, have magic block create more magic blocks, set for game, IC: Make one expensive endgame block, and then a massive amount of other blocks so that you can even begin to make a few of those blocks for "exponential growth", set for game.

See the difference?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Programmers...

Them and their fancy-schmancy newfangled Java coding stuff...

• Them and their fancy-schmancy newfangled Java coding stuff...

If thats your opinion on current programers, I don't want to know about your views on aspiring X(

• Pretty much every time I use EE, I make an energy collector, a klein star, and a transmutation tablet and I find that once I have these I can just wait around and collect EMC to make more collectors and repeat the cycle. It is for this reason that I think EE in its current form is incredibly overpowered. Also, your English is fine I wouldn't worry about it.

These are opinions. You look at the side that makes it too easy, I look at the side that gives you the possibility of try some new systems (this word sounds bad... stupid Google Translate. Maybe "implant" is better... no, I think not.) Oh, and thanks for thanks for telling me that I can speak English well. It's a really different language from Italian...

I'm Italian. Italian is a Latin language, English is a Germanic language. It's like speaking Japanese, with only one difference: English is everywhere so it's easy to learn. SO if I write something that breaks all the grammatical rules, READ THIS. Or I will put a Nuclear Reactor full of Quadra-Uranium Cell WITHOUT WATER, ICE, COOLANT CELL ECC. ON YOUR REAL HOUSE.
    :Reactor:

• Apparently pre-alpha EE3 is compile-able right now, although it doesn't appear to do much, if anything at all.

• If thats your opinion on current programers, I don't want to know about your views on aspiring X(

No. it's just that I've tried to make a mod, and I failed miserably because I don't understand a single thing of Java. MinecraftChar