[Suggestion]Endgame target: Void Sphere

• I think IC² (without additional mods) currently lacks a long term endgame target. Once you have your quantum suit and a few miners going, there isn't much to do except for hording insane amounts of resources, but there is nothing to spend them on. As one idea of such possible endgame targets I suggest to implement an item I call "Void Sphere".

The initial machine you craft is the Void Machine. It requires a huge amount of resources and once placed, it needs to be filled with 1 obsidian, 25 diamonds, 16x stacks refined iron, and several stacks of Redstone (the idea here is to be very expensive). Once filled, the machine needs to be activated by supplying 1,000,000,000 EU (one billion). The moment everything is provided, the machine causes an explosion similar to a nuke, except that the machine itself survives unharmed and all items including the EU have been consumed to produce a single Void Sphere.

This void sphere is an item that can be carried around and can either be used in the battery slot, which will provide up to 128 EU/t but it will not loose energy in the process (read: it has unlimited EU stored) and can be used in any machine that accepts medium power. Alternatively it can be used to activate any machine and power it for one operation similar to redstone, just that you simply need to right-click the machine while holding the Void Sphere. This includes teleporters, which will then be activated and teleport you immediately. In all cases the Void Sphere is never used up, that is: it provides unlimited power.

While this is definitely an extremely powerful item, the resources and EU required brings this down to a point where you can say: if you are capable of providing the base material and 1.000.000.000 EU, you are at a point in the game, where resources and EU have become meaningless anyway. At that point you basically have unlimited power and resources already, the only difference to the void sphere is that you need to actually wire the machines first. So at this point in the game, even if the Void Sphere is very powerful, it is just a slight upgrade to what you already have.

Quick math: let's assume you are capable of producing 1,000 EU/t with stable power generation (that is no CASUC or similar) - which is an almost insane value on its own - you would still have to let that run for 50,000 seconds (about 14 hours) to produce a single Void Sphere. The same amount of power for example is enough to power 2000 diamond/OV miners, or to produce 1000 UU-matter (without using scrap). If you are at that point in the game, you basically have unlimited power, the Void Sphere then is just this fact condensed into a single item.

The other idea beside giving you unlimited energy is that it is mobile. So you are free to explore the world and can carry your power generation right in your pocket. That combined with a teleporter allows you to travel back and forth between your current location and your base at any time, so there is no way for you to get lost, no matter how far you are away from home.

• Slightly overpowered, seriously one bilion EU and 16 stacks of iron isn't a big deal and once you have this thing you don't need to build reactors to keep your power supply up, and that would make endgame completely dull and boring
    you call it a thing that would make endgame "more exiting" but that would make it even more boring.
    maybe creating it is a lot of effort but after that you have a overpowered thing run by some kind of ee2 magic

• Official Post

Fusionreactor. 2048 EU/t without having the Reactorexplosionrisk. Extremly Powerfull but also extremly expensive. Also it needs a massive Infrastructure to keep it filled.

That is Endgametechnology, but what you suggest is basically "put tons of Redmatter together to get Super-Energycondenser". Your Suggestion is Tier-V-Technology and Tier-IV has been denied already => you have to use or to make your own Addon.

• Slightly overpowered, seriously one bilion EU and 16 stacks of iron isn't a big deal and once you have this thing you don't need to build reactors to keep your power supply up, and that would make endgame completely dull and boring
    you call it a thing that would make endgame "more exiting" but that would make it even more boring.

Let's say you play vanilla IC² and you have 16 stacks of iron and 1 billion EU. What do you do with it?

Besides: I wasn't saying this would make endgame more exiting, the idea was to give a target to archive. In addition this thing does only replace a single reactor with its 128 EU/t, however building a single reactor is a lot easier than building this thing, you just need to walk twice to carry around the components. If you had this thing right from the beginning, I would agree that it would be too powerful, however at the time you can afford the material/EU, I would rather expect some people to say they don't build it, because it just gives a minor improvement and costs way too much.

@Greg: What is the vanilla IC² recipe for a fusion reactor with 2048 EU/t ?

• This is by no means exceedingly expensive - the Q suit takes a broadly similar amount of resources to make. As such it's not actually expensive enough. In my previous game I had a breeder complex able to raise that much EU from 25 pieces of Uranium. And I had three full stacks of Uranium in storage.

However, this was the point at which I quit that world. I'd made the q suit. Twice. I had ten reactors. There wasn't that much left to try. So there is something to this suggestion, but the specific idea isn't quite there, I feel.

• 1 billion EU is just three cycles of casuc, with 5 uranium ore used per cycle.

Good thing that you start the game with 3 CASUC reactors including the stacks of ice you need to run them and the system to feed the reactor automatically.

Seriously guys, yes this is affordable at some point in the game, at a point where everything is affordable. That is the whole idea behind the Void Sphere: once you have unlimited resources and EU anyways, why not craft this? Please think about the suggestion for at least a second before you post something like "Mimi when I have unlimited resources I can craft this easily, and then I have unlimited resources +1! OP!"

• i dont like it, if it was implemented, i would disable it on my server, but! I think if a config option is provided, it could just be something to silence those n00bs saying that we need endgame and stuf like that. So, i guess +1/2, if it is toggle-able in the config

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Good thing that you start the game with 3 CASUC reactors including the stacks of ice you need to run them and the system to feed the reactor automatically.

Seriously guys, yes this is affordable at some point in the game, at a point where everything is affordable. That is the whole idea behind the Void Sphere: once you have unlimited resources and EU anyways, why not craft this? Please think about the suggestion for at least a second before you post something like "Mimi when I have unlimited resources I can craft this easily, and then I have unlimited resources +1! OP!"

You can make 1.5k bucket casuc with just a loot you bring from one or two mining expeditions. It's just a chamber, 6 cores, 8 filters and 4 deployers, plus some buckets and redwire. Breeder is just a little more complex.
    It can be first thing you build after you get full set of ic processing machines.

• You can make 1.5k bucket casuc with just a loot you bring from one or two mining expeditions. It's just a chamber, 6 cores, 8 filters and 4 deployers, plus some buckets and redwire. Breeder is just a little more complex.
    It can be first thing you build after you get full set of ic processing machines.

And then you let it run for about 9.26 hours refilling all uranium three times in the meantime for a total of 144 uranium cells. I totally see you coming from your second mining run with 144 uranium ores, including those other 16 stacks of refined iron, 25 diamonds and those stacks of redpower.

• 1 uranium ore ~ 9 uranium cells ~ 70 mil eu/t. If you have a reactor and breeder.

If you have rp, it is quite easy. If you play smp and can use chunkloaders, or have your setup in populated area, working time is not much of issue.

If you play ssp vanilla, well, then 1 bil eu CAN be quite challenging.

But overall, i think, it is not bad idea. You can convert eu to eu/t by spamming windmills from uu. Without scrap, eu>uu>windmills will give roughly same value of eu/t - about 128 eu/t per 1000uu.
    If you use scrap, windmills will be 6 times more effective, but, of cause, less portable and more laggy.

• This.

And now we all know why WoW failed like it did: Too much push for everyone into crappy endgame...

Good thing that you start the game with 3 CASUC reactors including the stacks of ice you need to run them and the system to feed the reactor automatically.

Cry harder

We hate it because the idea does not add anything of proper utility into the game. Plus, an effortless infinate energy sphere has already been done, but is not craftable. The point of endgame in IC would be to be able to manufacture and produce as much as you please, as well as create and destroy as much as you want....

Like terraforming the End or the Nether into realms completely different than what they were initially... Funny watching zombie pigman walking around a forest area, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Agreeing with Magus here, What we need for the "Lategame" (see above why not endgame) isn't new generators or Storage units, but something we can spend those stupid amounts of EU we have saved or got from the nuclear gens.

And for the "Endgame" we need either something we can kill with our ubertech (Ender dragon doens't count, because he was made for vainilla) or a Big Bang Bomb that its made with a crapload of individual blocks (Which uses Iridium as a material), then feed it with MOARRRRRR EU and activate it to delete our world with a nice "BANG" to start with a new one...

Oh and if you are one of those that enjoy playing around with building factories and autocraft shit (AKA Creative people), then STFU about Early/Late/End game because it have nothing to do with you.

• Agreeing with Magus here, What we need for the "Lategame" (see above why not endgame) isn't new generators or Storage units, but something we can spend those stupid amounts of EU we have saved or got from the nuclear gens.

And for the "Endgame" we need either something we can kill with our ubertech (Ender dragon doens't count, because he was made for vainilla) or a Big Bang Bomb that its made with a crapload of individual blocks (Which uses Iridium as a material), then feed it with MOARRRRRR EU and activate it to delete our world with a nice "BANG" to start with a new one...

Oh and if you are one of those that enjoy playing around with building factories and autocraft shit (AKA Creative people), then STFU about Early/Late/End game because it have nothing to do with you.

I would be fine with that. as for somthing to kill, why not somthing like the Wither that flies around the world atracted to Neuclear Power and when it comes close, it will increase the heat level in your reactor. The closer it gets, the hotter your reactor gets. and in order to stop it you have to take it out in one powerful shot

• I would be fine with that. as for somthing to kill, why not somthing like the Wither that flies around the world atracted to Neuclear Power and when it comes close, it will increase the heat level in your reactor. The closer it gets, the hotter your reactor gets. and in order to stop it you have to take it out in one powerful shot

It has to be something that can be reached by anyone, not everyone can/will make a Nuclear Reactor.

• It has to be something that can be reached by anyone, not everyone can/will make a Nuclear Reactor.

Yeah, think of SMP, will one of these spawn every time a reactor is placed/running, or will it be a one time "race to reactor" to kill this thing, and would there be any actual benefit to killing it (other than the obvious of keeping your reactor, assuming it would destroy blocks)?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l