Bugs IndustrialCraft2 1.00

• - Electric Wrench Recipe create Chainsaws
    - Ultra-Low-Current-Cable's texture in inventory is pink square with red line
    - Teleporter cannot be connected with wires

• It has a very little loss, and can't carry even 5 eu/t. It is for solar wiring, i guess... An it is shocky!!! Very shocky... Why does ultra-low voltage shock so hard?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I cant craft mfsu with empty laptrons, even though i installed 1.00 (btw recipe book somehow recognices it).
    Edit:applys to mass producer too

• First Ablaka, THANK YOU :D (The Teleporter storage is awesome :D).
    Second I want to put stuff up the wiki, i even did, but i can only edit existing pages, no non-existant.

Second
    Ultra-Low-Current-Cable is craftable with 3 tin in a line - - - <- like that

Third
    derpie derp derp derpston

• It has a very little loss, and can't carry even 5 eu/t. It is for solar wiring, i guess... An it is shocky!!! Very shocky... Why does ultra-low voltage shock so hard?

I think this is becuase of some IRL rules more strenght in electricity means less speed, more speed means less strength. But yeah more strength should mean more damage :P I learned this last year on school and it was just summer vacation, so it's just an un-educated guess MinecraftPig

• if you want to go close to reality:

R = rho_resistance * length / Cross-sectionArea ,

and R = V/I , while power loss due to resistance is V I^2 or V^2 / R ;

Meaning: Higher voltage = lower loss implying the same power transfer rate ; Bigger cable = lower loss ;

Best materials for lower resistance implying everything else is constant:

Silver, Copper, Gold, Aluminum, ...iron ...tin... carbon diamond...silicon..glass...rubber

oh wait... IC2 get it kinda backward.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• I think this is becuase of some IRL rules more strenght in electricity means less speed, more speed means less strength. But yeah more strength should mean more damage :P I learned this last year on school and it was just summer vacation, so it's just an un-educated guess MinecraftPig

That's not how electricity works. Just sayin'.

• Official Post

I cant craft mfsu with empty laptrons, even though i installed 1.00 (btw recipe book somehow recognices it).
    Edit:applys to mass producer too

I seriously cannot confirm this. The recipes are fine.
    Dunno whether you're probably using "old" bugged lapotrons, 1%-charged lapotrons (those you get when crafting lapotron crystals from charged energycrystals) or incorrect Recpes.

• I'm having the same issue as Behka as well. I made my lapotron crystals in v1.00 using freshly de-charged energy crystals.

• Love IC2, tried to hydrate some coal dust and when i put 8 dust and 1 water bucket i only get 1 coal instead of 8 like IC, is this right?

Also the taps on some of my rubber trees are at the very top of the tree, is there a way to have them form closer to the root?

thanks for listening.

• Love IC2, tried to hydrate some coal dust and when i put 8 dust and 1 water bucket i only get 1 coal instead of 8 like IC, is this right?

Also the taps on some of my rubber trees are at the very top of the tree, is there a way to have them form closer to the root?

thanks for listening.

The recipe is currently bugged. Use the other one for now.

Regrow the tree?

it actaully can handle a lot more than 5 eu/t IF its coming from solar panels and no other source. I have a setup with 50 eu/t with this cable and no meltage. But if i hook two batboxes together it melts. I don't know if this is intended though.
    EDIT: Ive now tested it to 150EU/t using only solar panels and the cable is fine. I think there isn't a current limit as long as power is from solar panels

• Official Post

it actaully can handle a lot more than 5 eu/t IF its coming from solar panels and no other source. I have a setup with 50 eu/t with this cable and no meltage. But if i hook two batboxes together it melts. I don't know if this is intended though.
    EDIT: Ive now tested it to 150EU/t using only solar panels and the cable is fine. I think there isn't a current limit as long as power is from solar panels

Close. Pulses never combine in cables, so each one of 10, 100, or 1000 solar panels is still only sending a 1EU/t pulse, and thus they never overload the wire. Should also work for wind and hydro generators.

• Close. Pulses never combine in cables, so each one of 10, 100, or 1000 solar panels is still only sending a 1EU/t pulse, and thus they never overload the wire. Should also work for wind and hydro generators.

does this ultra low voltage cable have a range cuz if it does i have not found it

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.