• To IC2 Team,
    I would like to ask for explicit permission from the IC2 team for me to use the IC2 API for a mod that I own called Universal Electricity. The reason for this is because I want to maximize compatibility and I have already done so with Buildcraft. Universal Electricity is licensed under the Minecraft Mod Public License (same as Buildcraft) and it is open source. Just so you know, I read this thread before coming here: Important Notes regarding the publishment of IC² Add-Ons

I am asking for the following explicit permission for including the public IC2 API source code within my mod:

• I have the right to post my mod anywhere I want (as it is already posted in multiple places in the internet)
    • I have the right to use Adfly and to make revenue out of it
    • The IC2 team does not have any rights to implement any part of my mod, redistribute it or host it and such without my explicit permission.

Of course, I will give the IC2 team proper credit in my mod's download section.

Sincerely,
    Calclavia - Founder of Universal Electricity

• Official Post

Would be a dickmove not to grant you the permission ^^' though I still dislike the AdFly part.
    Feel free to proceed with using the IC² API. Be advised IC² is not open-source, please do not use any of IC²'s own API-implementations but write your own ones (in case you intended to do such a thing in first place).

• Would be a dickmove not to grant you the permission ^^' though I still dislike the AdFly part.
    Feel free to proceed with using the IC² API. Be advised IC² is not open-source, please do not use any of IC²'s own API-implementations but write your own ones (in case you intended to do such a thing in first place).

I will not be using the API for anything extremely complex. Most likely just machines that use your electricity in parallel with Universal Electricity so I don't see a need to use your closed source classes. I will be using the public IC2 API and also posting it onto Github as part of my source code.

Also, I don't see why you dislike other people who use your free and open API to use Adfly. People like ThunderDark and the makers of those brilliant IC2 mods deserve some reward! But anyway, thanks for the permission.

• One more question.

When I am distributing my API, your IC2 API will be included within it also. I will be re-distributing your public API source code (which saves the trouble for them to download it themselves) as a raw, uncompiled code for modders to mod for Universal Electricity. However, the UE modders will NOT include your API in their distribution. They will simply be dependent on UE (just like how we are all dependent on Forge but don't include Forge in our code). Would that be permissible?

• [...] I don't see why you dislike other people who use your free and open API to use Adfly. People like ThunderDark and the makers of those brilliant IC2 mods deserve some reward! But anyway, thanks for the permission.

The thread that (sort of) discusses why Al and the rest of the gang are against Adfly is discussed here.

Also, good to see you again, Cal. Is UE going to implement that Universal Transformers thing I saw on the Forge forums by default?

• Official Post

Of course you're free to redistribute the IC API for use of your mod.
    Though such a behavior is the cause of 'mod incompatibilies' when Mod A uses Mod B's API, but Mod B is updated with a newer API and Mod A override's Mod B's updated API whilst being loaded, causing Mod B to crash because it's accessing not-present methods. That's why IC uses submodules to either use foreign API's if present or don't if they are not present (thus not requiring the API to be redistributed with IC itself). You should consider doing something similar ^^

• Official Post

The IC2 team does not have any rights to implement any part of my mod

Can be used for "patent trolling" =) Something like "I have a cubic block in the mod"

redistribute it or host it and such without my explicit permission.

The user is allowed to redistribute this mod partially, in totality, or included in a distribution. (c) MMPL
    So either your mod is not licensed under MMPL or redistribution is allowed by license

• Can be used for "patent trolling" =) Something like "I have a cubic block in the mod"

The user is allowed to redistribute this mod partially, in totality, or included in a distribution. (c) MMPL
    So either your mod is not licensed under MMPL or redistribution is allowed by license

Right, sorry I should have stated clearer. I mean that IC2 has no right to redistribute and host any UE mods derived from UE (that are not obliged to the UE license) such as ICBM, Steam Power, Green Energy, Atomic Science etc.

• Things in Universal Electricity has changed a bit, and I would like to ask for an extension for this permission.

I would like to ask for permission for all Universal Electricity mods and all mods that will use the Universal Electricity API to be allowed to download and include the IC2 API that is publicly distributed on your wiki in their source code to maximize compatibility. Similar terms as I have stated above.

• UE Modders can do whatever they want with the mod.
    • UE Modders can generate revenue off the mod.
    • UE Modders can post the mod where ever they want to and are not limited to this forum.
    • The UE Modder owns the mod they created and all rights are reserved to them.
    • UE Modders will be required to give you appriopriate credit to the IC2 team for their inclusion of the API.

Note that not all UE mods will be using the IC2 API. I am asking for this permission so then not every single UE modder has to come and ask you permission to include IC2 in their source code. I have gotten a bunch of request from UE modders and that is why I am asking you for permission for all of them.

• may i use your mod ic2 into my modpack pleasse??? i set a link to industrialcraft.net into it and your name.

any questions send my a pm.

• may i use your mod ic2 into my modpack pleasse??? i set a link to industrialcraft.net into it and your name.

any questions send my a pm.

+1 for necroposting
    +1 for thread hijacking
    +1 for totally irrelevant question
    +1 for capital letters
    +1 for not reading

• +1 for necroposting
    +1 for thread hijacking
    +1 for totally irrelevant question
    +1 for capital letters
    +1 for not reading

Level up?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l