replacement for mass fab: large hydron colider

• I find that a mass fab makes uu matter a bit too easily.

for that i want to suggest a new machine. sort of a large accelerator. no more magic block.

it's a circular construction similar to a large hadron collider in Geneva

parts are. coils, tubes, injector and collider chamber

the injector can use scrap to increase its production of 'protomatter' that is essentially the currency used to create UU.

coils: need to be powered with sufficient EU in order to accelerate the protomatter. more power means more speed means greater production in the collission chamber. they also are needed in the corners to redirect the stream.

tubes: to shield the stream and transfer it to the next coil.

construction. it's always a circle like pattern you need to follow. the matter must make a loop.

coils are always needed in the bends in the circle , but can also be set in between. tubes in set between the coils.

Coils improve the production according to the power they get.
    tubes increase the production by a small set amount .

simplest construction would be 6 blocks: the injector, the collider and 4 coils for the bends but with very low yield.

the bigger the circle the greater the production speed can be made by means of the number of coils used.

recipes are based on alloys and advanced circuits.

• Hehe, I like the idea a lot ^^

sadly, I think the chance of actually seeing this happen is slim. you'd need a few new items which serve only one use (the collider) plus Block ID's AND it'd be a multiblock machine.
    If I recall correctly Al the dragon dislikes everything that has but one use. Unless these "coils" would be used in other recipes *cough* tesla * cough* I don't think it to become real.

Also, I remember a discussion where Alblaka explained why he is not a big fan of multiblock machines (something about them being slightly laggier than normal one-block machines I believe). Long story short, other than the nuclear reactor I don't think we'll see anything like that :/

TL;DR

Fun idea, but don't fix what is not broken

• This. Only one tiny extra: People will want to build the biggest accelerator ever, only to see that the outer chunks of it are not loaded. Else, what you said. Great post, we can now close this thread.

• Oh no not again. I get spammed with that Suggestion and can only answer, that this will not get added soon.

What were you expecting? When you're good at something, people usually spam you to do more.
    If nobody did, that meant you sucked.

Still, has greg-tech enjoys making enhancements of common IC2 items, it would be normal to add this, when you feel ready and if you like it.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Still, has greg-tech enjoys making enhancements of common IC2 items, it would be normal to add this, when you feel ready and if you like it.

But more expensive UUM is not the point of his mod. He's creating Tier IV-V, not trying to "balance" (this suggestion isn't balanced for me, why I used """ [I know, it's useless to put some " " " between """and unreadable, but funny])

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I really like this idea. I would like to experiment with it and see how it works out :3. The only problem might be lag with all the collisions..

• Évery action will casue lag and fps drop.

Off course, Exploding stuff is going to be heavier than staring at a tree.

If properly done, a code can reduce the lag and fps drop by reducing the number and lenght of opperations.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• The LHC is not made to produce matter, but to tear apart the protons, exposing the things that it's made of.
    For mass fabrication, it would be more realistic a nuclear fusion chamber.