"End" Power Source

• How about an End themed power source, utilizing the forces and resources of the end to make a new powersource which is nearly limitless but extremely dificult to make.

for an example.

An Ender Core.

P=enderpearl
    E=energy crystal.
    Dr=Enderdragon Egg.
    A=advanced circut

PEP
    ADrA
    PEP

this would be the power sources fuel essentially, but it would be extremely dificult to maintain, the core itself would be he same strength as an entire 6 chamber reactor and ten times as unstable. so without proper setup it would explode with the force of 10 nukes.

as for the setup, the core will be a three block high one block thick chamber which the Endercore will be in the center held by only 2 tubes top and bottom.

as for the containment and such, there will be 4 focused lasers, all equally distanced in diameter and radius from the core and each other.

the lasers each focus into a large 12 block ring around the core which in turn creates a force field and energy tap. the force field will deploy up 25 blocks and down 25 blocks, it essentially is just as so

D D D D
    D..... D
    D..... D
    D D D D

The D's are just the closes thing to a block at the time without confusion.

the bottom and top of the core are the only things you can use to tap into the power source.

this new power source would require an enormous amount of work and planning to maintain.

the entire setup is similar to a nuclear reactor in terms of GUI.

the following are what are needed to keep an Endercore running without problems. Whereas a nuclear reactor needs to quell heat, the Endercore needs to contain power.

in that sense a Capacitor is needed, consisting of 3 ender pearls, 3 laptron crystals and 3 glass fiber cables. the ender pearls in a V formation, Laptron Crystals in an upside down V and the cables filling in the rest.

there is also a need for a power regulator which requires 3 redstone timers. an MSFU, and 4 Advanced Circuts.

lastly there is a need for an internal forcefield to help contain the power. this is the most expensive and dificult device to make and you need 4 of them.

the recipe is basically this, you need 9 stacks of advanced alloys all in a block pattern filling each part in the recipe block. then you need to take the 64 (Titanium) blocks then put 16 in each corner of the recipe table. then place a Laptron Crystal in the dead center. and fill the bottom top and left plots with fully charged mining lasers. and the left plot a glass fiber cable.

these need to be 3 plots away from the center where the powersource is.

there is a lot more I wanna add, but I have to think it through more, a lot more.

I do know one thing that I would love to see, there would be an option to make an Emergency vent device which channels the surge of energy into a directed purple laser about 4 blocks thick and will attract a lot of endermen.

just to reiterate these are not multiblock machines...aside from the ring of D's which has no multiblock GUI but instead just there acting like connected redstone, and the main reactor chamber ( many times reffered as the endcore) will be just a visual aspect and works like the ring of D's regardless if you have 1 or 2 the GUI stays the same.

• well the end exists....so why not discover what runs that universe and realm?

it can act like a Zero Point Module from SGA. but instead of an artificially created universe it is something very mysterious.

like how the Nether has a ton of Lava to create lava cells therefor power, why not do something similar with the end?

plus the Ender Dragon Egg has no current purpose.

• Official Post

BINGO! Now i know, how to get Helium-3 (amoung other Resources) from a natural vanilly Resource! Endstone + Centrifuge!

As for the Suggestion and Core-IC², i think you can forget it, as its way too complicated and too magical.

• well still, its there, the game has tons of magic in it, the enders teleport out of nowhere and continue to grab blocks, so why not tap into this energy. in any way you can...

let me put it this way, the ender dragon egg was the main inspiration for this as it has no current purpous aside from decoration.

Its only magical to you because no one has explained how the end and its inhabitants work, so why dont we create an explanation?

• Teleportation by enderpearl is part of vanilla minecraft not IC2.

If you look at IC2 you'll find a machine that is called the teleporter, it does the same job but for a heavy price. :P You're probably going to turn around and say "OMG see ic2 has magic!" but IMO its more Star Trek(/sci-fi)-ish where as your suggestion is probably what I'd call 'Harry Potter'-ish.

You don't give any explanation as to why ender egg is so powerful, and I don't think it would be possible to come up with one that is industrial/science-y enough to make sense.

• ok well...for the egg being so powerful how about this. since it is a new ender dragon it needs to develop, and in lieu of actual cells it has energy or "End" energy, and a lot of energy goes into making a new dragon....so we crack it and contain the energy to create power.

• Besides the whole magic thing, there is only one Enderdragon egg ever... So, servers would have a free-for-all to be the first to collect this resource...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Besides the whole magic thing, there is only one Enderdragon egg ever... So, servers would have a free-for-all to be the first to collect this resource...

I know of a lot of servers including the one I admin on (the League of Science) who reset the end and nether every 2 weeks. plus even if they didnt, it is still a good drawback to have.

and if people wanna talk to me about magic, they should know about one simple fact. the nuclear reactors in IC2 practically are magic...no turbines, no water to heat up and create a steam system for a turbine to generate power. just heat. heat doesnt make power on its own....therefor the current nuclear reactors in IC2 are magic.

therefor the current nuclear reactors in IC2 are magic.

No. Welcome to Minecraft where everything is made up and the physics don't matter. While you may tell me that my reactor is not realistically cooled, it at least has some basis in the science of producing energy from uranium, I can prove uranium creates energy, can you prove that dragon eggs are capable of creating energy?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I know of a lot of servers including the one I admin on (the League of Science) who reset the end and nether every 2 weeks. plus even if they didnt, it is still a good drawback to have.

and if people wanna talk to me about magic, they should know about one simple fact. the nuclear reactors in IC2 practically are magic...no turbines, no water to heat up and create a steam system for a turbine to generate power. just heat. heat doesnt make power on its own....therefor the current nuclear reactors in IC2 are magic.

Wait, since when steam turbine is the only way to convert heat to electricity?

See this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermophotovoltaic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R…_thermoelectric_generator (aka the long denied suggestion of nuke battery)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermionic_converter

And it convert heat directly into electricity without any moving part!

And this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_turbine

Also this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_engine

Even turbine can use other working fluid

If you say there is no heat sink, you are partially correct, but even that we need to cool the reactor to prevent it from exploding, and there is your heat sink

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

Edited once, last by Thepowdertoy +Bleach ().