How does the generator works?

• well, just as the title says, how does the plain, normal generator works?
    i mean, electricity can be produced by a main ways:
    dynamo\generator- converting mechanical energy into electricity using magnets and copper wires (specifically, moving them in comparison to one another).
    otherwise it's some weird reaction: solar panel uses light-based chemical* reaction, some crystals produce charge when under pressure. *(i think it was chemical, maybe not)

So how does the ic2 generator works? i mean, usually fuel based generation is chemical(fuel)-heat-kinetic(steam)-electricity(steam moving the wires/magnets)
    windmills generation is even simpler- kinetic(wind)-electricity(moving the wires/magnets), watermills the same (just with kinetic(water))
    but IC2 generators don't seem to work under any real rule: they go chemical(fuel)-heat(furnace)- ? ? ? - profit! i mean, EU (which is highly assumed to be electricity).
    so how? does heating up refined iron minecraftly make them full of eu, or... really what?

hmm, that seems like a good suggestion (yes, it's off the original topic, but it's related)...
    :Rubber:
    :Refined Iron: :Copper Ingot: :Refined Iron: =hand held dynamo? food points for a few eu?
    __ :RE Battery: (re-batt)
    -------
    __ :RE Battery:
    :Refined Iron: :Copper Ingot: :Refined Iron: =generator?
    __ :Generator: (furnace)

• Shouldn't this be in the suggestion forum? Nobody knows how the generator works past "you put coal in, energy comes out", feel free to put forward how you think it works but as far as I know it runs on magic and pixie dust.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• but where is the water/steam?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Might become a moot point soon anyway. It seems like IC2exp is in the process of switching to separate blocks for fuel (e.g. coal, charcoal, wood, oil, etc.) ->heat, heat+water->steam, steam->kinetic, and kinetic->electricity.

• Official Post

An ironic thing is that electricity to kinetic to electricity is lossless :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Meh, that isn't really the most problematic point, let it like that for the sake of large builds ( to make the calculation of stuff easier ;) )

• for the generator, they could instead of a semi-multiblock just put 2 buckets of water(=infinite source) in the crafting recipe.

EDIT: I just noticed that apparently my post count is broken.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.