How to make scrap witouth RP?

• New reactors usually require a lot of materials used each cycle. So, to properly calculate it's effectivity we should know energy price of making replacements. Especially if we use lapis. And for that, we should know the price of making scrap.

If we'd have rp2 (i.e. breakers), then it would be only price of recycling - 12k per matter or so, because we can feed recyclers with generated cobble slabs.

But how to make scrap without block breakers?

• New reactors usually require a lot of materials used each cycle. So, to properly calculate it's effectivity we should know energy price of making replacements. Especially if we use lapis. And for that, we should know the price of making scrap.

If we'd have rp2 (i.e. breakers), then it would be only price of recycling - 12k per matter or so, because we can feed recyclers with generated cobble slabs.

Generally, I use the tailings from my Quarry system to feed recyclers. One only needs so many stacks of cobblestone, dirt, and sand. Set up my recyclers on the 'overflow' pipe, so that when the chest is full, excess gets fed straight to the recyclers.

Another option would be to set up mass renewable resources. For example, a Forestry Reed Farm produces quite a bit of reeds which can be recycled. Farms produce a surplus of seeds and wheat which can also be recycled. Likewise, darkroom mobgrinder provide copious quantities of recyclables. Usage of a 'lava blade' will obviate its secondary use as an xp farm, but will fully automate it with the use of an obsidian pipe.

You could build a simple cobble gen with IC miners. The concept is pretty simple if you know how the miners work.

• You could build a simple cobble gen with IC miners. The concept is pretty simple if you know how the miners work.

also possible to do with Buildcraft quarries. Size required varies dependent on how much power is supplied. Fully powered via combustion it may take a line 10+ long to avoid the problem of the quarry mining further down.

• Hi,

I have only two quarry running with 450 redstones engine and it's sufficient to supply a recycler with 8 OCs.

The astuce is to transform 1 cobblestone into sand then glass and craft cobblestone transport pipes, with 3 stacks of cobblestone you got 8 stacks of cobblestone transport pipes :D

• I think the only reason not to use redpower is that it isn't updated yet for 1.3.2 and the same situation is with TE. Using my current quarry leftovers I think I can start with scrap production without any cobble generators: http://imgur.com/Rh8eH . It will be enough for almost a 3 stacks of UU ;).

• As I pointed out in the alternative source of recycle fodder thread, these work as efficient, yet kind of immoral way of obtaining massive amounts of sand, and as items on the ground disappear after 5 minutes, you would only need to check up once every 5 minutes

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I could not figure how to make this sand piston thingie work. And, you can collect dropped stuff with obsidian pipes - BC for 1.3.2 is already out:)

Probably, easiest way to get lots of junk with ONLY IC2 is to go postal with laser's scatter mode in desert.

• About laser, in 1.97 (I don't know if it still works in 1.106, but probably will) you could just harvest netherrack. It seems to destroy as quick as sand and it is quicker to harvest. In desert you only have 4 layers of sand, for netherrack you have full dimension of it.

• We use Minefactory Fishers (about 20 on a fast pulse) We can fill a double chest with scrap in 20-30 mins
    I can post pictures if anyone want's to see it.
    Have never seen any setup coming remotely close to ours in speed and it's 100% automated ;)
    Btw Redpower is just to easy, takes all the challenge away when it comes to building redstone stuff..

• Found two other relatively easy ways. Wood block can be divided to 4 planks, pumpkin can be divided to 4 seeds. First can be made in various ways, if you have BC and/or forestry.
    Pumpkins can be made in numbers with either BC/forestry, or IC2 farms. Even without (horribly bugged) breeding, ic2 pumpkins grow crazy fast and can be harvested by just walking through farm, holding eight button.

Of cause, none of these can give you industrial amount of stuff, but will make that quantum suit much easier to get.

• As I pointed out in the alternative source of recycle fodder thread, these work as efficient, yet kind of immoral way of obtaining massive amounts of sand, and as items on the ground disappear after 5 minutes, you would only need to check up once every 5 minutes

What kind of storage thing is that in that picture? They look to hold stupid amounts of stuff.

• What kind of storage thing is that in that picture? They look to hold stupid amounts of stuff.

What storage thing?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hmm, using ladders for recyclers was a bad idea. Wooden slabs use as much wood as sticks, but can "burn" in recyclers. So, it's possible to get 8 recyclable stuff (full scrap!) from one wood (and 14 burnable stuff).

• Official Post

so you can now use Scrap boxes in UU-generation I've heard.

My question is: is it somehow more efficient, or can you just fit more in the UU-gen at the same time?

Maximum amplifier usage is 20 every second, so you can feed your massfab more power and consume up to 180 scraps per second (20 scrapboxes).