[IC2 Exp][1.6.4][V1.118] Advanced Power Management V1.2.85-IC2_1.118

• I can't tell what all the recipes are by just looking at them and hovering my mouse over them doesn't' help.

Good point. I'll poke Pantheis to update the OP to include the recipe components, which are as follows. :) Not sure why this wasn't in the readme all along.

LV Charging Bench:

1 Batbox
    3 Insulated Copper Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

MV Charging Bench:

1 MFE
    3 2x Insulated Gold Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

HV Charging Bench:

1 MFSU
    3 4x Insulated HV (Iron) Cable
    1 Electronic Circuit
    4 Wooden Planks

• So you wait for the 1.108 final?
    No chance you can release a beta? Missing this awesome mod on my 1.4.2 server :D

• Do you need more beta testers? ;)

• So you wait for the 1.108 final?
    No chance you can release a beta? Missing this awesome mod on my 1.4.2 server :D

Do you need more beta testers? ;)

We aren't waiting for a final 1.108 build before releasing, so don't worry about that. :) We have had a port working for 1.4.2 for about a week, but decided to hold back on a release until we rolled in the new features we were working on so we didn't do a back to back release. The new features are almost ready for release and then we'll post up a beta for 1.4.2 / IC2 1.108. I think we're looking at an ETA for a 1.4.2 release of this weekend.

• We aren't waiting for a final 1.108 build before releasing, so don't worry about that. :) We have had a port working for 1.4.2 for about a week, but decided to hold back on a release until we rolled in the new features we were working on so we didn't do a back to back release. The new features are almost ready for release and then we'll post up a beta for 1.4.2 / IC2 1.108. I think we're looking at an ETA for a 1.4.2 release of this weekend.

That are great news! :)

• We are going to TRY to get the 1.4.2 version posted tonight. We'd like to have proper screenshots and all that ready to go, and last he checked Pantheis couldn't fit all of the info text into the OP of this thread anymore! So we're going to have to figure out what to do about that. Cross your fingers that Murphy, life, and time constraints don't interfere too badly!

Worst case is that it gets posted tomorrow sometime, but I'm really eager to get these new features out there for people to play with in their 1.4.2 worlds! :)

Here's a little preview...

You're familar with the three on the left. The next three are Battery Stations, and the last is the Storage Monitor.

Oh, but before you start thinking we haven't improved the Charging Bench itself...

Okay, it's purely cosmetic, but see that faint glow effect around the digits on the "LED display panel" there? Is that nifty or what? :D And you can expect to see more of that kind of thing on some of the new additions.

Oh, and before I forget, yes, you'll be able to upgrade charging benches. Or downgrade them, should you desire. Without losing the previous bench's components. ;)

• It's up!

11/03/2012 1.1.30-IC2_1.108:
    Major mod update! It is now called Advanced Power Management and includes the Charging Bench, Battery Station, Storage Monitor and Emitter blocks.
    Updated codebase for Minecraft 1.4.2, MCP 7.19, Minecraft Forge 6.0.1.349, Industrial Craft 2 1.108 beta
    Added Battery Station
    Added Storage Monitor
    Added Adjustable Emitter
    Refactored code internally to reduce number of classes
    APM will check for an existing ChargingBench.cfg configuration file on first load and will migrate settings over
    APM will migrate existing Charging Benches and Emitters that have been placed over to the new internal structure.
    Added in-place downgrade/upgrade kits for the Charging Bench
    Added ability to disassemble the upgrade kit back to the component parts for the bench that was used to craft it. This means you can uncraft your HV bench and get the circuits, wires and MFSU back.
    Changed to a localization supported structure for in-game text
    Redesigned GUI for Charging Bench, the numbers now glow green and look to be in a display bar
    General code cleanup
    Added proper copyright headers to all source code files
    Fixed item tooltip display on clients connected to dedicated servers for the item link cards
    Added Side restrictions in code. Shouldn't really matter, but best to be safe so the server doesn't try to run client GUI code

Download is in the first post!

• I have noticed a bug and it may only just be me, but I thought of posting it anyways.
    whenever I open a LV charging bench (the only thing I crafted from this mod yet) it automatically takes my batpack from my armor slot and puts it in the charging bench armor slot even though I didn't shift+clicked it in. and when it does that it also doesn't autotically charge the batpack, I have to take the batpack out and put it in the normal charning slots

• Yusunoha, the batpack's location hasn't changed. Compare the position of the armor slots on the Charging Bench's GUI to the location of the armor slots on your player inventory. The bench GUI simply displays your player's armor slots in addition to your main inventory space.

To charge your batpack, move it from that column on the left into the charging area to the right of the energy meter. You can shift-click or drag and drop. When it's done charging, shift-clicking the output or dragging it back to those armor slots will equip it right back onto your character. :)

• I just backported the 1.4.2 version of APM to Minecraft 1.3.2, IC2 1.107 beta and Forge 4.3.5.318. Those of you stuck on 1.3.2 now have the latest and greatest! :) Download is in the opening post.

-edit-
    Just to clarify, the backported version is posted in the opening post directly under the version for 1.4.2, and named AdvancedPowerManagement-1.1.30-IC2_1.107.jar. The version named ChargingBench-1.0.9 is the old version and has been moved to the bottom of the opening post. It is not the current version.

• you say forge 349-353
    I have 355...should i bother installing? at the time you posted 353 was the latest? or this does not work with 355?

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• If IC2's beta works for you on that version of forge, then I suspect that this mod will work as well. We're compiling it using forge build 353, but we are not aware of anything that would prevent it from working on later versions. Give it a shot, and let us know what your results are either way! :)

• One suggestion I would have for you is this.
    Make it possible to create a single link card that sums up multiple storage units. So you can have the one block output redstone based on an entire system of MFSU's.

• Make it possible to create a single link card that sums up multiple storage units. So you can have the one block output redstone based on an entire system of MFSU's.

Interesting suggestion. Let me see if I understand it correctly. You want to be able to tag any number of storage blocks with one card, put it in the monitor, and have the monitor display (and act on) the sum of the current energy levels and the sum of the maximum storage of all the blocks?

We had originally been considering a feature which would allow the monitor to handle multiple blocks by simply giving it more slots in which to place link cards. I'm not sure what to think of the idea of using a single card for all the blocks, though. It would at the very least require a redesign of the card systems, unlike our original concept.

We may still do something like this eventually, but I'm not going to make any promises on what form it will take, when it will be added, or if it will actually be added at all. ;)

• Interesting suggestion. Let me see if I understand it correctly. You want to be able to tag any number of storage blocks with one card, put it in the monitor, and have the monitor display (and act on) the sum of the current energy levels and the sum of the maximum storage of all the blocks?

We had originally been considering a feature which would allow the monitor to handle multiple blocks by simply giving it more slots in which to place link cards. I'm not sure what to think of the idea of using a single card for all the blocks, though. It would at the very least require a redesign of the card systems, unlike our original concept.

We may still do something like this eventually, but I'm not going to make any promises on what form it will take, when it will be added, or if it will actually be added at all. ;)

Exactly. The ability to output a redstone signal based on the level of a single block is useful, but in the late game I usually have a storage system with a large number of MFSU's. However you implement it, I would hope that it could accommodate a large number of storage units. 30-40 if possible.

• a large number of MFSU's. 30-40 if possible.

That many, eh? And here we are only building more than one if we set up power plants in multiple locations... :D

Personally, I'm leaning toward the "several card slots" approach with the monitor summing the energy values. Even if they only had six slots or so, you'd be able to place just a handful of monitors instead of one per storage unit. Either way you'd just run a line of redstone next to all of them to get your 'something needs power' signal, but it would be much smaller that way.

It might very well end up being an "improved" or "Multi-storage" monitor with a costlier crafting recipe, though. But once again, no promises. Pantheis and I will have to discuss this some more to decide where we want to go with the mod.