• "If Multiverse and Industrial Craft are installed, some functions of Industrial Craft will break. You will not be able to change the redstone behavior on energy storage units. You will also not be able to change the information types on the Industrial Information Panels. The mass fabricator front face also flips to the bottom. This last bug is just a texture bug though."

I posted this on the Multiverse bug report. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm not sure what to do. Is anyone maybe using an alternative to Multiverse that would be good?

Thanks.

• Are you sure about Mystcraft? I'm using Tekkit (I'm sick of making modpacks) and MystCraft has that heavy resources world that would make miners OP. What do you think of this?

• Are you sure about Mystcraft? I'm using Tekkit (I'm sick of making modpacks) and MystCraft has that heavy resources world that would make miners OP. What do you think of this?

Barring in mind that XCompWiz and his team are currently testing a version of Mystcraft that would make Dense Ores ages a hell of a lot more dangerous to go to.

• Hmm, well even if this is true, I still have a problem. The mod compatibility with all these other tekkit mods is properly horrible. Plus, I don't feel like spending another 5 hours trying to get the compatibility issues sorted out. I thought someone maybe had a quick fix for multiverse. If not, maybe someone has a way to get Mystcraft working with Tekkit?

• The mod compatibility with all these other tekkit mods is properly horrible.

That's why I just strongly recommend installing the mods yourself, if you're tired of making modpacks and doing similar things, why not use MultiMC?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Alright, I just tried out MultiMC and it's pretty much the same process. I got 3 mods to work correctly, and as soon as I insert ComputerCraft, I get a forge error. I fix that and then when I add CodeChickenCore, I get more errors. These are the same constant problems I had to deal with before I was using Tekkit. Every time a new mod update comes out, or minecraft updates, I have to spend hours trying to get all the mods to stop fighting each other. It's not that I can't get them to work, it's that I'm sick and tired of trying to get them to play with each other.

• How are you installing them? If you give us an error log we can probably help you out with it

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• You get used to the errors, at the bottom of the error log, there is a section that tells you what is wrong. Computercraft, chances are, is a clash of Block/Item ID's so i sugest changing the ID for the Block/item for either computer craft or the mod that has the clash. Code Chicken Core i fixed by saving the .zip as a .jar and putting it all into the core mods folder for 1.3.2, do this for NEI as well. The first thing you should always do when adding in mods is make sure you have instaled the mod/s that are required to make it work. e.g IC2 won't work without Forge AND FML. i know from experience how easy it is to use mod packs as i also used Technic/Tekkit before they had the stupid launcher (and before Better Dungeons) i lost almost all my frames when playing, I tried the DNS pack that has 80+ mods and it ran smoother then Technic (but i crashed because it had to save alot of stuff, and it got Very anoying when i gor Spiny Netherack Picks from mining Ore and test tubes from trees..., so i stoped using the launcher and instaled all the mods I wanted in, I havn't gone back to either Technic or Tekkit and only still use it to help out with issues on my friends servers. Good Luck with the change.

• Yeah, I know how to setup these servers, but it still takes a HUGE amount of time. I'm not willing to spend 5 hours every time I have to rebuild my mod packs. I know how to fix the errors. Usually I trial and error until I figure out the problem, and then I get hit by another problem. I keep fixing these problems until the server works. This sometimes takes me up to 5 hours. I think I will stick to Tekkit until Minecraft gets some good mod support.

Only if you choose to make a world with heavy resources. With the creative notebook mystcraft allows you to choose how the world can be whatever way you want. Note though, that mystcraft requires specific forge versions for now.

The one I use for 1.2.5 Minecraft is forge 3.3.8.164
    The one I use for 1.3.2 Minecraft is forge 4.1.1.257

Typically the build number can be higher as long as Y in the following x.x.Y.x is not higher than the recommended version.

• Only if you choose to make a world with heavy resources. With the creative notebook mystcraft allows you to choose how the world can be whatever way you want. Note though, that mystcraft requires specific forge versions for now.

The one I use for 1.2.5 Minecraft is forge 3.3.8.164
    The one I use for 1.3.2 Minecraft is forge 4.1.1.257

Typically the build number can be higher as long as Y in the following x.x.Y.x is not higher than the recommended version.

Which will be more or less obsolete as the hooks that XCompWiz needs are now inside of Forge, which, one, allows it to be a mods folder mod, and two, releases the user from making sure to use the correct version of Forge.

• Which will be more or less obsolete as the hooks that XCompWiz needs are now inside of Forge, which, one, allows it to be a mods folder mod, and two, releases the user from making sure to use the correct version of Forge.

That's why I said mystcraft requires specific forge versions for now :>

• Does anyone know if there is an effort of the mod community, or by the Minecraft dev team, to make a central modding API? So, we don't have to worry about this stupid bukkit/forge/modloader/codechickencore/what ever else problem? Is it insane to ask such a popular game to not have so many compatibility issues? Minecraft to me is no fun without these mods, and it's such a pain to get them to work together.

• Does anyone know if there is an effort of the mod community, or by the Minecraft dev team, to make a central modding API? So, we don't have to worry about this stupid bukkit/forge/modloader/codechickencore/what ever else problem? Is it insane to ask such a popular game to not have so many compatibility issues? Minecraft to me is no fun without these mods, and it's such a pain to get them to work together.

Yeah, you kind of just described Minecraft Forge there, it is a central API that includes a modloader and most mods are dependent upon it. Mojang is currently "making a modding API" but I'm pretty certain it was slated for release like 5 months ago.

What problem are you having "getting them to work together"? To me it is extremely easy to install mods, you just drop Forge into minecraft.jar, drop mods in mods folder, and run Minecraft, is there something hard about this?

Question: You new to the modding community? I ask as there has been news for a while of a supposed modding API from Mojang, but it keeps getting pushed back.

• No, I'm not new. I've been playing Industrial Craft since the original Industrial Craft.

Also, I'm talking about installing a server plus a client. First I have to figure out which version of Forge all the mods use. Then I have to figure out if any of them need Modloader MP. Then when I start my client or server, there is an error and I spend an hour trying to figure out how to fix it. Then 5 other problems occur and I fix them as well. Then, I try again and there are ID conflicts. I spend more time trying to change all the IDs and then start Minecraft again. Then, I got the server working. I have to do the entire thing again for the client.

There needs to be a vanilla API because with this, when Minecraft updates, there won't be a need for mods to continue to have to update their mod to the latest version. Also, I bet it would make the jobs of mod developers a lot easier.

And yes, I keep up with the whole Minecraft development. I've been playing Minecraft for a long time.

• Forge includes Modloader and MP, all Mods you need to install go into Mods folder, important ones (NEI) in CoreMods, REALLY complicated ones in Jar (Mystcraft).
    (BTW, if you only use folder mods (No Jar Mods), the version of Forge is usually irrelevant, so just get the latest recommended. ID conflicts shouldn't be a problem, just keep a written list and make sure nothing conflicts.)

(BTW2, if Mojang made a Forge-type thing, it wouldn't be nearly as good. With Forge, Modders (Eloraam) can keep putting in stuff they need for themselves.)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato