[1.4.2] Open Beta v1.108

• I contacted Sengir back in 125, he pointed me to a BC 3.2 commit which prevents wells and quarries from mauling safes.

Eloraam says the block breaker "ignores any unbreakable block" but didn't specify a criteria.

• The title says this release is for Minecraft 1.4.2, although it only works with the latest MinecraftForge, which is currently for Minecraft 1.4.3.
    Perhaps a bit misleading...

• The title says this release is for Minecraft 1.4.2, although it only works with the latest MinecraftForge, which is currently for Minecraft 1.4.3.

It's implied that the end user would understand that this open beta of IC2 for MC 1.4.2 would require the latest version of Forge for 1.4.2.

• It's implied that the end user would understand that this open beta of IC2 for MC 1.4.2 would require the latest version of Forge for 1.4.2.

I guess. Although it wouldn't hurt anybody to change 'requires latest forge' to 'requires latest 1.4.2 forge'.

• Interesting information so far from what I read...

I do hope the wiki gets an update at some point with all the new additions I've seen so far added to the mod. It's servery lacking information on the new build. The information is waaaaaaay outdated, like the information on the wiki is from 1.2.5 version of IC2.

it can misslead only brain damaged "users", that always present and every version someone install wrong versions.

• I will change the OP once I'm not on a mobile.

I've been recommended to withhold porting to 1.4.3 until it's decided if something (I don't know if I can disclose it, Mojang contacts you know) will happen or not.

• I will change the OP once I'm not on a mobile.

I've been recommended to withhold porting to 1.4.3 until it's decided if something (I don't know if I can disclose it, Mojang contacts you know) will happen or not.

If I may I would like to recommend something also:
    2 versions of the Beta...2 branches
    Beta InDev - where new features that are likely to cause bugs are added and tested
    and
    Beta Stable - where fixes and buffs/nerfs are added.
    That way the Beta Stable can be used to test more stable builds for minor/subtle bugs and glitches...you know that last 10% that is harder than the first 90% but wich makes the difference between a piece and a masterpiece.
    And the Beta InDev can be used to test for run of the mill bugs that come with new features ( such as the reactor change from build 71)

* The recent beta releases have shown you that you have a community behind you that is willing to help and put time in beta-testing.
    ** The new bugtracker makes what I'm suggesting possible.
    *** As far as Minecraft mods go you would be pioneering this technique and probably the world will follow.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

Edited once, last by mcmz4e ().

• Official Post

I have recognized, that its impossible to remove IC²-Crafting-Recipes, which contain wooden Planks in any form. How the fuck do you do that!?! I wanted to nerf Scaffolds and found out, that wooden Watermills also didnt get removed, eventhough my Recipedeleter was returning true.

I also added an Oredictentry for Planks and Logs ("woodPlanks" and "woodLog"), so that EXBL could add its wooden Stuff to it.

• I have recognized, that its impossible to remove IC²-Crafting-Recipes, which contain wooden Planks in any form. How the fuck do you do that!?! I wanted to nerf Scaffolds and found out, that wooden Watermills also didnt get removed, eventhough my Recipedeleter was returning true.

I also added an Oredictentry for Planks and Logs ("woodPlanks" and "woodLog"), so that EXBL could add its wooden Stuff to it.

Actually, according to Scott of EBXL, he had already published his planks to the OreDict since EBXL 3.0.

• I noticed on the current beta that long-range and scatter mode on the mining laser are able destroy reinforced blocks. I never noticed this before so I went back to check and this is also true in 1.95
    Is this working as intended?

I know this has been mentioned in previous threads but, it could be a useful feature to have the option of limiting which fire modes are available on a server. :thumbup:

• @above from having played on several war servers, mining lasers destroying (to some extent) reinforced stone, is completely intended.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l