suggestion: vacuum tool

• So I was working on a chunk of my factory, and blocks that I trimmed off kept falling between tubing and redstone circuitry, requiring me to tear out a chunk of the machinery to get to it. After the fourth or fifth time this happened, I wondered about how nice it would be to have some way to bring the items to me, hence this suggestion thread. I have no idea what the recipe would be, but the behavior I have in mind would be for left click to drag items/creatures to the player, and right click to push them away. In addition to the intended item retrieval use, a person could have endless fun pushing creepers off cliffs/into traps. Any thoughts on this idea gentlemen?

• Official Post

It sounds nice, as it could be used to retrieve lots of items (from an explosion, player kill, mobs, overflow, chest break...) in a second. Other uses could be to remove unhardened CF-blocks [And storing 1/13 pellets per unhardened CF-block retrieved, so you can recycle those CF blocks that are misplaced]

• I imagine he'd have the same problem using RP2.

This idea is basically the same as NEI's magnet mode. I always kind of felt like magnet mode was cheating however and I wouldn't mind a way t make it more legitimate.

• i like it aswel, nowadays when i need to retrieve alot of items in one go. i simply activate magnet mode for an moment, and presto. its done,

relatively easy to code i think, EE also has an item which does an similar function (its only lubriciously expensive)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Although it isn't in IC2, and they havn't updated to 1.4.2 as far as im aware, there are a few ways of retrieving the items.

1. NEI's Magnet Mode (really good for void worlds
    2. Rocket Science has a Wet/Dry Vac that i think can absorb items, im not to sure on that one

• Official Post

i like it aswel, nowadays when i need to retrieve alot of items in one go. i simply activate magnet mode for an moment, and presto. its done,

relatively easy to code i think, EE also has an item which does an similar function (its only lubriciously expensive)

Black hole ring is nice, if vacuum tool worked similar it would be nice (mob gathering tool that uses energy)

Although it isn't in IC2, and they havn't updated to 1.4.2 as far as im aware, there are a few ways of retrieving the items.

1. NEI's Magnet Mode (really good for void worlds
    2. Rocket Science has a Wet/Dry Vac that i think can absorb items, im not to sure on that one

IC² has an open beta version (1.108) for MC 1.4.2

1. Yea, but using it is not legit.

2. its addon is not updated anymore by creator, don't know if rocket science-based addon has it.

• I like it. Preferably focused, not all items around. Made from wind generator, RE battery, circuit.

Thaumcraft 2 has such a thing too. To pull only.