Functional model of the Chernobyl power plant

• Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia, so there can be errors in the text. I want to show my project operating nuclear power plant on a prototype Cherobylskoy Nuclear Power Plant. Here I have a complex, but not yet completed.
    Tried to make the similarity is not only visual, but also functional, the use of different mods.
    The basis used IC2, also used mods: RP2, BuildCraft, BCIC2crossover , ComputerCraft, BucketFiller, Railcraft_Client, WirelessRedstone, Train mod, IC2NuclearControl, additionalpipes

The reactor is cooled by an uninterrupted supply bucket of water. Empty buckets coming out of the reactor again filled with water and fed back into the reactor.The reactor is always running at high temperatures, so you always want to control the process flow in the room "block control panel". This all made for a more realistic look.

Now using version MineCraft 1.2.5.

After the upgrade to version IC2 1.106 mod problem, the work of the reactor changed and under my model station, he does not fit.. Now the reactor does not take to cool and ice buckets. For my model is an important point.

Is it possible that a return to the old principle of the reactor?(that the reactor would take a bucket of water and ice.)

where you can modify the code or ...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiRZQP3MDnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-drtng4o0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olrbUJVwx3k

• So you want a CASUC? The only way to do it is by using minecraft 1.2.5 and IC2 version below 1.106, but if you really really want to modify the code, you can:
    1. Change nuclear reactor code inside IC2 to use old code, which have single use coolant
    2. Make an addon that implements IC2 reactor component API to cool the reactor and delete 1 item

Or if you don't want to code, there always be new CASUC, which is:
    1. LZH condensator reactor, cooled by UU matter powered LZH condensator regeneration, link here: My working LZH-condensator reactor, results on efficiency, and effective power generation.
    2. Cooling cells reactor, cooled by constantly circulating cooling cells, which is then cooled in another reactor, link here: Decentralized Distribution of Steam (DDoS)

And both of them can use existing bucket cooling system

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• You should have watched the videos before answering this guy.

TO Original Poster:
    I hope you understand me. It is absolutely beautiful. It looks amazing.
    The Rp2 frame crane is the cherry on the cake.
    I admire you for taking the time to build such a thing...and the details...just ...just...beautiful.
    Now to answer you question: Casuc was an accident that was never intended...and the chances that the IC2 dev-team will bring casuc back are ....0.
    The replacement for the CASUC (constantly aplied single use coolant)......CRCS (constantly refueled cooling sistem) uses redstone dust and lapiz lazuli to cool the reactor instead of water and ice ... so with the new sistem you can't make such a realistic build.
    Still...complex cooling sistems can be made with cooling cells and cooling reactors if you want to build it for fun...
    Congratulations on such an amazing build.

PS: to everyone who decides to post a reply:!!!
    Before you start flaming this guy for asking for CASUC back take a look at the 3 vids....it's just 15 minutes but it's totally woth spending the 15 minutes.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• At least I have give him alternative... and I also hate the dev decision to remove CASUC, because its so realistic and I also not flame him...

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• You may get lower losses by using glass fiber cable at a lower voltage, assuming that some would actually use it as an actual steamplant. Given the fact that you retextured the signs, you could retexture the cables as well. There is also the possibility of nuclear piles making steam in the future for Railcraft turbines. On a side note, the old pile code is open source now, so you could tweak it to add to the realism and add it back in, possibly with a different block ID. Or just compile it straight up (unmodified).

Can't seem to find it. I'm sure I saw Richard post it though.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

Edited 3 times, last by RockRaiderZulu ().

• Very nice, just wish i could read Russian. :P

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• 1. Change nuclear reactor code inside IC2 to use old code, which have single use coolant

I correctly understood you? it is possible to copy a code from IC2 1.103 and to replace it in IC2 1.106?
    If so, which code and where it to be?

Now I build the third power unit. The design of this reactor will be realistichny and it is more difficult, but cooling should remain same.

There is one more problem, the reactor in the new version should be included, and was on the contrary earlier that it would cease to work, it was necessary to activate it red stone. Whether probably most to change it in a code who be knows? For me it too important point.

• Now to answer you question: Casuc was an accident that was never intended...and the chances that the IC2 dev-team will bring casuc back are ....0.

Casus was a mistake a IC2 and then they corrected it? or I not so understood?

• For my project from the power reactor needs only that it could generate energy and cooling water and ice in the rest of the reactor does not need. Alblaka can give a simple code mode? :)

• Casus was a mistake a IC2 and then they corrected it? or I not so understood?

CASUCs were an unintended side effect of some rather ingenious players who figured out loopholes in the system. Although, I really wouldn't mind a config option that would alter reactor behaviour between the CASUC of old IC2 and the new reactors; but like mcmz4e said (don't mind if I paraphrase a little), the chances that the IC2 devs would bring back the CASUCs are zero at best.

• CASUCs were an unintended side effect of some rather ingenious players who figured out loopholes in the system. Although, I really wouldn't mind a config option that would alter reactor behaviour between the CASUC of old IC2 and the new reactors; but like mcmz4e said (don't mind if I paraphrase a little), the chances that the IC2 devs would bring back the CASUCs are zero at best.

I do not expect that the developers will change back. I could do it myself, or anyone else who knows JAVA. I do not think that this will have to reprogram all of the code, but just to make a change in a particular place. Or am I wrong? :)

• Official Post

Now to answer you question: Casuc was an accident that was never intended...and the chances that the IC2 dev-team will bring casuc back are ....0.
    The replacement for the CASUC (constantly aplied single use coolant)......CRCS (constantly refueled cooling sistem) uses redstone dust and lapiz lazuli to cool the reactor instead of water and ice ...

Be advised the words above are solely the oppinion of this (and mabye of other) user and do not necessaryly reflect or resemble the actual thoughts of the IC2-Team.

Btw, did I mention I hatestrongly dislike people who spread false information (even if unintentional because they didn't bother to actually check the facts)?

CASUC was dropped because it was deemed to exploitable and is going to be reintroduced with an advanced system Richard is currently working on.

• I do not expect that the developers will change back. I could do it myself, or anyone else who knows JAVA. I do not think that this will have to reprogram all of the code, but just to make a change in a particular place. Or am I wrong?

Actually, you don't need to alter reactor code or even use reactor API to re-implement CASUC. You just need to make a machine that "recharge" coolant cells, using water.

• Official Post

I do not expect that the developers will change back. I could do it myself, or anyone else who knows JAVA. I do not think that this will have to reprogram all of the code, but just to make a change in a particular place. Or am I wrong? :)

Water bucket/ice CASUCs were removed, but you now have Condensors, a high-tech (and expensive) way to keep your reactor constantly cooled.
    Anyway, you can make cooling reactors to keep cooling cells cooled. [Reactor with U, produce lots of heat. -> many reactors with cooling stuff, cools cooling cells of U reactor]

• your reactor is something most advanced thing i saw on these forums (since i been lurking for a while) those gauges, crane, buildings from real blueprint, and train driven uranium input. You sir deserve a medal. My RP BASIC computer controlled 2 core reactor is nothing in comparison to yours. by the way 1.2.5 is alright i don't see anything you miss in new versions what could influence your reactor design, so you can stay with 1.2.5 and keep your good work up.
    thanks for sharing this i always admired how reactors worked and you made it 1:1 :thumbup:

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• You just need to make a machine that "recharge" coolant cells, using water.

Understand you. if used for cooling Hydration Cells and Cooling Cells, the reactor becomes stable, the temperature does not change and disappears risk of an accident and to control it.
    This process makes the unrealistic cooling reactor control station for my model.
    There is no need: emergency control system, control system supply cooling and so on ...

If a method of cooling a bucket of water, and not Hydration Cells and Cooling Cells, the reactor always be in a superheated state. For this and created a management system to ensure uninterrupted water supply to the reactor, which would it keep critical condition. This gives the plant is realized by giving the ability to create a realistic model of the foreign and functional.

That's why I'm asking how to keep the old method of cooling in 1.106 and in future updates.

• I would like to describe how I would like to see the
    use of nuclear energy.

To do this, there are elements:

1 Nuclear pile (NP)

2 Green
    lava

3 Separator

4 Fuel-mass

5 Liquid sodium

6 Liquid sodium (green)

7 Green liquid

8 Turbine ( Railcraft or create similar)

Green lava:

This molten fuel. Has the usual properties of lava,
    only green. Next blocks are poisonous. Explodes on contact with water
    (explosion of dynamite).

Cool only liquid sodium. At cooling becomes toxic
    "green block" (fuel-mass)

Nuclear pile (NP)

NP only emits heat.

NP melts when overheated near the blocks and make
    poisonous atmosphere. At the critical temperature NP melts and turns into a
    green lava.

NP cooling using heat-transfer liquid: water or liquid
    sodium

heat-transfer liquidvoda:

out of the NP into a "green liquid",
    acquiring properties: it becomes poisonous, gets pressure (speed) and
    temperature (energy).

heat-transfer liquid sodium Likud:

out of the NP into a "green sodium",
    acquiring properties: it becomes poisonous, gets pressure (speed) and
    temperature (energy).

Separator unit.

Of heat-transfer Likud can not get the energy of the
    turbine. For this you need a separator. It is fed heat-transfer Likud (with
    acquired parameters of NP) and comes back with zero pressure and heat. On the
    other side of the water is fed into the separator and comes in the form of
    steam, with the assigned parameters of the heat-transfer liquid.