Makes me want RP to IC2 power converters!

• There was one in the past. Keyword in that last sentence is was, unfortunately Eloraam requested that the mod be taken down and so it was, she apparently has her own "plans" for blutricity.

EDIT: Although that is RP2 to MJ I believe, so it could be possible we may see something like this in the near future

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I've never understood the protective nature modders take with modding of their, uhh, modding.

I feel like it is a situation of dual-standing with modders happy to tweak/change gameplay dynamics but not wanting their own gameplay dynamics tweaked.

Not a criticism mind, purely a curious observation - although I guess that Minecraft expressly stating that their gameplay can be tweaked doesn't equal the modders taking the same stance.

• There was. Elo had it shot down on the premise that "I have plans for it".
    But now apparently we may have to wait for her to decide that "IC2 is fun" (which it obviously is, BLOWING SHIT UP WITH NUKES FTW) then we may be able to get a RP-IC crossover.

• I seen these afew months ago on Direwolf20's SMP play, I really like them.
    The only down side is they eat string like mad!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I seen these afew months ago on Direwolf20's SMP play, I really like them.
    The only down side is they eat string like mad!

Makes me want to try and get Sengir to implement Flax Farms into Vanilla Forestry... Either that or get a wool farm and wool card and go nuts.

• Well I'm not sure if its raw string or wool made out of string.
    I just remember Elo saying that flax is now really important.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I'm fairly sure it's string.
    [St][St][ ]
    [St][St][ ]
    [St][St][ ]
    St= String
    Makes fabric used in the construction of the windmill 'blades.' I believe that's how it goes.

Edit: Fixed because of forum post formatting... stupid strikethroughs....

Edit2: I think you can recolor the fabric at this stage.

• Windmills? Seriously? Inb4 FlowerChild gets really pissed off again.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I think Elo's had the windmill idea for a long time (before FC, I believe), but she lacked the coding skill at the time to properly implement them.

• and when she didn't used his code he can't do anything.
    Also if she provides an api for blue electric to get & deploy energy
    then i bed it will only one week for the first crossover mode to come out

I think the main reason the mod mentioned before was "killed" is the fact that he used source code from RP2 directly.

• True. Its not like the idea of the windmill is FlowerChild's, he can't own the windmill, he just owns the code.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• and when she didn't used his code he can't do anything.
    Also if she provides an api for blue electric to get & deploy energy
    then i bed it will only one week for the first crossover mode to come out

I think the main reason the mod mentioned before was "killed" is the fact that he used source code from RP2 directly.

Yeah, I think that was the main reason that that mod was killed. If he had asked Elo's permission and used reflection (I think that's what it's called), I think she'd be okay with it, however I could be wrong.

• Yeah, I think that was the main reason that that mod was killed. If he had asked Elo's permission and used reflection (I think that's what it's called), I think she'd be okay with it, however I could be wrong.

Yeah, reflection's a powerful tool, but I thought the reason that Eloraam didn't want it was for it interfering with her future blutricity plans rather than its use of her code.

• Technically they'll sort of exist with the 1.4.5 release

aka: With a RP2 BC engine and one of the BC <--> IC2 converters one could achieve blutricity to EU conversion in a one way fashion.

• Technically they'll sort of exist with the 1.4.5 release

aka: With a RP2 BC engine and one of the BC <--> IC2 converters one could achieve blutricity to EU conversion in a one way fashion.

Granted. But that way's a bit of a roundabout method requiring two blocks to be used. Most people want it all in one, which is something I can't understand as each player has an essentially "infinite" world to play with, but I guess it's the achievement of a compact setup that attracts people to it. -shrugs-

• Windmills? Seriously? Inb4 FlowerChild gets really pissed off again.

Who the hell cares, it's not like he's got that much of a following anymore...

I believe the conversion of Blutricity to EU will involve something akin to Ohm's Law for electrical Power. She said something about "doing it right" and her background in electrical engineering. Can't wait to see what she comes up with...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Granted. But that way's a bit of a roundabout method requiring two blocks to be used. Most people want it all in one, which is something I can't understand as each player has an essentially "infinite" world to play with, but I guess it's the achievement of a compact setup that attracts people to it. -shrugs-

Me neither. I'm perfectly happy to have 3-4 power systems on a given map. Adds to the fun of the thing.
    Lemme see here, there's Railcraft for BC power, IC2's power system, Factorization's power and Redpower2 (likely in the form of a giant solar array and a battery charging via ender chest mechanism)

• Me neither. I'm perfectly happy to have 3-4 power systems on a given map. Adds to the fun of the thing.

Totally agree, that's why I like conversion systems that aren't as effective as native ones. I like having the flexibility to crossover (handy when resources for one type of system are scarce) but it shouldn't always be the best choice. I've not played with Factorization's power either, but it looks pretty neat too with the mirror arrangement.