Minecraft 1.5

• At last sunday, the Minecon ended.
    From the Minecon, manyinformations about the next update, the "redstone update"/"AntiModUpdate" came. Much of the features will force lots of changes in IC2, too.
    But I will start with the features:
    -Many changes, maybe even a rework, of redstone. From example, the strength of the signal will be a factor for things[...].
    -Capacitor
    A new block, that makes an pulse when a rs-signal with a cinfigurable strength gets in.
    Kind of transport block(Allocator, translocator)
    Will move things from container to container and maybe from ground to container.
    Weigth pressure plate(Also as rail)
    Will depend on what is going over it when giving an signal.
    -Light Sensor
    -New Nether Ore
    Will be required for crafting the new RS-Devices.
    -Railcraft killing
    There will be several features for killing railcraft. Trains, item from cart to chest things and more.
    -New rendering
    More FFP's, less light bugs and so on.

Also, there are lots of new Maybe Features, like the modding api(which was first maybed in the beta 1.8!!)
    No Moding Api[...]
    First paper then tool-entchantings
    Fireworks
    New PvP system

The update might come january 2013

• Congratulations Mojang, you just made releasing Shrine Runner even later... I was planing on releasing it either late January-early Feburary at the latest. This just sent my plans back even further.

• Official Post

Kind of transport block(Allocator, translocator)

Oh, no I'm so scared. My Translocators will be useless (unless that Stuff gets powered with Redstone)

Weigth pressure plate(Also as rail)

Nice.

-Light Sensor

Dont we already have such? Well, maybe its smaller than a 3x3x5-Block.

-Railcraft killing
    There will be several features for killing railcraft. Trains, item from cart to chest things and more.

I doubt it will kill Railcraft, if its made by Mojang. And theres still Steam.

Also, there are lots of new Maybe Features, like the modding api(which was first maybed in the beta 1.8!!)
    No Modding Api[...]

Can you decide for a possibility? Even though we all know its not happening.

First paper then tool-entchantings

I guess you enchant Scrolls(TM) and Anvil them together with a Tool, right?

Fireworks

TNT? Anyone?

The update might come january 2013

Yay, no crappy update during holidays!

• Hey, the spawn eggs are helpful for adventure maps, much more reliable then spawners (if you can get infinite of them). but now that i think about it, overall it was a small update (but better then 1.2.3-1.2.4-1.2.5 that came without any of the snapshot items X( )

• I'm pretty certain that the modding API was confirmed to not be in 1.5

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• anyone want to guess when the Modding API will be released? im guessing between 1.8-2.0

• anyone want to guess when the Modding API will be released? im guessing between 1.8-2.0

Pick a random number between 1 and 10, now throw that number away and keep telling the public that the API will be released next version. You are now thinking like Mojang.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Pick a random number between 1 and 10, now throw that number away and keep telling the public that the API will be released next version. You are now thinking like Mojang.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't release information on a aspect of a game/ full game before you start working on it *cough* smash bros 4 *cough*

• First they need to put it into the game, and then they need to get it in a releasable state. Currently the Minecraft code architecture is a big pile of mess that just randomly happens to work from time to time (aka release) and I do not expect this to change very soon, as the same people who created the mess are still working on it and consider it decent. So no need to rush anything just because they announced something.

This is btw. one of the reasons I do not expect any modding API this century, at least none that is even remotely acceptable, however I wouldn't mind if they'd surprise me.

• The mod API can be considered the biggest vaporware in Minecraft history.

If Mojang keeps it up for much longer, they might even rival Valve releasing anything with a 3 in its title

• Pick a random number between 1 and 10, now throw that number away and keep telling the public that the API will be released next version. You are now thinking like Mojang.

you mean function math.rndm(var)
    //totally random
    return(5);

like the loot in the mobspawners =D

• If Mojang keeps it up for much longer, they might even rival Valve releasing anything with a 3 in its title

Or maybe it will be like Duke Nukem Forever, 10-15 years in development, then finally released, but when its released its a piece of shit compared to the alternatives in the market.

Edit: Also nothing to do (Directly) With IC2, so wrong forum for this (I had to, i haven't been bitching in here for days)