Industrial potions

"salty sweat" wich makes you immune to electric damage

I'm not an electrical engineer, but I don't think that's how impurities in water work. Indeed, you may be thinking "makes you extra susceptible to electric damage", which sounds much more reasonable, if exceptionally useless.

• 'Scuse me, but doesnt Salty Water ACTUALLY conduct water better than regular water?

So, in the form a chem grenade, this could make players more suceptible to eletric attacks?

One awesome thing to think: ACID GRENADES!

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• How does WATER conduct WATER!?!

How do lapotron crystals store pressure? These are the mysteries of the world.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm not an electrical engineer, but I don't think that's how impurities in water work. Indeed, you may be thinking "makes you extra susceptible to electric damage", which sounds much more reasonable, if exceptionally useless.

I did actually make a mistake by saying immune...it should say less susceptible to electric damage...so instead of instant kill it can damage your for let's say 5 hearts.
    I happen to be an electrical engineer(undergraduate) ... having a nice conductive layer of sweat covering your body can actualy save your life in case of an accident ... when you're nice and clean the current flows through you and stops your heart, killing you.
    When you're covered in any sort of conductive layer the current passes over your skin causing you minor burns but you almost every time survive.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Kudos for this thread. I like this a lot :D you could bottle them in tin (soda) cans using the canning machine. Effects could vary.
    I'd like to see a jumping potion made with a crapton of sugar (capable of making you leap over fences or even two blocks) eventually upgraded with coffee if you think sugar is too common.
    Another one could include a push effect (i'm totally not a programmer, but i think hope it is possible to bind a knockback effect to a person rather than to an item)
    Or the industrial version of a regen potion, based on UU-matter! if :Matter: can become anything, it can become steve!

Cheers!

• Kudos for this thread. I like this a lot :D you could bottle them in tin (soda) cans using the canning machine. Effects could vary.
    I'd like to see a jumping potion made with a crapton of sugar (capable of making you leap over fences or even two blocks) eventually upgraded with coffee if you think sugar is too common.
    Another one could include a push effect (i'm totally not a programmer, but i think hope it is possible to bind a knockback effect to a person rather than to an item)
    Or the industrial version of a regen potion, based on UU-matter! if :Matter: can become anything, it can become steve!

Cheers!

That drink (sugar concentrate) would give you "Diabeetus" :D

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• I did actually make a mistake by saying immune...it should say less susceptible to electric damage...so instead of instant kill it can damage your for let's say 5 hearts.
    I happen to be an electrical engineer(undergraduate) ... having a nice conductive layer of sweat covering your body can actualy save your life in case of an accident ... when you're nice and clean the current flows through you and stops your heart, killing you.
    When you're covered in any sort of conductive layer the current passes over your skin causing you minor burns but you almost every time survive.

Ah... so basically, you mean to tell me I need to stop being so lazy at work... lol

OT: I thought booze and coffee already covered this?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Ah... so basically, you mean to tell me I need to stop being so lazy at work... lol

OT: I thought booze and coffee already covered this?

Well, Booze is a bit unrewarding, with buffs lasting like 10 seconds, and it basically its only useful for joking around. Chemicals would allow a high variety of effects, from helping with weapons (industrium) to traps, e.t.c. Coffe is the same, it only gives you speed for a couple seconds...

• Well, Booze is a bit unrewarding, with buffs lasting like 10 seconds, and it basically its only useful for joking around. Chemicals would allow a high variety of effects, from helping with weapons (industrium) to traps, e.t.c. Coffe is the same, it only gives you speed for a couple seconds...

Yep, I agree. Mining Speed for 0:05 is a bit pointless ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• i dont know... would this be too hard to code? i would like to hear something from someone with coding experience.

Greg, a IC coder or even Alba, would this be posssible?

• I want an experimental system where just knowing which ingredients to add won't necessarily give you what you want, and whatever you make won't be immediately named for your convenience.

Say you want to make a poison, so you add a rotten eye and some soul sand, but instead of poison you got something that makes you hungry for brains (or whatever) when you try it. Later you find you need a mixture of 7% rotten eye and 75% soul sand to make a powerful poison. But the beauty of it would be the lack of a name, so you could then go to the Anvil and name it "Health Potion II".

And it'd have to be dye-able as well, perhaps with the addition of industrial-strength coloring agents. Also it would be neat if you could add solidifying agents to the chemical mixtures to turn them into solid capsules or pills, so you could carry a full stack (or bottle) of them in compact form.

*suggests implementing diabetes so people have to take insulin if all they do is eat sugary food like pumpkin pie and cake.

I smell an IC2 addon coming. (I can't tell you how much I'd like to do this, but I am only a beginner with java and I don't think I could tackle it without months of investment).

• i would love that. For example, poisons are useless unless in splash form, noone is gonna drink a bottle that says "Poison" (tough it sound impossible to code)

About the diabetes.... just no. Sorry, but then we add social, toilet, confort and we'll have MineSim. Hunger is one thing that many people dont like. Thirst is avaliable trough mods, and some people use it. But, diabetes...