This mod draws an on-screen HUD that enables you to view armor item durability outside of the player inventory screen. The HUD can be positioned next to the hotbar on either side, or in any corner. Most HUD settings can be altered using the auto-generated config file.
Initially, this was created to view only the IC2 jetpack charge level, but has since been improved to support all armor items, with additional effects added for IC2 armor items. If IC2 is detected, the mod will flash a charging icon over IC2 armor items when being charged (most commonly from solar hats). A flashing red X will flash over armor items when durability drops below %13, and will remain solid when depleted.
Appearance of HUD in latest version.
Available configuration options include:
- The HUD can be positioned in 6 different locations.
- The colored background can be disabled.
- You can choose to restrict non-electric armor types from displaying in the HUD.
- Low power and charging effects can be disabled.
- Individual armor slots can be disabled.
[UPDATE 6/02/17] - v3.3
- Automatically move out of the way of the offhand slot if it's there
- Add support for items that use Forge Energy
[UPDATE 9/17/16] - v3.2
- Unofficially ported to MC 1.10.x.
[UPDATE 4/8/16] - v3.1
- Unofficially ported to MC 1.8.9.
- Configuration can now be done in game via Forge's in game Config GUI
[UPDATE 8/29/14] - v3.0
- Ported to MC 1.7.10.
[UPDATE 5/04/14] - v3.0
- Ported to MC 1.7.2.
[UPDATE 7/03] - v2.83
- Fixed blending issue when armor items used glint effect.
- Ported to MC 1.6+.
[UPDATE 5/26] - v2.82
- Armor icon rendering now supports multi-pass texturing and status effects.
[UPDATE 5/15] - v2.81
- Charging status effects now override low power status on armor pieces (the way it was intended)
[UPDATE 5/10] - v2.8
- Updated to reflect API folder structure changes in IC2 build 1.115.300+
- Using Forge runtime deobfuscation for compatibility with MC 1.5+
[UPDATE 3/26] - v2.7
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.1
[UPDATE 3/10] - v2.6
- HUD background tweaked to stand out less
- Low power and charging indicators now fade in and out
- Charging indicator now turns health bar and background yellow
- Charge level bar tweaked to work 100%; charging indicator may not initialize with all addons
[UPDATE 2/18] - v2.5
- HUD can now be moved between six different locations, with auto-orientation
- HUD background is configurable to colorize based on armor health (on by default)
- Electric armor charge level now utilizes EU for more precise metering
[UPDATE 2/17] - v2.4
- A lot of code rewritten and improved
- New color-configurable HUD background
- Shows a lightning bolt when item is charging (usually from solar helmet/solar hats)
- Now supports damageable non-electric armor types (leather armor, etc)
- Many new configuration options added to personalize the HUD
[UPDATE 1/3] - v2.3
- Fixed GL bug where alpha transparency on 'X' would flicker black
[UPDATE 12/22] - v2.2
- Updated for Minecraft 1.4.6
[UPDATE 12/9] - v2.1
- Changed name to eliminate confusion
- Added configuration file with option to enable HUD for other electric chest armor items
- Fixed GL bug where contending overlays could affect the appearance of the HUD
LICENSE & SOURCE CODE:
There is no license, and it's completely open source. Source code is bundled with every zip file.
There are no restrictions on modification or redistribution.