Quantum/Nano Tools

• =One day I was teaching my friend how to use Industrial-Craft when we got to Quantum Armor, here is our chat: (i am gabrieljw1)

And so i came here, im a bit late though, but just in time for the IC2 1.4.6 update. My idea is that you have Nano (nano saber can be the nano sword) and Quantum tools, you craft a "Tool Charging Station" to charge them, and BAM! here are my recipes:

===CHAT===

===Recipes===

• The problem with quantum tools is we already have the electric tools that are incredibly amazingly good -- there's not much room to improve on that. On the other hand, it would be more in the "spirit" of quantum stuff to have extra behaviour for quantum tools, maybe something like the Thaumcraft 2 special magic tools. Anyone have any thoughts on what extra behaviours we might have on, say, a quantum pickaxe? Shovel? Or should they be higher-tier versions of the chainsaw/drill, like we have a few addons for already?

So many options, so few of them actually worth the development time ^^

• Quantum tiols that dig intelligent would be better; just place a quantum chest(Chest out of iridium plates, endless) and a quantum tool, then the desert is automatically digged out by quantumshovel!

Is it a joke ? Currently, it's called "Quarry" or "Miner" ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I think they should be an upgraded version of the electric tools, but with special abilities like you said. So I have some ideas on what
    the special abilities should be.

===Answer to narc===

But, Don't you want industrialcraft to be even a little unique not ALL in real life. Also, its minecraft anything can happen :D. If you dont accept this i may try to learn java (is that the code to make mods? because it is .class files) and make an addon do industrialcraft for the users who want it

• I believe that at one point there were plans for infinite use iridium tools, not exactly quantum, but close to it.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hmm iridium tools...

Iridium is incredibly heavy, so any hand tools you would make would be unwieldy and slow. However, iridium is damn near indestructible, at least in IC2 terms. Sooo.... Heavy Iridium tools with 8,000+ uses, speed of stone tools?

If you're making a pickaxe, why does it need a lapotron crystal? Does it use power to glow or something stupid like that? Or maybe it generates resonant frequencies to shatter stone?

I can't imagine wasting my iridium on a basic tool that isn't [close to] indestructible.

• i would like it, but that's basically covered by drills and chainsaws... Indestructible (chargeable) and rather fast....

Maybe the tools would have special bonus. Like the Pickaxe, when you right click, removes 3X3 blocks in front of you, or the sword, upon right clicking, would activate a effect in which, the less health the wearer posses, the more damage it does.

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• i would like it, but that's basically covered by drills and chainsaws... Indestructible (chargeable) and rather fast....

Maybe the tools would have special bonus. Like the Pickaxe, when you right click, removes 3X3 blocks in front of you, or the sword, upon right clicking, would activate a effect in which, the less health the wearer posses, the more damage it does.

I don't like the sound of it. It would cheapen the IC2 experience. Might as well make iridium and depleted uranium into bullets and shoot them out of a Laze-O-Tron 5000.

• Well, I guess it would cheapen the ic2 experience... But it would be cool to have special iridium tools that could do special things, I just wanted a faster way to mine.

• Faster ways to mine? May I introduce RP2 tunnel bores and CC turtles? How about the ever popular IC2 miners? The smallest working fully self sustaining tunnel bore is around 3x3x5 or something really small like that. Then just make the drill head as big as you want until you hit the limit for the amount of power your enderstorage charging system can send in 1 pulse of the redstone, or until the bore hits 1k blocks.The only diamonds required are for the handsaw and drawplate, which are needed for crafting items used in assembling tunnel bore, not maintaining it.

• Nano-Drill - Stores 500,000EU ( :Coal Chunk: = Carbon Fiber Plate)

- :Coal Chunk: -

:Coal Chunk: :Tesla Coil: :Coal Chunk:

:Advanced Circuit: :MFE-Transmitter: :Advanced Circuit:

This amazing piece of technology mines the earth even faster than the D-765 Diamond Drill by using a low level energy field to slice through stone like butter! It can mine over 2000 blocks before recharging, and can draw additional energy from your lappack! HAYO!

And that's not all! The energy field can be adjusted to carefully extract ores and other materials, mimicking the abilities of the Silk Touch enchantment! AMAZING! You can swap between normal and silk touch modes just like the mining laser. The silk touch mode is a bit slower, about the speed of a standard iron pick.

Quantum Drill - Stores 3,000,000 EU ( :Mining Drill: = Nano-Drill, :Industrial Diamond: = Lapotron Crystal, :Teleporter: = Teleporter, :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: = Reactor Heat Vent )

:Iridium: :Mining Drill: :Iridium:

:Iridium: :Teleporter: :Iridium:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Industrial Diamond: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

Similar to the Nano-Drill, but faster, stores enough energy to break 5000 blocks before recharging. Has 'fortune III', 'autosmelting', transmission and excavation modes in addition to the silk touch mode of the nano-drill. 'Excavation' mode digs out a 3x3 area of blocks in front of you. Transmission mode can link (right click) to a personal safe and place all items mined directly into the personal safe, no matter how far away it is! Obviously the additional modes would have a higher energy cost per use.

• IMHO, too overpowered, would basically make the Induction Furnace obsolete. It sounds like a Red Morningstar.

• IMHO, too overpowered, would basically make the Induction Furnace obsolete. It sounds like a Red Morningstar.

Yayp. And already suggested many times ... at least, think to something new! ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

No more overpowered than the quantum armor really. And comparing it to the Red Morningstar is laughable. It could 'mine' out a 10x10x10+ area with a click.

• Check out my mod Advanced Technologies and more+!
    It adds an advanced drill that digs a 3x3 hole
    and a chainsaw that chops down entire trees(works in smp too :D)
    It's in the pending addons section