~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• My artist is currently working on a custom model for the armor, but that's going to be a challenge to implement and I don't have as much time now that school is picking up. Besides, more options is always better! Feel free to post them.

As for bugs, please post them to github.

Well that'll be pretty sweet if you can get it to not conflict with everything
    And sorry didn't read the entire first post =_=

• the creator of creeper collaterale said that it would be impossible to make the explosion for the glove not be controlled by the mod becouse the mod do set an universal drop rate, but he also did say this:
    This isn't possible currently. Creeper Collateral accomplishes the goal by changing the properties of explosions globally. I'll see if I can't make a new unique explosion that is just tied to the creeper, that way no other source of explosions would be changed.

so it is a possibility for better compability so it dosent change your drop rate :)

• You could just disable terrain damage from creepers (there's even a vanilla setting for this now, i think) so you won't need to mess with explosion drop rates.

• i realy hope that a new config option will be addet, a config option that would let the amount of energy increase more then the amount of speed or power the armour or tool get, i mean it could be as simple as two configs where one of them is how many of the last % will be affected and the other could be how much energy that would be in the last %, an example could be that i would have 50% of all energy cost in the last 20% so if somebody wanted to get their speed or tool to that level it would cost MUCH more (i would have increased the max speed and so on)
    another way to do it could be to make it grow faster and faster, but i think that would be more complex and harder to use. I would like to make the tool have a big explosion on max, but then i would need to make it so to get the most powerfull amount i would need 100% more energy suddently, i dont know if anywone else want this but i think it could be cool. i hope you understood what i tried to say.
    sorry for my grammar i am norwegian.

• You could just disable terrain damage from creepers (there's even a vanilla setting for this now, i think) so you won't need to mess with explosion drop rates.

i know that put i wont be a pussy, i want them to break blocks! and the people on the server i am setting up dont like creeeprs so i installed that mod so it dropped 100% of its items.

• If you're adding a apiarist suit armor upgrade, you should also add a scoop upgrade for the multitool. I found out the hard way that one can't use the pickaxe mode on the multitool to gather bees from their hives.
    In addition, I might as well request a integrated mining laser. It's one of the things which can gather bees oddly enough, as can the Dig spell from Ars Magicka.

Oh, and that reminds me, if it's at all possible(not sure if there is a API or method for it), I think some magic defenses for the suit would be nice if one is using Ars Magicka.

That being said, I managed to make a suit and multitool with GregTech recently. It's just basic plating, a pickaxe, the diamond upgrade, and the power fist upgrade, though. Well, and colorizers to make it orange.

Though the armor seems a bit bugged. I have full protection level on my basic plating(all four of them), I'm super slow(I don't even bother sprinting because it's not faster), but I only get 3.5 armor from it all. Tested with version 0.20-45(which is what the server I'm on is using). Anyway, going to try with the latest build to see if it's working as intended there.

EDIT: Seems to be. I had four max size basic armor plates and had a full bar of armor. Could barely move, though.
    Also, it looks like the Invisibility upgrade works in SSP, but oddly. I was able to use it, and turn invisible, but when I turned it off, it didn't go away. As in, my armor was there, but I wasn't(I had the invisibility upgrade linked to my suit vanishing upgrades). Other then that, it was very cool. I also tested the mode switching, and it's somewhat confusing to switch tools and try to remember what tool is what by icon alone some times. Might I suggest making the active tool show in the name of the tool? That way when you switch tools, it will show you what tool you have active under your hotbar for a bit.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

Edited once, last by YX33A ().

• Also: New art for teh current armor
    I'll just leave it here :)

I absolutely love these. Just put them in my personal texture pack until Muse gets around to doing that custom rendering which I'm sure will be amazing.

Though the armor seems a bit bugged. I have full protection level on my basic plating(all four of them), I'm super slow(I don't even bother sprinting because it's not faster), but I only get 3.5 armor from it all. Tested with version 0.20-45(which is what the server I'm on is using). Anyway, going to try with the latest build to see if it's working as intended there.

EDIT: Seems to be. I had four max size basic armor plates and had a full bar of armor. Could barely move, though.

The speed is determined by your weight and is intended (basic plating is mega heavy)! Get yourself 4 servo motors and install the Sprint Assist module (legs); it's got walk speed compensation for heavy armor as well. Max that out and you're walking fine again.
    Later, get yourself some titanium for advanced plating, then you can have the same level of protection but walk even faster. It's a great balance point in my opinion.

Edit: (again)

As what YX33A said, I'm also getting some problems with modules that add potion effects. Previously, toggling night vision instantly cancelled the effect, but now it lingers for the remainder of it's duration when cancelled. Still no sparkles though, so good news. I hate the potion sparkles ;)

Edit: (4?!)
    The potioneffect actually DOESN'T dissapate at 0:00 but instead gives a seizure-worthy flashing until I relog ._.

• ok, potion effects should be fixed along with a few other SSP issues, and I added joe's armor model as a cosmetic option on each of the pieces :)

Still can't figure out that damn netserverhandler crash though...

• ive been messing around for awhile now with modular powersuits now but a few problems
    .NEI does not show the recipes
    .could please add an option to make modules more expansive

• ive been messing around for awhile now with modular powersuits now but a few problems

Yes it does

.could please add an option to make modules more expansive

There have been a few requests to make a fatter model but it is not a priority right now
    ---

I would LOVE to make the current version the new recommended one (so modpacks start updating etc), but I can't until I (or someone else) figures out that netserverhandler crash.

• Quoted from "chaoschamp"
    ive been messing around for awhile now with modular powersuits now but a few problems

Yes it does

This

I would LOVE to make the current version the new recommended one (so modpacks start updating etc), but I can't until I (or someone else) figures out that netserverhandler crash.

I'd like to help but don't know anything about programming in Java so dunno how useful I can be.

Also glad you guys like the armor :D

Made a change to one pixel on the armor legs. It was annoying me for some reason.

• Thanks for the quick fixes as always. I check your jenkins a few times a day when I'm playing to stay up to date, and try to use the mod in a survival environment to check to see if any bugs crop up.

Unofficial bugtester is me? ;)

• i used build 131, i found a weird and enoying bug, when i had the helm on and i was in the dark every mob was dark, but everything else was normal (nightvision module) also the lightning from my thaumcraft wand looked black and ugly, taking off the helmet fixed the render problem, also another bug is that if you get a player moved wrongly you get a memory leak that will crash the game.

• Okay so I've been playing with Gregtech even farther now and I've gotten to Iridium level. I'd like to suggest some balance tweaks to my previous recipe suggestions (playtesting is always the best idea).
    The only change is regarding the Force Field Emitter. Instead of requiring 4 Iridium plates per, replace those with Tungstensteel Ingots. (Original reason for the plates was structural stability and tungstensteel is tough stuff, but it wasn't available at the time)

Two reasons for changing them:
    Maybe the recipe is a little TOO hard.. I know they shouldn't be a cakewalk, but 128+ iridium ore per jetpack is a little.. much...
    It gives tungstensteel more uses, which also inadvertently gives the Vacuum freezer more uses. It doesn't change the tier flying is in, since you need the infastructure to even build a vacuum freezer in the first place(2500K+ blast furnace, chrome city).

Do you, and anyone reading this post using the Gregtech recipes, agree? I think it would be a nice tweak.
    Trust me fellow hardmode players, I've not gone soft on you yet :p

• Lol just noticed the recipe for it. Dayum. Not quite to that tech level in GT yet but that does seem a little... much, and changing it makes sense from a balance perspective. Also maybe the gregtech recipe for the advanced plating should be changed to something else? cause its pretty much on the same tech level as the field emitters if it uses iridum plates and it seems you might as well just get the energy shields by the time you can craft it.

Hope things are going well with the bugfixing muse. :3

• Lol just noticed the recipe for it. Dayum. Not quite to that tech level in GT yet but that does seem a little... much, and changing it makes sense from a balance perspective. Also maybe the gregtech recipe for the advanced plating should be changed to something else? cause its pretty much on the same tech level as the field emitters if it uses iridum plates and it seems you might as well just get the energy shields by the time you can craft it.

Hope things are going well with the bugfixing muse. :3

In newer builds that you can find on the jenkins, the Advanced Plating is made of titanium and the basic is made from steel.
    http://build.technicpack.net/job/Machine-Muse-Power-Suits/

• Edit: NVM I had the wrong version in the mods folder X(

I thought of something for a module actually. What about an interdimensional transporter that can send you back and forth between the nether and overworld? Maybe it could be made to work with mystcraft too somehow. Just a thought.

• i agree, it does cost a little bit to much with so much iridium in it. tungsteel is a better solution.

• I second this. The force field emitter should not be that expensive for what it does. and it still takes a bit of iridium for the superconductors and optionally the energy control circuit, so this actually makes it later in the tech tree, but less atrociously expensive. Also, I think the MV capacitor recipe is a bit off. It requires titanium, which is in the same tier as chrome, which is required for the HV capacitor. It goes directly from refined iron to titanium, which is a bit of a large skip. I would recommend that titanium be changed to steel, to make it more viable in the mid-game.