~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• Official Post

Oh, you're using a REALLY old version of IC2.

That seems likely. I havent updated since the start of the client back in October.

EDIT: Not sure if config or not, but whenever i blink, Console states so about 10 times.

• That seems likely. I havent updated since the start of the client back in October.

EDIT: Not sure if config or not, but whenever i blink, Console states so about 10 times.

There's a config option for 'debugging info' which defaults to 'false', unless you're using an old version of MPS as well..

*wiggles* can't wait for IC2 to update so I can play with all the lovely API changes Player has been making

• Is there an advantage to taking total armor value over 20?

Yes, 20 armor value is only 80% protection (20% per item). By default it is capped at 24% per item (96% total). Also, MPS armor has a max absorption of 3 points of damage per point of armor, so a 20 armor value suit will absorb up to 60 hearts depending on the size of the explosion (because what else is going to do that much damage?)

P.S. YAYYYY IC2 has a tentative update so I can support the new api :3

aaand it's done!

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    Config to allow Sprint assist to activate using IC² Boost Key (so you can sprint by holding control, like quantum leggings).
    Module to allow IC² electric tools (including addon tools) to take energy from power armor.

• Suggestion :
    Config to allow Sprint assist to activate using IC² Boost Key (so you can sprint by holding control, like quantum leggings).

I don't think this is in the api.

Module to allow IC² electric tools (including addon tools) to take energy from power armor.

It already does this.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE NOT TAKING SUGGESTIONS, PEOPLE

• Official Post

I don't think this is in the api.

It already does this.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE NOT TAKING SUGGESTIONS, PEOPLE

Is it Tier 1 Charging? it doesnt work on my Vajra or any Advanced tool.

• Official Post

About charging IC² electric stuff, it doesn't charge addon tools. (Like vajra, gravitool, jackhammer, adv drills/chainsaw...)
    Even if there is no API for using Ctrl as boost you could implement something similar IC² config does.
    (# Enable activation of the quantum leggings' speed boost when sprinting instead of holding the boost key \ B:enableQuantumSpeedOnSprint=false).
    The config would be like : " # Enable activation of sprint assist boost when sprinting instead of holding the toggle key\ B:enableSprintAssistOnSprint=false"

• I just started tinkering with the powersuit, and found a few minor issues where it doesn't interact with other IC2 stuff properly:

• Filled tin cans are fully consumed instead of ejecting the empty tin can.
    • Power armor feet don't count as metallic, so magnetized iron fences don't propel you upwards
  • i have a suggestion for a module for all armour: blastprof, it will be protection against explosion, since i would need to set upp the max protection to about 300 or more for each peace of armour to survive a nuke with power 100 i would like to have a new type of protection that only protect you against blast (if i for example would try to get blast proof now i would need to increase protection and energy consuption, i like balance, with about 5000%.) It could be set up to take unlimited amount of blast damage, but more blast damage=more energy.
    also can you add a config option that make it possible to get the energy usage of tools to increase more and more, so if i have set the pickaxe speed to 4x it will just take 2x as much energy as 2x but 25x could take 100x more energy becouse the start on insane energy consuption could have been on 20. (i would have used this to make the multi tool and other things much more powerfull but it would cost realy big amounts of energy to use it.

• Official Post

i have a suggestion for a module for all armour: blastprof, it will be protection against explosion, since i would need to set upp the max protection to about 300 or more for each peace of armour to survive a nuke with power 100 i would like to have a new type of protection that only protect you against blast (if i for example would try to get blast proof now i would need to increase protection and energy consuption, i like balance, with about 5000%.) It could be set up to take unlimited amount of blast damage, but more blast damage=more energy.
    also can you add a config option that make it possible to get the energy usage of tools to increase more and more, so if i have set the pickaxe speed to 4x it will just take 2x as much energy as 2x but 25x could take 100x more energy becouse the start on insane energy consuption could have been on 20. (i would have used this to make the multi tool and other things much more powerfull but it would cost realy big amounts of energy to use it.

Blast proof? Energy armor and plating already does that.
    Maybe knockback reduction.