~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• Sorry to bother again, but where might I find PowerConverters for 1.5.x? I checked the official Minecraft forum thread for PowerCrystals' mod but it's for 1.4.7. Is there a 1.5.x version somewhere?

Sorry for posting here, I like IC2 forums the most though

• Official Post

Sorry to bother again, but where might I find PowerConverters for 1.5.x? I checked the official Minecraft forum thread for PowerCrystals' mod but it's for 1.4.7. Is there a 1.5.x version somewhere?

Sorry for posting here, I like IC2 forums the most though

http://build.technicpack.net/job/PowerConverters/
    Last build is compatible with 1.5.1 , although it may be buggy as it is not posted on the official page, like IC² for 1.5.1

• Official Post

I can test if the Buildcraft tools addon works on it, that has 3 Tiers of chargers.
    Nope, i will ask him for Compatibility later.

• Hi, I'm fairly new to adding mods to minecraft and was very happy to try out your mod first! I've only been using it for about a day and have no complaints that are serious, however, I did notice that I was unable to get the provided texture pack to work properly. I've uninstalled minecraft and done the whole force update/reinstall mods bit, but can't seem to get the texture pack to show. I'm using Minecraft Forge for the actual suit mod and MCpatcher for the texture (both are the current versions). I apologize if this has already been answered and I just happened to skim over it while reading the posts and FAQ, but would really appreciate some advice one how to fix it. :)

• Hi, I'm fairly new to adding mods to minecraft and was very happy to try out your mod first! I've only been using it for about a day and have no complaints that are serious, however, I did notice that I was unable to get the provided texture pack to work properly. I've uninstalled minecraft and done the whole force update/reinstall mods bit, but can't seem to get the texture pack to show. I'm using Minecraft Forge for the actual suit mod and MCpatcher for the texture (both are the current versions). I apologize if this has already been answered and I just happened to skim over it while reading the posts and FAQ, but would really appreciate some advice one how to fix it. :)

What texture pack? There is no texture pack...

• You should add animations. Like if you're going sideways with a jetpack on, it makes sense that your body would be horizontal, sort of like diving in the smart moving mod. I'm not sure how hard it is to code though xD

• Oh ok, thank you for the information! :) I was just feeling a little left out after seeing videos with players using the cooler looking texture while I got the leather armor look :P

• Official Post

Oh ok, thank you for the information! :) I was just feeling a little left out after seeing videos with players using the cooler looking texture while I got the leather armor look :P

You mean the Awesome Models? Those arent Texture pack :P

• You mean the Awesome Models? Those arent Texture pack :P

oh yeah you probably just need to update forge or uninstall renderplayerapi

Version 0.6.0-422 is now recommended!
    New features:
    -'Lux capacitor': mentioned before, now fairly polished. A light source which can be fired from a distance to light up an area
    -Binoculars: Zoom capability!
    -Apiarist's armor, grafter & Omniwrench c/o Andrew2448
    -High-end modules and lava-diving now produce heat, which can be mitigated with a cooling system and heat sinks.

New dependencies:
    -Forge 651 (but really you should just grab the latest)
    -if you use ic2, you will need ic2 build 304-lf (NOTE: THIS IS A PRETTY NEW VERSION)

a LOT of bugs have been fixed, so this is a highly recommended update. A few off the top of my head:
    -icons not displaying in keybind menu
    -thaumic goggles HUD now works again

• Even better info! Thank you both! Now I just have to figure out why the addons mod is making my game crash before it even loads the main menu :huh:

• I grabbed the update and decided to try all the new cool things.
    Noticed that my suit looked pretty lame(but I didn't really care) and then noticed that there were several new toys. Tried firing the buzzsaw thing, thought it was pretty nice, tried the plasma weapon again and noted a red bar went up a bit. Tried using the rail gun, managed to fire two shots(at max power, like every other thing I could configure) and noticed | was on fire and the bar was way above the top.
    Death message was just some debug print.(as in didn't say "YX33A got baked/roasted/cooked" or "YX33A forgot to fix the fire detector" when I died but instead said something like "user.heatdeath")

TIL(or rather yesterday) that rail guns get hot if you fire them too fast. And it is likely that today I'll learn about the air sealed upgrade and what it does, which I would guess is for MystCraft travel safety? Because it doesn't work with Galactic Craft which has lead to many people dieing in space trying to figure out why they can't connect their air tanks to the suit.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• I grabbed the update and decided to try all the new cool things.
    Noticed that my suit looked pretty lame(but I didn't really care) and then noticed that there were several new toys. Tried firing the buzzsaw thing, thought it was pretty nice, tried the plasma weapon again and noted a red bar went up a bit. Tried using the rail gun, managed to fire two shots(at max power, like every other thing I could configure) and noticed | was on fire and the bar was way above the top.
    Death message was just some debug print.(as in didn't say "YX33A got baked/roasted/cooked" or "YX33A forgot to fix the fire detector" when I died but instead said something like "user.heatdeath")

TIL(or rather yesterday) that rail guns get hot if you fire them too fast. And it is likely that today I'll learn about the air sealed upgrade and what it does, which I would guess is for MystCraft travel safety? Because it doesn't work with Galactic Craft which has lead to many people dieing in space trying to figure out why they can't connect their air tanks to the suit.

it's supposed to be for galacticraft. If it doesn't work, bug micdoodle I guess? :P the api changed a bit once, so make sure you have the latest/dev versions of both...

• it's supposed to be for galacticraft. If it doesn't work, bug micdoodle I guess? :P the api changed a bit once, so make sure you have the latest/dev versions of both...

Doesn't really bug me if it doesn't work(the air sealing thingy I mean) because I haven't built a spaceship yet(nor will I get a chance to soon what with the challenge I'm getting ready to do), and I enjoy hearing about all the people who it didn't work for and silently laughing my ass off.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Hi MachineMuse,

I am adding your powersuits to my texture packs. Firstly, this is a great mod. Your conception and execution is amazing. Thank you for all your hard work. ... to business ...

To save recreating something that is already existing. Has anyone made or is making a 32-bit version of the Joe armour. I will make a faithful version if necessary but I am as lazy as I can be, if it exists, why remake it. I have searched and it appears as if there is not but I decided I would ask the source.

• Hi MachineMuse,

I am adding your powersuits to my texture packs. Firstly, this is a great mod. Your conception and execution is amazing. Thank you for all your hard work. ... to business ...

To save recreating something that is already existing. Has anyone made or is making a 32-bit version of the Joe armour. I will make a faithful version if necessary but I am as lazy as I can be, if it exists, why remake it. I have searched and it appears as if there is not but I decided I would ask the source.

Joe himself made a 32x texture but he explicitly said he doesn't want it to be included in a texture pack (not sure if that was all texture packs or just the one in question)