Suggestion: Cable Facades

• My one and only suggestion would be to implement Cable Facades for IC2 Power cables, specifically the Glass Fibre Cable.

I'm honestly not sure how difficult something like that would be, but It would be a welcome addition to the mod I believe as hiding all your IC2 (especially later on in game) can become difficult.

• My one and only suggestion would be to implement Cable Facades for IC2 Power cables, specifically the Glass Fibre Cable.

I'm honestly not sure how difficult something like that would be, but It would be a welcome addition to the mod I believe as hiding all your IC2 (especially later on in game) can become difficult.

This has been suggested multiple times already, under the guise of either RP2 covers/BC facades.
    You can hide IC2 wiring with Construction Foam and you can insta-solidify it with a certain powdery, yellowish and dry substance.
    There is also a mod named Immibis' Microblocks that adds microblocks which can cover BC, TE and IC2 stuff. However, it is kind of buggy at the moment (by the looks of the recent posts in Immibis' thread.)

• Construction foam doesn't work. The wire and CF disappears and I have to restart to be able to destroy it and replace the wire.

• Official Post

Likely to be CF bug.

It is.
    @OP : If IC² will ever have a way to hide its wires it has to be coded by IC² devs on its own, this means they won't use facades/covers or anything else from other mod.
    I really would like if IC² had something (rather than CF) to hide wires, as people might make "hidden" bases and wouldn't like to expose their wires.

• It is.
    @OP : If IC² will ever have a way to hide its wires it has to be coded by IC² devs on its own, this means they won't use facades/covers or anything else from other mod.
    I really would like if IC² had something (rather than CF) to hide wires, as people might make "hidden" bases and wouldn't like to expose their wires.

Unless someone writes mod that manages microblocks and everyone will use its API. I think its not impossible, but no one will ever do it.

• Official Post

Very nice idea !

I hope it will be implemented

Doubt it will, and hey, CF is sexy and you can always hide Cables... UNDER THE FLOOR!!!!

• Official Post

I never had problems with CF or wanted Cable Facades.

Would be nice but i doubt it will ever happen.
    wait...
    CF FACADES? ;OOOOO

• Rather than implementing facades, would it be possible to make cables compatible with BC facades?

Yes, it would be possible to do BUT you would need to install BC core and it would just be a massive headache and the cables would most likely need to be rewritten at which point you may as will just code them your self and forget trying to use BC facades.

• I can't figure out where the hell the Buildcraft API documentation is to check, but it should be a single call per cable type to tell buildcraft that the cable should accept facades.

• Yes, it would be possible to do BUT you would need to install BC core and it would just be a massive headache and the cables would most likely need to be rewritten at which point you may as will just code them your self and forget trying to use BC facades.

Then explain how Applied Energistics is able to add cables that can accept facades, but yet can run without Buildcraft.
    However, as said before, immibis' microblocks is the best solution.

• I think he meant that you'd have to install buildcraft to have the facades. I don't see that as a problem though. As for microblocks: I kinda hate the idea of them. It sucks out all the challenge of aesthetic builds if you can get around minecrafts shitty aesthetics so easily.

• Then explain how Applied Energistics is able to add cables that can accept facades, but yet can run without Buildcraft.
    However, as said before, immibis' microblocks is the best solution.

They did the same as chickenbones, you can run WRCRE without RP2 as far as i know. Its simple all you do is get permission from whoever and then you have to integrate the code from the other mod into your code which can really mess things up. A lot of these guys have other things in life like a wife/husband, kid/s, job, etc... so they don't have the time and they most likely would any more then what they are already doing because if you do something for too long you tend to get a little mad and you end up not doing your best.

• They did the same as chickenbones, you can run WRCRE without RP2 as far as i know. Its simple all you do is get permission from whoever and then you have to integrate the code from the other mod into your code which can really mess things up. A lot of these guys have other things in life like a wife/husband, kid/s, job, etc... so they don't have the time and they most likely would any more then what they are already doing because if you do something for too long you tend to get a little mad and you end up not doing your best.

You have no idea what you're talking about.