[addon v1.10] IC2 Magic Gems [MC1.4.7] [Rebooted and Rebalanced]

• Official Post

Perhaps the ores can be hidden in the nether/end? Like under lava lakes and inside the walls of nether fortresses :P

• Official Post

I think the Chaos Emeralds could work like the following:

1 Emerald makes just 1EU/t. If 2 come together it makes 2^2EU/t, 3 make then 3^3EU/t, thats already 27EU/t, but still not really worth it, now to the 4th, it makes 256EU/t. Finally a sufficient amount. But then we got the 5th: it has a whopping 5^5 = 3125EU/t! 6 Emeralds make 46656EU/t, what is almost worth a Fusion Reactor. If you have all 7 then you get 823543EU/t (16 Fusion Reactors) and are unstoppable! Muahahahaha!!!

It all only works if you put all Emeralds together ofcourse.

That seems nice, but i prefer my idea as one emerald alone is good enough (and still makes people fight over them).
    Just x2 values i've suggested and it would be good.
    Also chaos emeralds might need a special generator for them as they are gems with very strong magical energy.

Another possible fancy event is giving you super powers (like sonic does) if you have all seven chaos emeralds in your inventory, ability to fly (similar to creative), to hit stronger (Strength 4), to run faster (speed 4), to take less damage (resistance 4), immune to lava (fire resistance 4)...

Possible compatibility with GT (that greg maybe can even do now as it only depends on X item being in a chest).
    New mode for Magic energy absorber that can extract gems energy from adjacent chest at 1/2 value they would if they were inside the mystical energy extractor.

• Perhaps the ores can be hidden in the nether/end? Like under lava lakes and inside the walls of nether fortresses :P

maybe not in the walls of fortresses but i like the idea of making the ores only spawn in the nether. but maybe just 1 plasmarite gem in the center of the fortresses.

• I love the idea of Chaos Emeralds. When mined they should play the sound effect from Sonic 2 .

I think the Chaos Emeralds could work like the following:

1 Emerald makes just 1EU/t. If 2 come together it makes 2^2EU/t, 3 make then 3^3EU/t, thats already 27EU/t, but still not really worth it, now to the 4th, it makes 256EU/t. Finally a sufficient amount. But then we got the 5th: it has a whopping 5^5 = 3125EU/t! 6 Emeralds make 46656EU/t, what is almost worth a Fusion Reactor. If you have all 7 then you get 823543EU/t (16 Fusion Reactors) and are unstoppable! Muahahahaha!!!

It all only works if you put all Emeralds together ofcourse.

That is way too much energy for anyone that doesn't use GregTech to deal with. While having all 7 emeralds should yield massive amounts of power, the mod will have to add methods to deal with whatever amounts of power that vanilla IC2 can not handle. Like storage units, transformers, maybe even cables.

Overall though, the idea of this addon is very creative. I never would have thought of using magic gems to power machines. I wouldn't use the gems for storage but just for power generation with the block you add, as suggested before.

Maybe that block could have adjustable output? Kind of like the adjustable emitter from Advanced Power Managment, but with a cap based on the gems or Chaos Emeralds inserted. That way, you can get multiple packets of a smaller size, if you don't have advanced tech addons to handle the power. But can get the benefits of using larger packet sizes, if you have mods that can deal with it.

With some refinement and adding of content, this could be a really great addon. I will be watching this for sure, to see how this turns out. I for one, would love to traverse Minecraftia searching for the 7 chaos emeralds. Let us not forget though that there are really 14. Sonic 2 + Sonic and Knuckles :)

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Official Post

Don't forget the master emerald. That could be obtained by defeating the enderdragon (or hidden in the main island)

Nevertheless, i will wait for my suggestion (about the mystical generator extracting power from gems), which also makes plasmarite rareness not have to be changed.

• That could be obtained by defeating the enderdragon (or hidden in the main island)

No lol, that's enough stuff in the End, especially with GT ^^
    I'd prefer to see more in the Nether, and as I think the mod is kind of OP for now, maybe gems should be combined with Nether Stars to give you the thing that'll emit infinite energy ? So it's not affordable by luck only, neither by tech only (because you want something medieval lol), and it makes Vanilla useful ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Sonic 2 + Sonic and Knuckles

Ahhhh.. nostalgia... Back when a cartridge console meant something...

Don't forget the master emerald. That could be obtained by defeating the enderdragon (or hidden in the main island)

NEW REALMS! NEW ZONES! RINGS! GO GO GO!!!!

(no, seriously, I think there was an Green Hill texture pack floating around. Would love for there to be a Sonic theme realm mod...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

no, seriously, I think there was an Green Hill texture pack floating around. Would love for there to be a Sonic theme realm mod...

Green Hills? Pfft. Scrap Brain Zone is the way to go! The deadliest Zone in 2D-Sonic History!

And it's only 7 Emeralds in Sonic & Knuckles. The Super Emeralds are just the 7 supercharged Chaos Emeralds, which never appeared again in any Sonic Game.

• How about this... the gems only gen in the nether except for a "powerstone" that does barely anything... can store maybe 500EU when charged and pretty dull... but still reasonably rare and deep. then to unlock the properites of the other gems you have to mine them, then smelt them to get a "dull" gem which you have to mix with a nether star to create a treated gem which you have to mix with the powerstone and then smelt to create the power storage gems... except the plasmarite gem (redesigned to become the chaos emerald) which you have to mix with the dragon egg and smelt to create....

makes it VERY difficult to gain the plasmarite or Chaos Emerald... and like MatLaPatate said, sticks to the non-tech side of things and means people don't need special machines. kinda like alchemy almost XD because personally, there are tonnes of machines i never use anyway so adding more is counter-productive in my personal opinion. it is one of the main reasons that (sorry no offense intented) put me off of trying GregTech.

Also doing it this way encourages players to explore ALL 3 dimensions was think about adding an extra little surprise as a separate addon to this addon for those with Galacticraft mod and adding some special gems to the moon and such... not sure what features to add to these though... haha my desk is full of paper with large flow diagrams and mindstorms of gems and ideas might stop thinkin about new features and et this balanced first... ahh good old feature creep.

• Official Post

Power storage is pretty useless if you consider all other options =D, so i'm still up for my suggestion as i like the concept of magical generators.
    (GT provides them but they are not self sustainable in any way or very limited)
    Gems can be generated anywhere you want.
    Maybe make plasmarite only generated in nether fortress (and in the end).
    If you are intending to add chaos emeralds please somehow limit to seven of them.

• Power storage is pretty useless if you consider all other options =D, so i'm still up for my suggestion as i like the concept of magical generators.
    (GT provides them but they are not self sustainable in any way or very limited)
    Gems can be generated anywhere you want.
    Maybe make plasmarite only generated in nether fortress (and in the end).
    If you are intending to add chaos emeralds please somehow limit to seven of them.

moving towards the treatment and creation of useable gems being expensive as a means of balancing over creating a new generator... out of pure curiosity because i genuinely do not know, when you kill the ender dragon and get the dragon egg, does the dragon ever respawn? or is there only ever 1 egg?

because egg+tnt+eye of ender = primed egg. apply RS current to it to blow it up dropping 7 powders. each powder can be added to a nether emerald (that have no special properties but are mega rare) and then re-smelted and each powder creates a new chaos emerald each with a unique property... it means that if only one egg ever spawns it makes the chaos emeralds HUGELY rare. just an idea

• Official Post

Only one egg which can be used to get energy in GregTech =D .
    Enderdragon will not respawn unless you use third party stuff.
    [Although there are methods to duplicate eggs like sand, but thats cheating]

Will you keep the idea of extracting energy from gems in a generator?
    [Also nothing stops you from using endereyes to "awaken" the hidden magical powers of gems]

• Only one egg which can be used to get energy in GregTech =D .
    Enderdragon will not respawn unless you use third party stuff.
    [Although there are methods to duplicate eggs like sand, but thats cheating]

Will you keep the idea of extracting energy from gems in a generator?
    [Also nothing stops you from using endereyes to "awaken" the hidden magical powers of gems]

i like the idea of a special gem energy extractor however i prefer keeping the standard generators and storage units and the gems are magical items forged to interface with them... being so rare it would not be practical to keep them in a generator powering stuff... you would have to use them to charge the storage units then keep them in ender storage unless you want people to steal your chaos emeralds HAHA!

and yh like i said extra powers are planned, and could be unlocked with ender eyes but for the time being i am trying to avoid the mod ballooning with features especially as i am rebuilding the mod ground up to get this balancing right.

i really like the ideas being presented here... i can't remember who it was but someone on this forum (when i asked for help implementing a hook) told me to give up and start making smaller mods first... kinda got my goat a little.

• any plans on compatibility with thaumcraft? say turning shards into dull shards and back, as well as creating flux?

yes, seeing as i got the idea for this addon from using thaumcraft on my server along side IC2, i have considered compatability like turning shards into power sources etc, but it will probably be a separate module so that people can still use this IC2 addon (on its own or to enhance other magic/mystic mods) but can download a thaumcraft module... probably won't bother with flux though... going to be making the conversion extremely expensive and challenging to accomplish without adding more chance for flux creation.

• Ok, well end of this weekend i will upload the new balanced version of this, started from ground up again keeps things nice and tidy. Can somebody tell me how i host it with IC2?

also would like to say thank you to whoever gave me a 5* means a lot, its pretty daunting taking on an IC2 addon as my first mod :thumbup:

EDIT: REALLY sorry for my shoddy texturing I am an awful artist!