[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• @bove Such as?
    @boveabove Sorry, messed up the two.

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• How the fuck are any of these overpowered?

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• Official Post

How the fuck are any of these overpowered?

I can see Biogas Engines, but Combustion for fuel seems fine, and redstone engines are so patheticly weak, they are like a Single Wind mill at Y=20.

• Official Post

I can see Biogas Engines, but Combustion for fuel seems fine, and redstone engines are so patheticly weak, they are like a Single Wind mill at Y=20.

Bio engines needs biofuel production, milk got nerfed as it burns lava over time. Windmill at Y lower than 64 does not produce anything (energy gen formula restriction).

• I thought they fixed these ... we can still power anything with Redstone engines only ? With pipes and such ?

I think they made it that you can't extract power from RS engines using wooden pipes anymore.
    But how are biogas engines OP? Is it because how easy it is to get biomass?

• I said CONFIG, Greg. Like, the allmighty config file. So that people can choose the conversion rate.

The suggestion I came to post: More thaumcraft compatibility, complete with lots of magitek.

Flux generator: Now, Azanor described Flux as being ripples in the still pool of aura. Ripples=motion, motion=energy. Using the Law of Energy Conservation, that energy can't just disappear, but the aura wants it gone. Therefore, a generator could be used to reduce the flux AND make small amounts of energy from it. There will be a high loss of energy to heat. This would of course have to be researched, so it would be added once thaumcraft 3.1 is out with additional tech trees.

The magic energy converter should be able to reverse polariy, which would eat up eu to boost the Aura.

You could also add an upgrade, which makes your machines capable of using vis to accelerate the processes, at the cost of generating flux.

Any and all interactions between GregTech and Thaumcraft would, of course, have to be researched. The research tech tree is most likely THE best way to nerf things, so that the Flux generator won't get overpowered.

EDIT: And if you think that magic and SCIENCE won't go well together, well, in a world with magic, magic would be a branch of science. In fact, Thaumcraft is the most science-like mod I have ever seen, due to the research system, which simulates gathering empirical evidence, which is one of the principles of science - theories need evidence.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• No, it's just that my entire life I've been teached protons are + and electrons are - and suddenly, in physics class when we were studiying about radioactive radiation we learned that alpha radiation gives off positrons... the entire classroom was like, MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE ;(

Expect that in every college level science class for the rest of your life. The Fisher Price model of science is taught because it's easy for kids to digest...

OT: Is there any cohesive documentation on all the chemicals that GregTech adds? I'm trying to map them out against what I want to add, but I don't want item usage conflicts (for example, Cuprite is a great source of sulfur). Don't want to force users to choose between two different chemical sets...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• On the topic of radioactive decays, these are the general forms of decay:

1) cluster decay. This results in the nucleus releasing 1 or more smaller nuclei, The most common form of this is also known as Alpha decay (the smaller nucleus in this case is a helium nucleus, energy is usually about 5MeV.

2) Beta decay. This comes in two forms, Beta+ and Beta-. Beta- is this: n -> p + w-, w- -> e- + ve, Beta+ is this: p -> n + w+, w+ -> e+ + ve (where the ve should have a bar over it*). The total energy here is usually about 1 MeV, but since the neutrino is not usually detected, the energy of the beta particle (the e- or e+) ranges from 0-1MeV.

n is Neutron, p is proton, e is electron (- for standard, + for positron/antielectron), ve is an electron neutrino, a bar over it would be an anti-electron neutrino, but no idea how to make a bar over the v.

3) Electron Capture. This is basically an alternate route for Beta+, and is sometimes energetically favourable over it. This is as follows: p + e- -> n + ve, There is a w- involved somewhere in there, but not quite sure where. The neutrino produced carries most of the about 1MeV, though a gamma ray may take some too.

4) Internal transition. This is the nucleus re-arranging itself, and results in the emission of a gamma ray or two.

Of the above decays, 1,2 and 3 can also produce a gamma ray if needed to conserve spin or momentum.

*Technically the v should be the greek letter nu, but not sure how to put that in here. Also, if one theory about neutrinos is correct, then anti-neutrinos are the same as neutrinos, and the equation i gave is correct without the bar.

• Official Post

I think they made it that you can't extract power from RS engines using wooden pipes anymore.
    But how are biogas engines OP? Is it because how easy it is to get biomass?

Yes, and with a tiny bit of lava its nearly as good as fuel. And yeah, they fixed that. No Forestry machine can use REngines either.

• Since the odds of us having RedPower Marble anytime soon are close to nonexistent, the Chisel mod is a great way to get back the magnesium and calcite we need.
    Macerating marble -> marble dust which is perfect as it is already implemented in GT.
    Macerating limestone -> calcite dust which is also perfect because it is already implemented in GT.
    So, adding support for the Chisel mod amounts to nothing more than adding two maceration recipes.
    Do it!

Imagine, if Minecraft could look like this :D
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi…e/e0/Limestone_quarry.jpg

• 2) Beta decay. This comes in two forms, Beta+ and Beta-. Beta- is this: n -> p + w-, w- -> e- + ve, Beta+ is this: p -> n + w+, w+ -> e+ + ve (where the ve should have a bar over it*). The total energy here is usually about 1 MeV, but since the neutrino is not usually detected, the energy of the beta particle (the e- or e+) ranges from 0-1MeV.

Just have to correct you, it's an anti-electron neutrino in beta- and an electron neutrino in beta+, not the opposite.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    Reworking the LESU to be a big wireless energy storage device.

Every LESU block it has increases its maximum range by 0,5 alongside storage.
    Maximum range is 128 blocks (it is counted from the main block)
    New upgrade, Wireless energy upgrade, all GT machines can accept it.
    Wireless energy is transfered with a loss depending on distance (every 2 blocks from the main LESU block adds 1% packet loss).
    Energy transfered depends on the EU packet size machine can accept.

Two LESU that are close to each other (maximum 16 blocks far) and has at least 32 LESU block will exchange energy depending on their current %, like thaumcraft nodes. [Maximum energy exchange is 2000 EU/t]
    LESU energy exchange is lossless

• suggestion: iridium reinforced advanced safe
    invincible against everythuing exept the owners wrench :D

• That sounds nice. As the inventor of the LESU, I approve that ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!