[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Still, hovering on self-locking SC-magnet combos is badass.

Edit: Started a new page 2nd time in a row, lol

Superconductors levitate for a similar reason to water (the free electrons have the same effect as the non-valence electron pairs in water, resistance usually dampens it, superconductors lack that), but some more complicated stuff going on as well.

Superconductor boots should make you float above magnetizers, without the need of the iron fencing.

• Official Post

Still, hovering on self-locking SC-magnet combos is badass.

Edit: Started a new page 2nd time in a row, lol

Exactly, which is why it needs to be added.

It should require a Billion copper and a thousand Magnetisers.
    Or something more makeable:

Cupronickel Coils and Refined iron plates get you an Electromagnet

Then Electromagnets super conductors and a magnetiser gets you the SC-Magnet
    Wear Metal Boots and you get the flying thing, the more metal you wear the less derpy the flying.

Or of course Super Conducting boots.

• but iron boots would make you stick to it, and be unable to move...

Off topic from SC-magnets:

Suggestion:

<Insert same thing I posted in the extra energy storage thread here, I know greg has seen it>

If The Extra Energy Storage guy doesn't manage to work out the stuff I linked there, will you consider adding it to GregTech?

• Superconductors levitate for a similar reason to water (the free electrons have the same effect as the non-valence electron pairs in water, resistance usually dampens it, superconductors lack that), but some more complicated stuff going on as well.

Superconductor boots should make you float above magnetizers, without the need of the iron fencing.

From what I learned in this video, the SC will lock the fluxons inside it in place when in a magnetic field and can spin around the center of the field. So my theory is that you can connect the magnet to the SC itself so it will lock itself in space.
    You can manipulate how the magnets work to make the SC move and ultimately everything move. If the SC disc is thick enough it can probably hold up a spaceship or something.
    There you go, quantum gravitational engine! :D

For f***'s sake, I don't give a single damn f*** about your stupid motherf***ing goddamn bulls***. Because f*** you that's why.

• From what I learned in this video, the SC will lock the fluxons inside it in place when in a magnetic field and can spin around the center of the field. So my theory is that you can connect the magnet to the SC itself so it will lock itself in space.
    You can manipulate how the magnets work to make the SC move and ultimately everything move. If the SC disc is thick enough it can probably hold up a spaceship or something.
    There you go, quantum gravitational engine! :D

Odd that they are not using the standard name for it, which is the Meissner effect . In type II superconductors, This effect is not complete (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_penetration_depth), and causes the flux vortices at the surface which allow it to maintain its superconducting properties at higher field strengths, Even without these vortices, it would still levitate. to move the superconductor around, all you need to do is create a field geometry which forms something like an ocean wave, and then the superconductor will be pushed, in the same way that a boat is pushed by the wave.

This technically is not a gravitation engine, as there is no modification to gravity at all. A true gravitation engine will affect gravity itself, which we have no idea as how to do that.

• Official Post

Odd that they are not using the standard name for it, which is the Meissner effect . In type II superconductors, This effect is not complete (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_penetration_depth), and causes the flux vortices at the surface which allow it to maintain its superconducting properties at higher field strengths, Even without these vortices, it would still levitate. to move the superconductor around, all you need to do is create a field geometry which forms something like an ocean wave, and then the superconductor will be pushed, in the same way that a boat is pushed by the wave.

This technically is not a gravitation engine, as there is no modification to gravity at all. A true gravitation engine will affect gravity itself, which we have no idea as how to do that.

Yeah we do, make big dense thingies!!! :D

• Official Post

Which is the opposite modification from what is needed.

Unless you want Forwards time travel :P
    Stupid Suggestion but would be super cool: Run away with Speed 2 Quantum legs (or something thats equal speed) from the Black hole you accidentaly made in your basement and after about 10 seconds get transported to the distant future, a dead wasteland with city structures and stuff.
    THEN NEVER GET BACK :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Unless you find a special Science lab dungeon thing with a Backwards time machine.

• Official Post

Because we have ofcourse no Idea how Gravity even works at all. Well, except for the attracting part.

I have thought about quite a few ways how Gravity could work in particular, and all these Models I thought of made gravity manipulation impossible to do with any Technology. According to my Model, it is just a large Energy field, compressing matter together by fusing gravity Fields of "Mass having particles" together, making it larger, and so more attractive. But that's only what I thought about, a while ago about physics.

And according to that Model, "Forwards Time Travel" is just the IRL-Variant of local Lag.

• Because we have ofcourse no Idea how Gravity even works at all. Well, except for the attracting part.

I have thought about quite a few ways how Gravity could work in particular, and all these Models I thought of made gravity manipulation impossible to do with any Technology. According to my Model, it is just a large Energy field, compressing matter together by fusing gravity Fields of "Mass having particles" together, making it larger, and so more attractive. But that's only what I thought about, a while ago about physics.

And according to that Model, "Forwards Time Travel" is just the IRL-Variant of local Lag.

one thing to consider: even particles with no mass are affected by gravity, Photons are affected.

The most successful model of gravity (General Relativity) models it by mostly ignoring "How" it works, and describing acceleration instead. There are other models which describe it as an effect of the electromagnetic force, but those require additional microscopic dimensions.

• Official Post

Photons may have not a mass, but they have Energy, and as far as I know E = mc², so they DO have indirect mass.

Yup, i dont get why people say they dont have mass becuase they do, just so small there is no measurable reading for it ^^

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    Modify AESU and IDSU to allow us to choose Output similar to ASP Quantum generator.
    Packet size selectable between 32/128/512/2048/8192 and number of packets (maximum of 16 packets).
    IDSU can choose only 2048 and 8192 packet sizes.
    8192 packet size can only be chosen if IDSU/AESU have HV-transformer upgrade (the blue transformer upgrade) installed.

Edit: Renewable uranium? Please, no. Infinite power Nukes would be OP as hell. Unless the production cost is higher than the maximum efficiency ever.

• Official Post

Suggestion: Make Uranium a byproducr oof water and lower its price to 1 €merald per 4 Cells. This "discussion" in the main thread went really mad!

Or make a new water filter machine that uses lots of eu and filters it into all sorts of goodies, with tiny (>1% chance) of getting stuff, like scrap boxes but expensive and better loot

• Yup, i dont get why people say they dont have mass becuase they do, just so small there is no measurable reading for it ^^

Photons must have exactly 0 rest mass if they go at the speed of light. This is why neutrinos do not go at the speed of light, as they have mass (they go almost the speed of light, as their mass is very, very tiny). If something has mass, It cannot go at c.

They have momentum, and might have "gravitational mass", which is too small to measure, but they do not have inertial mass (i.e. they do not interact via the Higgs field), which is what is generally referred to as mass.

• And for the Gold Pans: I plan to add Dirt which contains gold nuggets in River Biomes.

Kinda like how TFC does their panning, or something a tad bit forgiving?

Photons may have not a mass, but they have Energy, and as far as I know E = mc², so they DO have indirect mass.

Ooo! Ooo! I can actually answer this, with a Youtube video example!

(Note that I don't maintain Minute physics. I am just shamelessly promoting that Youtube channel)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• suggestion: Laser based wireless power transmission (credit for idea goes to kenken, I had entirely forgotten that I made this spreadsheet a while ago)

Have a transmission block be a multi block structure which is essentially a large free electron laser (FEL), which operates in the microwave spectrum (to allow for highly efficient, high powered mirrors, reducing the needed length of the FEL). These can be made practically with about 40% energy efficiency, though refinements in technology can probably increase that to closer to 60-90%.

Then have an aiming block, which is basically a mirror to re-direct the beam in the direction of the receiving block.

The receiver then receives a certain amount of power, based on the distance to it, and based on the specific frequency of the FEL (which is changed based on what undulator is used).

Here is a graph of power received / distance transmitted, along with all the needed calculations: Power Profile

Extension to suggestion:

Satellites which can reflect the laser back down to a target. Have something that you launch, which deploys a mirror entity thing at about 2k blocks above the ground which reflects the beam back down at the chosen target, allowing for transmission over mountain ranges. This could also probably be used as a weapon as well as power transmission. To do this would require a beam which does not exceed a certain width by the time it gets 2k blocks, the mirror on the sat can be focused such that it re-converges the beam on the receiver, for much less than the expected loss.

Additional Extension:

Possible upgrades could include:
    4-8 different undulators/wiggler (choose which name you prefer?) in the microwave range (or 1 which has some way to tune it, though somehow more expensive to tune smaller wavelengths?) the more advanced one, the longer the range (see the spreadsheet for specifics, higher energy, longer effective range)
    A gamma undulator, This one allows it to transmit through non-air blocks, but is much much less efficient (can't use standard mirrors for gamma). Maybe also damages things that walk into the path?
    Require the receiver to have an upgrade based on the upgrade in the laser (thinking along the lines of efficiency of reception is based on antenna length, so 1 size fits all won't really be efficient).