[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Hi Greg,

I've spent hours and hours just tinkering with GregTech automation in creative mode over the last couple days. It's been fun, but I had to give up on finding ways to do everything I need with GregTech machines alone. Here are the features I need:

- Give regulators a mode that uses item ratios in the filter. For example, if I have 1 cobblestone and 2 dirt in the filter, and 10 cobblestone in the target inventory, the regulator would transfer up to 20 dirt.

- Allow the Active Machine Detector to work on regulators. This would output a signal depending on whether the items in the target inventory satisfy the regulator's filter, with the strength of the signal being the ratio of items in the target inventory to items in the filter. So if the filter is 10 dirt and the target inventory is empty, the regulator is active and progress is 0% (redstone signal of 1). If the inventory has 9 dirt, progress is 90% (redstone of 13.5 - rounded up to 14?). At 10 dirt, the filter is satisfied so the machine is inactive. If the regulator is in item ratio mode the signal would be the ratio of the ratio, so if the filter is 1 cobblestone and 2 dirt and the inventory contains 1 cobblestone, the machine progress is 33%.

Here are some features that would be nice to have:

- Restore input/out restrictions for machine sides, and add additional restrictions in the case of blocks with multiple outputs like the Industrial Centrifuge and Distillation Tower. I think it's really unfortunate that machines have been simplified so you can just throw items into whichever side you want, because if we didn't want complexity we wouldn't be using GregTech! We already have Advanced Buffers, Advanced Translocators, Advanced Regulators, and Inventory Managers to solve this problem, and those machines are made much less useful by this simplication.

- Add an Electric Regulator, which would be cheaper but would only support one stack. I'm guessing the Advanced Regulator was named in relation to the RP2 regulator, but GregTech should not name its machines according to defunct mods.

- Give the item/liquid/energy detector covers boolean modes for empty and full.

- Allow the Redstone Item Detector to work with small buffers. Currently it will always output zero, which may be a bug. For example, it should output a signal of 50% for 32 dirt or 8 eggs.

- Add an Energy Conductor cover which would make any machine transfer energy similar to the way buffers, regulators, etc. do. If placed on multiple sides or on machines that already transfer energy, the input EU packets are split evenly between output sides.

- Allow EU storage and transformer upgrades to work on all machines that transfer energy, including machines with Energy Conductor covers. For example, a small buffer could potentially hold 101k EU and accept/transfer 8192k EU/t. Edit: I just realized that you can already do this! Awesome.

- Allow Quantum Tanks to retain empty cells when inputting liquid, and to output those cells on the sides of the machine. Currently Quantum Tanks are completely useless for input because they consume cells; Liquid Transposers must be used, and if you don't have TE you're out of luck. No machine in GregTech, IC2, or any other Minecraft mod should ever consume liquid containers for any reason unless it's to melt them down or recycle them.

- Add Digital Tanks, for mid-tier liquid storage.

- Allow Quantum Tanks, Distillation Towers, and other blocks with one interesting face to be rotated for cosmetic effect. In the case of controllers for multiblock machines like Distillation Towers and Industrial Blast Furnaces, the functional back face would not rotate.

- Add native connected texture support for buffers, so that contiguous buffers would appear to be one long machine with arrows but no borders between segments.

Thanks for reading.

• Now that GregTech automatic machines can be crafted directly without the IC2 counterparts, I demand a config to let us disable the original IC2 versions completely so nobody can abuse them for their overpowered swappable upgrades.

• Official Post

Now that GregTech automatic machines can be crafted directly without the IC2 counterparts, I demand a config to let us disable the original IC2 versions completely so nobody can abuse them for their overpowered swappable upgrades.

You have your choices :

IC² , More efficient overclocking, however doesn't accept covers which are the best utility for automation.
    GT, Less efficient overclocking, intelligent inventory, does accept covers and does not need translocators for automation, has one imbued "conveyor" cover.

Not forgetting that you need IC² basic machines for advanced ones (Adv machines addon), unless the addon make it forge dictionarized.

• Official Post

Doublepostingbecauseican.

Suggestion : Luminator cover.
    Rightclick a machine face with a luminator to apply an electrical light cover, which makes the face it is placed to emit special light, which illuminates an area of 7x7x7 in front of the facing, or just make the block emit light level 15 if you deny the light-air block.
    Screwdriving changes modes :
    RS controlled, Always ON.

Drains 1 EU every 10 ticks from the machine internal storage.

• A light source that uses light blocks, similar to Wrathlamps, would be GREAT.

Edit: I'd also really like hard-mode recipes for ComputerCraft, using GregTech components. It could be just be one of the cheaper machine hulls plus a circuit board in an Assembling Machine to make the basic computer, and then an expensive hull plus an advanced circuit to make an advanced computer. The rest of the recipes could be left as-is to save some work. ComputerCraft is an unfortunate necessity for filling holes in other mods, so a little GregTech flavor help a lot.

• A light source that uses light blocks, similar to Wrathlamps, would be GREAT.

Edit: I'd also really like hard-mode recipes for ComputerCraft, using GregTech components. It could be just be one of the cheaper machine hulls plus a circuit board in an Assembling Machine to make the basic computer, and then an expensive hull plus an advanced circuit to make an advanced computer. The rest of the recipes could be left as-is to save some work. ComputerCraft is an unfortunate necessity for filling holes in other mods, so a little GregTech flavor help a lot.

It is on the ToDo List, I think Greg will do it after Stargates.
    And Greg dislikes CompueterCrash, because it heavily lags the server for people without the best internet connection, so unless you wanto Iridium Chrome Computers with Inbuilt Fusion Reactor that selfdestruct after 10 Minutrs of using, dont talk about Computercraft.

• It is on the ToDo List, I think Greg will do it after Stargates.
    And Greg dislikes CompueterCrash, because it heavily lags the server for people without the best internet connection, so unless you wanto Iridium Chrome Computers with Inbuilt Fusion Reactor that selfdestruct after 10 Minutrs of using, dont talk about Computercraft.

That, and maybe the fact that cheap or expensive, CC will always keep OP. (unless Turtles become HIGLY-energy consuming).
    Oh, and maybe he don't wana nerf something RichardG related ? (MiscPeriph) ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I only nerf the good Mods (contentwise). Guess why I didn't nerf MiscPeripherals.

Same reason for not nerfing EE? ;p

• The only way to make EE balanced is to uninstall it. It is Inherently OP with any other mod.

I disagree. The best way to make EE balanced would be ... to rename it UE. UNEquivalent Exchange. Like you lose 3/4 of the ressources to convert stuff :D (and sometime more for some exploits).
    /

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Even without Zombie Spawners, getting Zombies is totally OP. Seriously, you can make an infinite Villager breeder and infect as many Villagers as you need. But yeah, totally not OP in comparsion to using Glowstone Dust, Redstone Dust and a Slimeball.

Back on 1.1 with EE1, if i hadnt had Mo Creatures installed i would of never found that slime ball ;p

• Except that they added a slimeball recipe. and even with 3/4 loss it would be overpowered, you also have to limit what it can be converted into. though, from what little I have seen of pahimar's plans, it seems like he may be heading in this direction.

• Official Post

Except that they added a slimeball recipe. and even with 3/4 loss it would be overpowered, you also have to limit what it can be converted into. though, from what little I have seen of pahimar's plans, it seems like he may be heading in this direction.

Not in the version i was playing ;p
    What i would like to see is a more advanced version of TC3's transmutation, since that isnt really OP.