[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Some new plants:

• Chruberry. Tier 9. Special growth condition: Must have light level 5 - 10, and its dirt block is above a Block of Redstone. Drops three possible chruberries that have the same ID:Meta but are different because of NBT. One is dropped 90% of the time and centrifuges into 2 Tiny Piles of Redstone Dust. Another is dropped 8% of the time and centrifuges into Ruby Dust. The last is dropped 2% of the time and electrolyzes into Chrome Dust. Chruberry when eaten gives Wither for 2 seconds but has 4 saturation and heals 2 hunger bars. Its crop also can give out variable signal strength using a Comparator, depending on its stage of growth.
    • Osmioplant. Tier 9. Special growth condition: Must have a block of water below its dirt block which is consumed randomly. 94% of the time drops 1 - 2 Hydroflower(s). Hydroflower can be used as a replacement for Water Cells. It can also be used in a Liquid Transposer to give 1200 mB. 6% of the time it drops Tiny Pile of Osmium Dust.
    • BiuuMatter. Tier 10. Special growth condition: Must have an AESU with >10 million EU below its dirt block and randomly consumes 10 million EU from the AESU. 90% of the time it drops Scrapbox and 10% of the time it drops a piece of UU-matter. Players within 5 blocks distance may get Slowness II, Poison II, Hunger II and Haste.
    • Quartzose. Tier 7. Special growth condition: Must have Sand within 5 blocks. May drop 2 - 3 Quartzose and 0 - 1 rose. 6 Quartzose + 1 Empty Cell centrifuges into 1 Nether Quartz, 2 Certus Quartz Dust, 2 Sand and 1 Methane Cell. 5 Quartzose + 9 Empty Cell electrolyzes into 3 Silicon Cells and 6 Compressed Air Cells.
    • Electra. Tier 10. Drops 81% of the time 3 - 4 Single-Use Battery, 27% of the time 2 - 3 Full RE-Battery, 9% of the time 1 - 2 Full Lithium Battery and 3% of the time 0 - 1 Full Lapotron Crystal.
    • Powder Plant. (Pun intended). Tier 8. Special growth condition: There must be 1 Creeper nearby. May drop 3 - 5 Redstone, 1 - 2 Glowstone Dust and 0 - 2 Gunpowder.

Well, most of these suggestions are OP, not going with the current mind of Agriculture or having conditions that you can't realize (really, must be one creeper nearby ? ...)
    I mean, the IC² Agriculture is supposed to be a way to get easily stuff like Iron, and it's fun researching these kind of plants but ... the aim is not to provide you another way to progress in the game than using Machines part of the Tech Tree!
    At least I agree an other kind of energy plant would be fun (because currently the only one give Oil and is a bit high level, a lower tier giving lower stuff would be cool to me)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

At least I agree an other kind of energy plant would be fun (because currently the only one give Oil and is a bit high level, a lower tier giving lower stuff would be cool to me)

There's already blaze reeds, plus what about all the things you can do with plants already, and how much more effective growing them in Crops can be?

Although, I suppose a plant that drops either tiny piles of coal dust or sawdust would be nice... Especially sawdust, I actually like that idea a lot, thinking about it...

EDIT: I just thought of something, while we're on the subject of IC2 crops...
    Please add cactus.
    Please please PLEASE!

EDIT2:
    Also, could you add a way to make stone/cobblestone for those who opt to play without infinite cobble generators? Perhaps some kind of conversion (such as in a crafting recipe) of silicon + compressed air = 8 sand, as well as a compressor recipe to turn sandstone into cobblestone? Or maybe just make a recipe for sand, and a recipe for cobblestone?

I know it might sound useless to many of you, but it won't hurt anything just to add it for the people who will find it useful.

It would also be GREAT if you could add some kind of option for disabling vanilla cobblestone generation,such as for example causing it to create glass instead? Since it's difficult even with mods to find automated silk touch, so it could only be mined practically manually.

• About Methane and Hydrogen:
    I think the Methane Hydrogen should be A LOT more powerful in generator. However, I also think you shouldn't basically be able to get "free energy" at the cost of carbon just by turning Hydrogen into Methane.
    So I would suggest a few changes:
    Keep Methane and such as it is for now but ... create, for each gasse, a "Compressed [Or Liquid] X Cells", X being the specie, and makes it contains like 8 times the basic cell. The point of it ? Making Refining system that outputs about 25% of Liquid Methane Cells and 10% Hydrogen, just because it has to be a proper source of energy but making Oil refining and 6 Methane Cells for each Diesel Cell would have been strange ...

So basically, making Methane and Hydrogen a good source of energy when you obtain it from Oil, Coal (because normal Coal Ore is Bituminous Coal ^^) or such, but an even more terrible one for things such as Meat and such. (because these are exploitables and already not useful for something else than exploits)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• What do you mean, not useful as something other then exploits? Why can't I power my base off of pigs? >:c
    I mean, for the amount of resources you put into it, methane is already a terrible source of power. Why does it need yet another nerf?

Also, if you want a good nerf to methane, install Greg's no infinite water addon, and either turn down the aqueous accumulator speed factor to 1 or simply disable it entirely.

• Personally, I think that methane should be made using the fermenter if forestry is installed. Perhaps make it use biomass as well.

• Official Post

Personally, I think that methane should be made using the fermenter if forestry is installed. Perhaps make it use biomass as well.

Forestry biomass cell + GT refinery = Ethanol and methane?
    BC oil cell + GT refinery = Fuel and methane?

• Moved this from the main thread. I have 2 suggestions:

First, the reaction energy for the iridium and platinum fusion is both a constant 16MEU. I guess that's meant to make it very attractive compared to creating them with UU, thus encouraging the building of more reactors. However, depending on the actual energy requirement of UU set in the config, these reactions may be just the opposite, extremely wasteful. Would it be possible for these values to scale together with the price of UU, or else be manually configurable?

Second, please make the parameters of the LESU configurable. I think the multiblock EU storage concept is really cool, and would love to use them, but presently they're so utterly weak and useless, it's disappointing. By the time you can afford to make a decent sized one, you have much better options.

• Moved this from the main thread. I have 2 suggestions:

First, the reaction energy for the iridium and platinum fusion is both a constant 16MEU. I guess that's meant to make it very attractive compared to creating them with UU, thus encouraging the building of more reactors. However, depending on the actual energy requirement of UU set in the config, these reactions may be just the opposite, extremely wasteful. Would it be possible for these values to scale together with the price of UU, or else be manually configurable?

Second, please make the parameters of the LESU configurable. I think the multiblock EU storage concept is really cool, and would love to use them, but presently they're so utterly weak and useless, it's disappointing. By the time you can afford to make a decent sized one, you have much better options.

For first part:
    See "fusionreactor" and "fuel_1" sections of DynamicConfig.cfg
    However I would like Greg to convert the config value to a float.

What do you mean, not useful as something other then exploits? Why can't I power my base off of pigs? >:c
    I mean, for the amount of resources you put into it, methane is already a terrible source of power. Why does it need yet another nerf?

Also, if you want a good nerf to methane, install Greg's no infinite water addon, and either turn down the aqueous accumulator speed factor to 1 or simply disable it entirely."
    I don't wanna nerf it actually, I just wanna be able to get significant energy from it, since I would get this Methane from non-renewable thingy, aka Oil refining.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited 2 times, last by MatLaPatate ().

• For first part:
    See "fusionreactor" and "fuel_1" sections of DynamicConfig.cfg
    However I would like Greg to convert the config value to a float.

Didn't really take that file into account. Last time I messed around with the configs was way back before 3.xx. Now that's what I call fine-grained.

Aaaaaand... The LESU thing? :whistling:

• So I have a idea for 1.6.

1.6 adds a UHC gamerule to make health not regen. I was wondering if you could make a multi block machine that converts energy into health when you stand in the middle of it, or a tank of special liquid you go into (kinda like in star wars). If the special liquid is used it could be portable with a injector or something.

• Official Post

So I have a idea for 1.6.

1.6 adds a UHC gamerule to make health not regen. I was wondering if you could make a multi block machine that converts energy into health when you stand in the middle of it, or a tank of special liquid you go into (kinda like in star wars). If the special liquid is used it could be portable with a injector or something.

Basically, a machine that gives players Regeneration effect upon being close/in it.

How about a machine that allows steve to genetically enhance himself?
    Increasing his regeneration, speed, jump height, mining speed...
    Reducing damage taken, fall damage and such.
    But to do that, steve has to manually alter his genetic code in the GUI. [Then apply it at his own risk]
    Bad modifications on the genetic code may result on death.
    Genetic modifications lasts for one "life" (till death).

• This is an amazing idea, and maybe this same machine could be used to modify IC2 crops?

Also, GREG WHERE'S MY INSERTION BUFFER?!
    All i need is that one little thing, and your automation would be perfect...

Unless there's something which I missed?

• Official Post

This is an amazing idea, and maybe this same machine could be used to modify IC2 crops?

Also, GREG WHERE'S MY INSERTION BUFFER?!
    All i need is that one little thing, and your automation would be perfect...

Unless there's something which I missed?

What do you need to do? You may have missed something.

• First of all I agree that an Insertion Buffer would rock if it's inserted direction was configurable. Then if there is no room then it works like a normal buffer, pushing forward.

Also, I have a suggestion. Make endstone portals to the end require a lot of energy by making a block that 'inserts' energy into the portal. This would create another cool project as one would either have to use 2 IDSUs or battery teleportation in order to access the end.

• Using your fancy new soldering tools, give us a manual way to make machine parts and machine hulls, add a refined iron machine hull, and then ditch the IC2 machine block. DO IT.
    Also do something about the advanced machine block.

• What do you need to do? You may have missed something.

Basically, I'd like a line of buffers which will first check at least one (preferably more) adjacent inventory, and insert into it until full. Once the inventory is full, it will then move on to the next buffer, and continue down the line until the end.

I'll probably end up just using Extra Utils transfer nodes...