[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

He talk about Nd2Fe14B. I thought about it too, guess it is something like:
    64x Dirt -> Tiny pile of neodymium dust
    4x Tiny pile of neodymium dust -> Neodymium dust
    Neodymium dust + 14x Iron Dust + Boron Dust -> 16x Neodymium magnet

However I'm not sure what crafting process to choose, and there is also Boron.

Boron could be extracted from water deposits in deserts or close to volcanos (high concentration of acids/minerals).

A special "Water Boiler", that produces different stuff depending on which biome it is (Since water has different composition depending where it is).
    Deserts/Volcano biomes [Hell/Redrock] would produce borax (Na2B4O7to be further electrolyzed into elemental boron, sodium and oxygen)
    Oceans would produce Salt (NaCl , to be either further electrolyzed into elemental sodium and chloride or used into molten salt stuff)

• Boron could be extracted from water deposits in deserts or close to volcanos (high concentration of acids).

What about a special "Water Boiler", that produces different stuff depending on which biome it is? (Since water has different composition depending where it is).
    Deserts/Volcano biomes [Hell/Redrock] would produce borax (Na2B4O7to be further electrolyzed into elemental boron, hydrogen and oxygen)
    Oceans would produce Salt (NaCl , to be either further electrolyzed into elemental sodium and chloride or used into molten salt stuff)

Greg may reprogram centrifuge for that, that's all. It however will require some coding magic rather than simple recipes. =)
    It may produce random tiny pile of rare earth metal (there is a lot of them) from stack of dirt.
    Same with water, because centrifuge currently doesn't have a recipe for water input.

Hmm if done magnet in the same way as Greg do with cells, than it can be made as:
    1x Tiny Pile of Neodymium Dust + 3x Iron Dust + 2x Tiny Pile of Iron Dust + 1x Tiny Pile of Boron Dust -> 4x Neodymium Magnet Dust
    And further smelting into Neodymium Magnet Ingot.

• Salt -> Reactor -> Molten Salt -> Thermal Boiler -> Salt + Steam -> Steam Turbine -> EU

You know, when I mentionned "Molten Salts Reactor", I mentionned it as the PRIMARY Cooling Circuits ... because it's much more efficient (works with Thorium directly molten with the thingy, which allow neutrons to be easily captured by nucleus and so more fissions reactions).
    But you know what it means ? That Molten Salt could be used IN ANY THERMAL-BASED GENERATOR! It would just be an intermediate between the thing generating heat and the Steam turbine, which would be easier to transport (because it store even more energy than Water, whom the enthalpy is already extremly high). And due to its high enthalpy, you don't even need to wait your Salts to crystalize again, you can just output out of the Turbine a Liquid like 400°C/K hot less! So it stay Liquid and is easier to use :D

Unless ... you wanna use the Salts as the Primary and the Secondary Coolant Circuit ? Which mean that Salts would directly cool down your reactor ?
    At least you can (and have to ^^) implement Water/Molten Salts external cooling cooling down internal, aka Coolant Cells :) (so they would be more useful than currently ... ^^)

64x Dirt -> Tiny pile of neodymium dust

I'd like it not to be Dirt since it's even renewable, but Clay, or maybe the Dirt-like ressources Greg mentionned once. You know, things he didn't add yet ^^

Helium -> Reactor -> Hot Helium -> Thermal Boiler using Pressurized CO2 -> Helium + Slightly more Gaseous Pressurized CO2 -> Heavy duty Turbine -> EU

Sirus, that's not more efficient at all. It would be extremly expensive, and according to Thermodynamic Laws, since entropy can't be <0 and since the thermal enthalpy of helium isn't very high (I think, didn't checked), you wouldn't be able to generate lots of energy out of that. Or you could, but using like 10x the amount of Water needed (but in Helium).

And something can't be "more gaseous". The only thing that may change are Pressure and Volume (and so Temperature, because you know, PV=nRT)
    But It could be ... more plasma-ish/ous/dunnohowtocallthat.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• We'll need some Fluoride cells too as a resource. Any ideas where they should come from?

Also, there should be a dsitinction between strictly heat transfer salts (for solar) and combined transfer/fuel salts (for nuclear).

edit: well Wikipedia says there's a tiny amount in seawater, but centrifuging water would be so... boring.

• Yes, and the ONLY Thermal based Generator capable of doing that is the Thermal Boiler. A Steam Turbine or Gas Turbine wouldnt be able to handle Salt directly.

What I meant is that ANYTHING GENERATING HEAT could basically output that molten salt :D

edit: well Wikipedia says there's a tiny amount in seawater, but centrifuging water would be so... boring.

And MC water, according to Greg recipies, is absolutely pure ^^ (we're not counting impurities)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• We'll need some Fluoride cells too as a resource. Any ideas where they should come from?

Also, there should be a dsitinction between strictly heat transfer salts (for solar) and combined transfer/fuel salts (for nuclear).

I already suggested Fluorite Ore, it is pretty, colorful and fragile gems, and they can be generated same way as shards in Thaumcraft, e.g. 4 blocks per vein and choose color for whole vein. Or Cryolite Ore, which is as rare as iridium, but have same vein size as coal.

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    New turbine, Gold turbine, 50% eff - doesn't need maintenance since it is oxidization proof.

Allow Drain covers to collect "Rainwater" (Different from normal water) at a rate of 50 mB/t , which can be used on water turbines.
    Water turbines are similar to steam/gas turbines, but except that it only accepts rainwater from above, and outputs normal water on bottom.
    Ratio would be 50mB of rainwater = 10 EU (for 100% efficiency). Thus 10 EU/t for every machine box collecting water during rain.
    Rainwater can be stored as a liquid inside tanks for later usage, just like IRL.

This is not as close as reality, but at least has the same principle of generating energy from water from rain.

Question, can several machine boxes be linked together, to transfer liquids, with pump modules, with it also conducting energy (through the output side) ?

• Official Post

Heliums Entropy is very low (0) when its a super fluid ^^
    >:D And you know what i meant by "more gaseous" ;p

• Found something interesting in Wikipedia while reading about Magnalium:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnox_%28alloy%29

We could allow making special Magnox versions of Uranium (and presumably Thorium and Plutonium) Cells -- I guess "Uranium MgX-Cell". They'd produce less heat but more EU/Steam, making them more effective for power generation but less efficient in breeders.

Magnesium's melting point is almost as high as Aluminum (1202 F and 1220 F respectively), so making Ingots would probably be accomplished through the Ind Blast Furnace. Then, bend the Ingots into Plates, four Magnesium Plates + Refined Uranium in Auto-Canning Machine = Uranium MgX-Cell!

GhostPlanet.tv - Streaming Anime (Claymore, Texhnolyze, Attack on Titan), recent Animated Shows (Archer), movies and major live action shows (Thrones, Spartacus).

• Official Post

Suggestion :

Gravitational Magnetic Field Armor (Chestplate ONLY) [Name subject to change]

Blocks ALL damage taken, yes, ALL! (This includes fall damage, magic damage, anything that can deal damage to the player), armor calculations are ignored when absorbing damage,
    This means if you have a diamond set and the gravimagneticfield armor and receive a diamond sword attack (7 damage) the gravimagneticfieldarmor will lose 7 SP (Shield Points)
    It damages the gravitational magnetic field, weakens it, to the point it breaks and will leave the player either completely defenseless or only upon his other armor parts to count on.

Luckily, the field restores itself over time, at the cost of energy.
    When the field is completely destroyed, it takes 10 seconds to start regenerating.
    When the field is damaged, it takes 2 seconds to start regenerating.
    Explosions deals 50% decreased damage.
    Slash/Piercing weapons (Swords and projectiles) deals 50% increased damaged.
    Internal storage can also recharge tools, by projecting energy fields on the items, but that is expensive energy-wise, causing it to charge 1 EU of the tool, by using 3 EU of the internal storage.

Initial Stats :
    Field SP : 20 (this means it will block 10 hearts of damage before it breaks)
    Field SP Regeneration : +1 SP every 4 seconds
    Field Energy Cost per SP regenerated : -250 EU per +1 SP
    Internal Energy Storage : 1M EU
    Special Abilities : None

Upgrades available :
    SP Increase (Multiple Layer Fields) : Each upgrade increases maximum SP by 20 points, maximum of 20.
    Maximum : 420 SP (with initial stats)

SP Regeneration (Field Generator Overclocking) : Each upgrade decreases SP regeneration time by 25%, increases energy required to regen SP by 50%, maximum of 10.
    Maximum : 1 SP every 4,5.. -> 5 ticks, 14416 EU per SP regenerated.

SP Cooldown Reduction (Field Generator Cooling) : Each upgrade reduces time between damage and regeneration by 2 ticks or 6 when the field is destroyed, maximum of 15.
    Maximum : 10 ticks cooldown when damage is taken, 5,5 seconds when field is destroyed.

Gravitational Jet Field Generator : Will consume SP points a rate of 0,05 SP every tick it is activated, activation is by jumping just like a jetpack. Holding space will give upwards boost.
    Double tapping while in air activates hover mode (Creative flight), consuming 0,025 SP every tick. This does count as "damage" and the field will regen only after the cooldown time.
    Damage taken while Flying is doubled.

Internal Energy Storage Upgrade (Energy Orbs) : Increase internal energy storage by 5M, maximum of 5.
    Maximum : 26 Million EU storage.

All values can be changed for balance reasons, of course.
    Recipes : Up to you to decide.

• Official Post

Basically, a GraviSuit a bit more balanced ...

A suit that cant handle infinite amounts of damage, basically.
    You have to deal with recharge time and total damage you can absorb, which is not many, considering it ignores armor calculation.
    Flying causes it to drain your shield.
    Also, having a Crysis like suit is cool isn't it =) ?

• Greg, about the Molten Salts thingy:
    If you wanna have a 3*3 or 4*4 GUI and keep the balance of it, I have an Idea:
    Basically you can add a few components:
    1) The Molten Salts-Fuel "cells", actually more like a tank. Also assume multiples tank are one if adjacent.
    There is one size, but severals concentrations, and 3 kind of fuel, of course. Also make each efficiency depends on the efficiency of adjacent fuels

2) Some tanks that store stuff you wanna breed, not necessary with cells. Those depends on the efficiency of the adjacent fuels.

3) Cooling stuff, which should be expensive: each coolant system (a bigger components than a cell, made out of cells, circuit and Copper/Lead Plates or even pipes) allow one external coolant. (better coolants allow more output, but water won't be enough for outputting that much heat, and that's the main balance point)

So the most expensive part wouldn't be the internal cooling but the external one. Because it would need tons of Molten Salts, which could be a bit hard to get. And also, to keep the reactor running with the max efficiency, you would maybe need a special, more expensive steam turbine. Btw, if you want something efficient, you also have to use Thermal Boilers because you have to heat MS using reactor then to heat water using TB ^^.

I'm not sure this would be perfect, but I think that would still be nice.

Plz guys, give me your thought :)
    (so Greg can implement the perfect MS reactors)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• just thought of something small you could easily add ...

• make metallurgy 2 alloys compatible with you alloy furnace and redpowers alloy furnace ... just better integrate metallurgy

• small piles of metallurgy dusts

• hightier metallurgy dusts need industrial blast furnace

• make their fantasy metals able to craft the magic energy absorber make an electric abstractor (maybe)

• also more uses for bitumen, tar, potash, magnesium, phosphorus, and saltpeter

• bitumen macerate into bitminuoes sludge or make them ore dictionary compatible (metallurgy and traincraft)

• maybe like have an adamantine drill

• add metallurgy to the unificator targets list

• btw when you added in the plate bending machine you removed the rolling machine recipies is there a way to turn on the rolling machine recipies again? (config)

• also while im here balance mekanism osmium and add osmium power tools...'

• also industrial grinder recipe for traincraft crude oil .. produce 1 oil cell 2 bitminuos sludge maybe some gravel

• industrial grinder and pulverizer recipies for metallurgy where you could get small bonus dusts

• something made from a pressure plate, hopper and a player detector and probably aluminum plates that when walked over could remove any combination of armor inventory and hotbar

• hazmat suits block UE radiation

• advanced solar panels' sunnarium dust and centrifuge recipies

• irradiant uranium dust and centrifuge back to uranium dust and 8 glowstone dust

• centrifuge recipies for metallurgy and factorization dark iron

• dark iron dust and an industrial way to get it

• underground biomes compatibility in macerators and crafting recipes

• biomes o plenty amethyst dust and recipies

• ars magica use in magic energy absorber

• liquidUU support?

• liquidXP support?

• runic dust mod centrifuge to lower level dusts

well thats a pretty long list hopefully you like a few of them greg XD lol i originally came here just to post the first line XD

name a mod... I've tried putting it into my modpack!

172 mods
    11 power systems
    infinite fun

Edited 7 times, last by jax099 ().

• Official Post

Refined iron lever, like a lever but has 4 stages, off, Level 5 Redstone, Level 10 redstone, Max level redstone.
    Also looks cooler then normal lever
    Also has model unlike everything else in your mod ;p