[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

A couple comments on the new changes:
    Could you make all recipes requiring tools be able to be made in a machine? in particular, turbine blades and tools can't be made automatically.
    Could you allow heating coils to be made in the lathe, so I don't have to use MJ?

Here, at this moment, i request a way to not be obligated to use MJ on rolling machine of RailCraft. [aka make their recipes on another machine, powered by EU] {Advanced Assembler maybe?}

• This time, I have a more reasonable suggestion...
    Have you ever had to use a calculator for a complex mathematical problem, but it is a pain to open the program and lag out Minecraft as you accidentally input the wrong number, have to backspace it and start over, then fail to copy/paste/remember the output?
    Well, Gregtech adds computer processors, data storage circuits, and lots of other stuff, so why not a Calculator?
    It would be crafted with 4 Data Storage Circuits, an Advanced Circuit, 2 Rubber, a Refined Iron plate, and a Computer Monitor item (or smaller monitor, if available). Recipe could be assembled like so:

D M D
    D A D
    R I R

D = Data Storage Circuit
    M = Monitor
    A = Advanced Circuit
    R = Rubber ball
    I = Refined Iron Plate

This device operates similar to the Cropnalyzer, except that it can only take Batteries as a power source, and has a number-pad/buttons/display instead of a display for crop information, and many other changes. If a button for a number is pressed, the number is input into the top display, similarly to any other calculator. In fact, it would function exactly like any other calculator, except that it is virtual and saves time. It also wouldn't use a lot of power, maybe 8 EU per Operation.

It would be a perfect tool for those who need to find just how much Chrome they need for a Fusion Reactor before building it. The best thing about it is, if someone doesn't need calculators much/at all for anything, they don't have to craft one.

Also, it would be awesome if you could make an Advanced Graphic Calculator, that can be used to simulate the construction of multiblock structures. It could tell the user just how many resources they have (in black numbers). It could also detect the needed resources in the user's inventory, and subtract that from the total needed resources, and display the final result of remaining resources left, as green numbers under the black numbers. And, when simulating Blast Furnaces, it can take a variable minimum-temperature, allowing for random assortments of different casings/coil upgrades, and always displaying the most efficient assortment of casings/coils possible.

Those would be awesome. Thank you for reading, and I really hope this gets considered.

• Yet ANOTHER suggestion/idea I had, is 2 variants of ''Tung-Steel'' (not to be confused with Tungstensteel). It is an alloy of Tungsten/Silicon, similar to the Iron/Carbon mixture known as ''steel''. It does not rust or corrode, and is not attacked by most acids. It can also be used in-place of Aluminum for things like machine hulls, engine blocks, and the like. And if mixed properly, it can also be made into a glass-like substance.
    My suggestion is for 2 different mixtures to be added - one is Tungsteel-glass, and the other is Tungsteel. Tungsteel is made in a blast furnace, out of 2 Tungsten and 1 Silicon cell. It produces 3 ingots of Tungsteel. It could be used to make machine hulls, and many other things. Tungsteel-glass is made with 2 Silicon cells and 1 Tungsten, and it produces 1 Tungsteel-glass block. It could be an explosion-resistant material, that can not be blown up by creepers, but can be blown up by TNT in close proximity. It could also possibly be made into Panes, just like normal glass, but in an assembling machine - because it is much stronger than glass, and Steve can't manipulate it with his bare hands.
    If this were added, it would be great, and possibly add to the popularity of GregTech in its entirety. Once a large supply of Tungsten is available, the user could make cheap windows for their industrial-base, that are 100% creeper-proof. And once the user has significantly-advanced technology, tungsten is available in large quantities, so it would fit perfectly.

Also, sorry for the double-post, I thought that since this is a different idea, it belongs in a different post, to avoid confusion.

• Greg, would you add an oscilloscope to diagnose electrical problems with multiblocks? E.g instead of saying "circuit burned out", say "electrical failure", and require that the machine be diagnosed with the scope before it can be repaired, having different fixes for different problems such as soldering for "bad connection", full circuit replacement for "shorted pins" and "crispy circuit", and wiring for "damaged insulation"

• Since you plan on adding tungstensteel tools and armor, what about adding tools and armor for aluminum, magnalium, and titanium? Perhaps aluminum could have a but less durability then iron but mine considerably faster? Magnalium could basically be the same, and is useful for extending your aluminum by 33%. Titanium could be bascally an upgrade of diamond with improved durability, but a bit less speed and less enchantability.

• Suggestion: new mode in Electric Crafting Table.

When you put a credit/coin in the target slot, it will try to craft as many of that credit/coin as possible using the other credit/coins supplied.

• Suggestion Time again!

I was thinking, the machine box recipe is actually pretty expensive given the alternatives. Considering that a small electric buffer can do everything except liquid transfer, and is much cheaper. Maybe the machine box recipe should yield 4-8 machine boxes?
    On the topic of machine boxes, it would be pretty useful if you could make versions of machine boxes that also fact as machine casings. They should be more expensive, of course, but they would help with automation.
    Finally, could you make the universal macerator be switched between recipe sets with a button or screwdriver? The automatic detection thing doesn't work very well, since different recipes are usefull for different things. (also, how about a multiblock version? It seems kinda wimpy compared to the RC rock crusher)

• Greg, isn't it a little bit too unrealistic to get Tritium simply by putting Deuterium in a Industrial Centrifuge? You could change the production by putting Lithium in a chemical Reactor or doing something else with Lithium (in RL you have to let 6-Lithium react with neutrons). Please thing about it and tell me what do you think about this, thank you!

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• Official Post

Greg, isn't it a little bit too unrealistic to get Tritium simply by putting Deuterium in a Industrial Centrifuge? You could change the production by putting Lithium in a chemical Reactor or doing something else with Lithium (in RL you have to let 6-Lithium react with neutrons). Please thing about it and tell me what do you think about this, thank you!

Deuterium and Tritium are Hydrogen isotopes (H-1 Hydrogen, H-2 Deuterium, H-3 Tritium) , guess why you have to centrifuge them out of normal hydrogen?

• That will not work. tritium basically doesn't exist in nature. I have been gunning for the lithium breeding thing, either breeding lithium in a nuclear reactor, or in special modules in the sides of a fusion reactor.

• Official Post

This is brilliant. I'd like to see this too.

Or make machine casings "metatilentities" ?
    As already mentioned above, machine boxes are way too expensive for what they do, disencouraging automation with them as we can do the same with other stuff like the small electric buffer.
    How about reworking the buffers to be more like machine boxes, they would have an internal liquid tank [Small would have 1000 mB and large 64000 mB] , so it can also transfer liquids?
    This would make the machine boxes deprecated, but would allow everything a machine box can do, in a buffer.

• That will not work. tritium basically doesn't exist in nature. I have been gunning for the lithium breeding thing, either breeding lithium in a nuclear reactor, or in special modules in the sides of a fusion reactor.

Well, I firstly thought that this way would be a little bit to hard, but this is GregTech, what is not hard in this mod? But on the other side, it would be much much MUCH more harder to automate a Fusion reactor that runs on Deuterium and Tritium. Thats why I think Deuterium should be put in a Chemial Reactor instead of in the Centrifuge (becaus this would be a little bit more logical (and yes I know that there is no "more logical" and this idea is almost the same nonsense like the Centrifuge, but why not?)) Maybe you have to build a special "Mini-Reactor"-Block that is just for breeding, not for producing electric energy? This special reactor could have a slot for a special Coolant Cell and one for one Mini-fuel-rod and some slots (like 4) for the Lithium (and maybe other stuff) and then run on the fuel rod and the coolant cell long (like 500 conversations). For the Deuterium Production you have to put hydrogen sulfide into the vacuum frezzer and then you have to put the product into a destilator and you get your Deuterium. You know guys, that is why I love this forum. It combines two things that I really love: Gaming and Physics (and yes I know that this part here has more to do with chemistry than with physics).

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• Machine Casings are INTENTIONALLY stupid Blocks. Too many senseless MetaTileEntities would lag the Game

What about being able to 'upgrade' a machine casing with a conveyor belt or machine hull or something, which would turn it into a tile entity and allow it to accept covers? That way the player would be able to choose which parts of the machine are tile entities, and which ones aren't.

• Machine Casings are INTENTIONALLY stupid Blocks. Too many senseless MetaTileEntities would lag the Game

I'm not saying to replace the machine casings, simply allow special versions of machine boxes to be used in place of them. I can't imagine using more that a couple of machine boxes in a multiblock. and it wouldn't be any laggier than your automation already is.

masterP. I think that it wouldn't be too hard if lithium was made renewable. I think you should be able to centrifuge it from water. especially since once you set up the reactor, you can breed lithium in the reactor walls.
    Also, chemistry is physics.

• Lithium is renewable.
    Macerate plantballs into dirt, then centrifuge the dirt and you'll get clay, among other things.

You can also centrifuge mycelium for a greater yield, though that's only possible if you find a mushroom biome or if you have other mods installed. (Forestry's moistener works wonderfully for this)

• masterP. I think that it wouldn't be too hard if lithium was made renewable. I think you should be able to centrifuge it from water. especially since once you set up the reactor, you can breed lithium in the reactor walls.
    Also, chemistry is physics.

Sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't say that chemistry is physics. I would rather say, that physic is the base of all (other sciences).
    I posted in this thread a Suggestion for base IC² but eventually it would be something for GregTech:

More complex Nuclear Reactors
    With Complex Nuclear Reactor, I mean that you have to build a
    Reactor like a pressurized water reactor with its fuel rods, hulled in a
    Moderator (ex. water), circulating trough pipes (has to be
    pressurized), heating water in another circuitry (unpressurized), so it
    becomes steam, moving a turbine, which is connected to a Generator. Then
    this water has to be cooled down. Even like a real pressurized water
    reactor (I hope I didn't make a mistake in this explanation). I think it
    is to simple to just craft 7 blocks, put in them some cooling elements
    and the fuel rods and then recieving much energy by doing almost
    nothing. The whole reactor could/should be controlled by a "nuclear
    reactor computer" and you have to actually build all the parts of the