[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Hey greg, do you think you could add something which would effectively replace long ass chains of metatileentities?
    Basically what I'm thinking is some sort of stupid block like the casings, where you'd have a chain of them and if a machine on one end ejects an item into it, it flings the item all the way to the other end of the chain.

• Hey greg, do you think you could add something which would effectively replace long ass chains of metatileentities?
    Basically what I'm thinking is some sort of stupid block like the casings, where you'd have a chain of them and if a machine on one end ejects an item into it, it flings the item all the way to the other end of the chain.

It could be crafted with a Machine Casing, Circuit and Conveyor Module. They would act like cables, but transfer item-packets, with data rather than EU, and no limits for items/packet. Or, a machine with one next to it finds if there is a machine at the other end, and sends the item to it as if it were directly connected and set to transfer the items to the machine, with no cable logic included.

• Official Post

Hey greg, do you think you could add something which would effectively replace long ass chains of metatileentities?

Yeah, I actually plan to add some kind of Pipe. But that comes as soon as I add my own Cables.

• Official Post

You know I am talking about the FAR Future?

I do, thats why i didn't use the word "soon".

By the way, here comes a suggestion to keep whiners at their place :
    Rework the config.
    Add a section called "Changed Stuff", with several configs to revert all possible changes.
    Config : "Realistic Industry" , if set to false revert all changes back to IC² style, with no plate bending, no extra processing/assembling, no nerfs.

• Official Post

I do, thats why i didn't use the word "soon".

By the way, here comes a suggestion to keep whiners at their place :
    Rework the config.
    Add a section called "Changed Stuff", with several configs to revert all possible changes.
    Config : "Realistic Industry" , if set to false revert all changes back to IC² style, with no plate bending, no extra processing/assembling, no nerfs.

+1 The Gregtech config is too long not to have this

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hey Greg, what about adding a config option for increasing the amount of EU electric tools consume per use, so that all durability tools aren't rendered instantly useless upon reaching steel? For example, starting off with 100-200 eu per block at the bronze jackhammer stage, upping it to 200-400 for drills and 150-350 for steel jackhammers, and balancing the rest of the tools from there.

That way, EU-using tools won't be quite as useful until EU is more plentiful.

EDIT: Also, could you add some way of melting down metal items that have partial durability, preferably with a percentage yield equal to the durability lost? (This should also have the ability to yield nuggets, for shovels) If you already have this ability, then where is it?

EDIT2: I have a small request for the new spray cans: Can you add a canning recipe for partial-filling, using only 1 of whatever item you use? For example, filling a can with 1 CF pellet will add 25 more uses, etc.

Also, is there a reason for the canning machine recipe giving a normal canning machine, rather then an automatic one? It just seems very odd to nerf all of the machines except that one...

• How about using Sodalite as Lapis/Lazurite Dust replacement in recipes?

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
    Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten feuertrunken,
    Himmlische, dein Heiligthum!
    Deine Zauber binden wieder
    Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
    Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

• Official Post

Also, is there a reason for the canning machine recipe giving a normal canning machine, rather then an automatic one? It just seems very odd to nerf all of the machines except that one...

Yes there is one. It is because my Canning Machine can not do all the things the IC² Canner can.

How about using Sodalite as Lapis/Lazurite Dust replacement in recipes?

No. That is denied.

• Like what? Filling jetpacks?
    Can't you program your machine to do the stuff the vanilla canning machine can do?

Also, what about the partial-filling idea?

And, if we get jetpack filling support on Greg's canning machine can we use diesel cells to fill it?

• Official Post

And, if we get jetpack filling support on Greg's canning machine can we use diesel cells to fill it?

We need an Advanced Lapotronic Jetpack, twice as fast, more expensive fuel-wise, powered by Nitro-coalfuel, Nitro-diesel or biofuel (Ethanol).
    My idea is : Jetpack + Lappack + Lapotron crystal + some tier 3 stuff = Advanced Lapotronic Jetpack
    Able to recharge tools (1.5M storage, for twice the actual energy cost) and fly (fuel storage of 1200 seconds of flight [1 nitrodiesel or 6 nitro-coalfuel or 3 biofuel cells]).
    This would definetely be a very popular item.

• We need an Advanced Jetpack, much powerful, more expensive fuel-wise, powered by Nitro-coalfuel, Nitro-diesel or biofuel (Ethanol).
    My idea is : Jetpack + Lappack + Lapotron crystal + some tier 3 stuff = Advanced Jetpack
    Able to recharge tools (1M storage) and fly (fuel storage of 1200 seconds of flight [1 nitrodiesel or 6 nitro-coalfuel or 3 biofuel cells]). This would definetely be a very popular item.

[Addon v1.115 for MC 1.5.2] Gravitation Suite v1.9.3 ! [SSP/SMP]

Was that a troll/joke post?

• Official Post

A bit of both, but actually a different type of armor, which uses fuel to fly and energy to charge tools (at a lower rate).
    Gravisuit is too cheap IMO.

• Official Post

Eh, honestly all the jetpacks in general need to get a good whack with the nerfhammer, in my opinion...

Thats why "use fuel", it is the nerf part. (Values can be tweaked to consume more fuel [given the storage can be bigger])
    2x+ energy usage to charge tools also.

• I support this.
    Also, how about induction smelter recipes for battery and soldering alloys?
    And possibly a recipe for antimony that involves tin and the centrifuge?

• I have a suggestion: When Tinkers Construct (or a similar mod) is detected, delete all vanilla/anything tool recipes (shovel, pickaxe, etc.). No diamond pickaxe, no wooden sword. That way, the player(s) has/have to forge their tools. Also, all dungeon loot/drops/etc. of any vanilla tools would also have to be deleted.
    That would be a nice addition to the tech tree. Thank you for reading this suggestion, and I hope that you consider it.