[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Greg, could you add a tool with functionality similar to Tinker's Construct's chisel, perhaps with things like stone bricks and chiseled sandstone requiring the chisel to be made?

• These are just a couple of ideas I thought of for the liquid pipes you are planning to implement, there could be 4 "tiers" of pipes, refined iron, bronze, steel, and tungsten steel.
    Each tier would have a higher transfer rate than the last, with tungsten steel's max being, maybe, 800mb/t, as to not completely discourage the use of machine boxes to transfer liquids.
    The pipes would require a pump of some sort to have enough pressure to move the liquids, but machines with pump covers would not need a pump because they already have one built into the machine, your in development steam boiler wouldn't require a pump either because it creates its own internal pressure.
    The iron pipes transfer rate could be 200mb/t, with each tier having 200mb/t more, and the pumps would require more energy to create pressure the more liquid that is traveling through the pipes.

On a second note, when you make electric machines require steel, will there be a small steam-electricity turbine so we don't have to get rid of our bronze steam boilers when we start using electric machines, and will your coal blast furnace require nether materials, similar to the railcraft one?

• Thank you for reminding me on that. I wanted to use the JackHammer as Chisel.

I love it! :D
    Though, I was hoping for a tool which could be used on a block in the world, and will convert that block into its chiseled form. For example, smoothstone, when rightclicked with said tool, would be turned into stone bricks at the cost of durability/eu.

Also, could you add some items, specifically eggs and pumpkins, that should be food to the list of cannable foods? This would make canned food a bit better, while also making the items which should be edible, edible without making them free food.

• I love it! :D
    Though, I was hoping for a tool which could be used on a block in the world, and will convert that block into its chiseled form. For example, smoothstone, when rightclicked with said tool, would be turned into stone bricks at the cost of durability/eu.

Also, could you add some items, specifically eggs and pumpkins, that should be food to the list of cannable foods? This would make canned food a bit better, while also making the items which should be edible, edible without making them free food.

Even better would be to add cooked eggs, made by cooking an egg in a furnace, and baked pumpkin seeds, made by cooking pumpkin seeds in a furnace, both of them wouldn't be super filling or saturating, but fairly easy early game food.

• Maybe make milk refresh some hunger (none to few saturation) ?
    sugar + furnace = candy?

For milk, if it gave hunger back it might be too easily spam able seeing as there is no limit on milking a single cow, for candy, it might be good for a relatively high saturation food, but only restoring 1/2 of a hunger bar.
    abculatter_2 yeah, it would be a bit too easy food to get, especially when you can get massive amounts of pumpkin seeds, maybe craft 9 pumpkin seeds together to get a "Handful of Pumpkin seeds" then cook them in a furnace to get cooked pumpkin seeds, so that it isn't too easy to get large amounts, and they could be not too good anyway, but your original idea is very good as well, as to have them not be a food that's possible to get early game at all.

• Greg, you should totally add a centrifuge recipe turning zombie brains into methane.
    Or, even better, give them a value in the magic energy absorber, with an output of rotten flesh.

• Before, we could "burn" milk into MJ.
    How about adding milk centrifuging into methane?

Unless Greg also added milk cells it wouldn't work entirely well, because milk buckets don't stack, and I'm almost positive a meter cubed bucket of milk doesn't contain a meter cubed of methane, but otherwise it would be nice, and not the easiest possible thing to automate for power.

• Official Post

Unless Greg also added milk cells it wouldn't work entirely well, because milk buckets don't stack, and I'm almost positive a meter cubed bucket of milk doesn't contain a meter cubed of methane, but otherwise it would be nice, and not the easiest possible thing to automate for power.

Or add liquid (fluid) milk, which could be pumped into centrifuges (or a biodigestor thingy that i'm suggesting for ages).

• Or add liquid (fluid) milk, which could be pumped into centrifuges (or a biodigestor thingy that i'm suggesting for ages).

I do like the idea of milk being a liquid able to store in a tank, but if milk was pump-able into a centrifuge, then Greg might as well make all processable liquids able to be pumped into their appropriate machine (which will hopefully happen anyway), if he did add a methane recipe from milk then he would probably add milk cells anyway, also your biodigestor idea sounds great, it could produce biomass cells, or biocells, and a little bit of methane, it would mainly take time and any decomposable matter.

• Official Post

I do like the idea of milk being a liquid able to store in a tank, but if milk was pump-able into a centrifuge, then Greg might as well make all processable liquids able to be pumped into their appropriate machine (which will hopefully happen anyway), if he did add a methane recipe from milk then he would probably add milk cells anyway, also your biodigestor idea sounds great, it could produce biomass cells, or biocells, and a little bit of methane, it would mainly take time and any decomposable matter.

Thats the idea. Organic Matter -> less complex carbohydrates which can be used as fuel.

• Official Post

Milk should only be usable for these things if it doesn't become super infinite, perhaps cows need to eat Grass once or twice like sheep to regain their delicious tit juice?

• Fermentation taking lots of time for milk and biofuel would be cool, but hey "Fermentation device" is already on Greg's TO-DO list ;).

Btw Greg, with new changes in IC2, and if, according to what you said, Ind. Grinder is gonna become an "Ore washing machine" what about also enhancing the Crusher/Pulverizer/Macerator/Grinder itself ? I'm saying that, because I felt like the Macerator should be way bigger than it is currently, so I thougt we'd need a Multi-Block generator-like Crusher, that would do "the hardest part" of grinding, but could also works a lot faster (not really faster, but able to proceed much more Ore at a time). It would give crushed Ores that you could grind with the IG after that, and would of course increase output, but not that much for the Size/price it would have, and the energy it would consume (definitely 512 EU/t). Of course it would require maintenance ;).

Also, what about making all Ores a bit "richer" by adding a step in the Electrolyzer to refine them, and a bit "poorer" than before if you don't use it ?
    As an example, there would be Iron:
    2 "Ferrous" (because Ferrous means it contains Iron, guess where does come from Fe too ...) would give 2 Refined Iron Dust (which could be smelted directly into Refined Iron, hehe) and 2 Tiny dust of Sn/Ni/Cu, at the cost of 15 000 EU in the Ind. Electrolyzer.

The nerf could be that, without that, you'd need to smelt every ingots twice to get the usable version ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Something I've been meaning to suggest for a long time, but never got around to it:

What about, when you implement your own fermentation device, adding a system of inoculents somewhat similar to Forestry's bees?

Inoculants would be created either in petri dishes in a special, unpowered breeder machine, and stored in refrigerated storage closets, or you can simply plop the inoculant's source straight into the fermentation device and let it grow. These inoculant would have specific stats associated with them, such as species, what that species gives, yield modifier, temperature tolerance, resistance, virility (which would change based on how well you take care of the innoculant) etc. Combining innoculents will cause the two to begin competing with eachother, with the winner being determined by a combination of virility and resistance. However, there is a change (dependent on the species) that the losing side will randomly innoculate the other with one of its traits.
    You would be able to scan a petri dish in the computer cube or with a special tool to be able to see its traits.
    There should also be a way to multiply an innoculant onto multiple petri dishes, possibly at the cost of virility.
    You would get innoculents from specific items marked as harboring a specific type of bacteria or fungi or whatever, such as rotten flesh or dirt or grass or mycelium or leaves, basically anything that could potentially harbor something microbial. Even netherrack and end stone. These all need not have a unique species associated with them, but there should be enough variety as to give the player actual choices, and things to breed.
    Perhaps there could also be a way to make innoculants mutate, such as randomly over time or with a special machine?

Also, the fermentation device itself could have a temperature control you could adjust, which would affect the innoculent currently in it at the cost of more EU being pumped into it, dependant on how much you deviate from the biome's ambient temperature. (Also, perhaps if the fermentation device detects an opaque block above it or no sunlight hitting it, then it would go to a default cold 'underground' temperature) Putting the temperature higher is basically always better for yield, as the increase in energy speeds up microbial respiration. However, putting it too high will cause your innoculant to slowly (or not so slowly, if you really crank it up) loose virility, and if virility reaches 0, it dies and the device is considered sterilized. Also, making the temperature higher will generally cost more EU then putting it lower. However, putting the temperature lower can, depending on the species, have one of two effects. Either the innoculant will slowly die, like with heat, or the species will go into dormancy, and not produce anything but still remain alive.