[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• I made this suggestion in the main thread but I would like to get others opinions on it. A special tank that needs to be constantly heated to store steam. if the tank isn't hot enough then the steam will have a random chance of either disappearing or turning into water. Thoughts?

• Official Post

I made this suggestion in the main thread but I would like to get others opinions on it. A special tank that needs to be constantly heated to store steam. if the tank isn't hot enough then the steam will have a random chance of either disappearing or turning into water. Thoughts?

A small amount of energy, perhaps like 1 eu/t per bucket would be cool. It would make Steam boilers useful later on (Greg, perhaps make some generators that use larger amounts of fuel to make more steam instead of tiny ones?)

• hey greg i just wanted to tell you my idea for gregtech because i wanted to build my base steam-powered, but maybe using methane, however methane actually is a real pain to get, and i dont mean the interesting, hard gt way, i mean its just a pain so i came to an idea: adding like a multiblock-Fermenter thingy that produces both biomass and methane (thats realistic) and doesnt Need much eu at all, maybe 32 eu/t but not more so i dont have to spam centrifuges and have a huge buffer. my solution for op-ness of getting both methane and biomass is to make it run like a minefactory reloaded bioreactor so it gains Efficiency by using multiple different things to run, also i would really like to have a quantum saber that has a much bigger battery and (maybe) does the same damage as the nano one now, and then weaken the nano one to do half damage BUT use the ic2 recipe for the nano saber and use the gt one for the quantum saber, also can you add tool recipes for like the Assembling machine that can craft stuff like picks without hammers and files... oh yes and maybe like a bc engine that runs off nuclear fuel or Helium Plasma.. oh yes and please remove that camoflauge ore thing, i like having hard recipes but making ores become invisible is just insane... oh yeah and yellow/red garnet ore thats as rare as Diamond, oh yeah and i want to get more chrome out of ruby dust, because 9>1 is just insane, yes i know, no chrome ore but more chrome out of rubies and use the normal Iridium plates instead of the Implosion compressor ones for some recipes!

please tell me if you like these ideas :D

• The camouflage ore setting can be turned off in the config file fairly easily. The bio-reactor has been suggested before, and it is a good idea, and I also like the tool crafting idea, but the chrome content in rubies is sufficient, particularly if Greg adds Fornacite as a lead-chrome ore. However, the buildcraft engines are unlikely to ever be used, as BC energy generation is fairly easily done with steam, preferably from a thermal boiler, or perhaps a steam-ouputting nuclear reactor. As for plasma engines...honestly, at that level of technological advancement, it is hard to imagine what you could possibly need that much energy for.

• That's true.
    Also, I think that a higher tier version of the rock cutter would be nice, say a laser cutter? It would be just like the rock cutter, but MUCH faster, and using 1-2 mining lasers and a data control circuit, essentially being the counterpart to the iridium drill.

• i think that gregtech needs a way to mine ores automatically, but i want something that doesnt have to be set up again and again by hand... i really liked the rp2 tunnel bore thingies but its outdated and now i have to get anternative... a laser cutter is a good idea, but i wont like to use 2 lasers for it, i would like to have both connected so left click silk touches and rightclick shoots lasers id also like to have new laser modes like attack mode that doesnt destroy and blocks.. oh yeah and please add sone kind of marble to replace the rp2 ones... next thing: more mobs i would really like to fight some new mobs maybe some of them which are designed to keep me indoor at night... MinecraftGhast maybe even mobs that drain voltage XD

• i think that gregtech needs a way to mine ores automatically, but i want something that doesnt have to be set up again and again by hand... i really liked the rp2 tunnel bore thingies but its outdated and now i have to get anternative... a laser cutter is a good idea, but i wont like to use 2 lasers for it, i would like to have both connected so left click silk touches and rightclick shoots lasers id also like to have new laser modes like attack mode that doesnt destroy and blocks.. oh yeah and please add sone kind of marble to replace the rp2 ones... next thing: more mobs i would really like to fight some new mobs maybe some of them which are designed to keep me indoor at night... MinecraftGhast maybe even mobs that drain voltage XD

Automining is not planned and will not be coming soon, especially silk-touch automining (which is denied and will never be implemented in the forseeable future).

Entities are planned and will probably come "after Stargates" aka Soon (TM).

Marble - Nether Quartz/Railcraft Quarried Stone/Construction Foam

• You mean consume steam, to generate EU, giving the steel-bronze coal boilers utility after the bronze age.

No, the other way around: apply an upgrade to diesel/semifluid/whatever generator and receive steam instead of EU. Though as long as GT pipes aren't really comparable in terms of energy throughput vs cables it wouldn't really make much sense to move from EU to steam in the whole workshop.

Though some smallish steam-powered EU producer would be nice as well. Perhaps using steam from two high-pressure boilers to output at a bit less than 2 steam->1 EU to prevent people spamming them. Perhaps even make it possible to create them without steel so we could use them to recharge bronze jackhammer without having to spend a ton of redstone :)

• Official Post

Suggestion: Force charcoal to be made in a blast furnace only, then make charcoal dust usable for carbon plates and stuff. Charcoal IRL has a purer carbon content then most coal :P

• Automining is not planned and will not be coming soon, especially silk-touch automining (which is denied and will never be implemented in the forseeable future).

Entities are planned and will probably come "after Stargates" aka Soon (TM).

Marble - Nether Quartz/Railcraft Quarried Stone/Construction Foam

i didnt mean to use it for building, i want to centrifuge it, is quarried Stone really marble?? isnt that granite??

• Official Post

i didnt mean to use it for building, i want to centrifuge it, is quarried Stone really marble?? isnt that granite??

Well, it is white and abyssal stone is like basalt.
    Both are replacements for RedPower's Marble and Basalt.

• Suggestion: Force charcoal to be made in a blast furnace only, then make charcoal dust usable for carbon plates and stuff. Charcoal IRL has a purer carbon content then most coal :P

Or make people construct charcoal pits (like in terrafirmacraft) as a multiblock structure to produce charcoal, but have it be extremely slow.

• Official Post

Or make people construct charcoal pits (like in terrafirmacraft) as a multiblock structure to produce charcoal, but have it be extremely slow.

Pretty sure the closest to that right now is a coke oven, which isn't that expensive at all really.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Pretty sure the closest to that right now is a coke oven, which isn't that expensive at all really.

Depends at which point you are in the game ... and at least it's pretty slow, which would complicate automation ;)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!