[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• My suggestion based on playing the modpack and GregTech 5 is that there could be some sort of weird form of energy from stainless steel age, railcraft boilers are currently the form of energy we use, but they require steel and the next big step would be to nuclear power. I'm putting it blunt, my friend made a notion when I was talking about this feedback post that currently the gregtech solars aren't there.

He also likes oil and liquids as much as we all do- but oil rarely gets used. We did use it a bit in the start, but our bio-steam plant replaced that need entirely, why not use oil as in real world in CSP power production? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_thermal_energy

Here's some compressed documentation of our progression in FTB Resurrection beta:
    http://i.imgur.com/aFjuath.png
    http://i.imgur.com/mvrDqLx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BXZz7HS.png

http://i.imgur.com/tHmiFqH.png

Edited once, last by Chocomaca: for some more clarification ().

• how so? it is a GT suggestion, so it belongs here(and, btw, GT should really get a forum secttion for suggestions)

EDIT: and it was posted here the first time anyway.

EDIT II.:

He also likes oil and liquids as much as we all do- but oil rarely gets used. We did use it a bit in the start, but our bio-steam plant replaced that need entirely, why not use oil as in real world in CSP power production? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_thermal_energy

That sounds a bit like rotary craft's solar power, which also melts sand and cobble to glas/lava when you have to many mirrors around the tower, might be a nice idea to have in the GT version as well(without the lava, that would be OP).

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• If the pipe system is shutter based, can we have cheaper and smaller shutters? Now shutters on pipes looks ugly. Or may be just remove shutters as covers and bring to the pipes shutter functionality by default? Since shutters is must have anyway.

• If the pipe system is shutter based, can we have cheaper and smaller shutters? Now shutters on pipes looks ugly. Or may be just remove shutters as covers and bring to the pipes shutter functionality by default? Since shutters is must have anyway.

What about Valve Pipes instead? Made of a pipe, a plate and a few levers maybe and closing/opening on redstone signal or rightclick. Maybe even allowing to regulate the amount of fluid coming through.

• What about Valve Pipes instead? Made of a pipe, a plate and a few levers maybe and closing/opening on redstone signal or rightclick. Maybe even allowing to regulate the amount of fluid coming through.

If it is valves, they should be covers so that you can make every pipe a valve pipe and you don't have to plan out how many valve pipes youmake(or there are valve pipes and valve covers) - so you basically place a cover on the side of a pipe, and then you can toggle fluid flow(or a valve pipe where you can disable all fluid flow through it, and a valve cover that only toggles flow through one side)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• Also more modern construction matterial woud be nice. Like plastic doors and windows.

And since liquids are now significant part of crafting we need something like liquid routrer wich will prowide certain liquid to certain sides. It might be cover wich allow to go though only specified liquids. Or liquid detector which will detect presents of certain liquid in pipe and open certain shutter. Something. Because one machine can have different output so you have no choice. Or have a machine per each, or rearange the system manualy.

Another suggestion - fluid extraction button for all machines with liquid output input. It will put inputed liquid in output tank if it is empty.

• As a real live electrician i would love to see some devices to controll you Powerflow

Resistor bank

A easy to craft Block that got an input and an output face.
    it limits the current that can flow through it.
    You can set the Ressistance with a rubber hammer.
    The Power loss of the Block is calculated by the R.
    Higher R -> allows less Amps to flow through
    Higher R -> got a higher Voltage drop

Motor protection switch
    Their really common irl
    They break the Circuit in case of to much Amps flowing through them
    The special part about them is. You can set the trigger current, just like irl.
    they can get usefull in case of Multiblock structures, that start to consume more Amps because of requierd maintenance.
    Just like in real life, you have to reset them manually once they triggert.

3. Amp detection cover.
    messures the current flowing through the attached cable
    got 2 modes.
    1. Mode 1 Redstone strengh per Amp
    2. Mode 1 Redstone strengh per 2 Amps

thanks for reading :)

• that would be unrealistic. maybe instead one could combine pipes and (smaller) cables?

• at least on thhe smaller pipes, pumps definitely fit - and my point was that greg wouldn't implement something so totally unrealistic like sorting machines running of thin air. like i said, the covers would actually fit. Something that comes to my mind right now: when you have pipes with cables on them, you can have the conveyor/pump/robotic arm/whatever else use electricity.

• Covers are complitely abstraction. Like all the stuff basicly. It is only reference to real thing. Why do not sacrifice some pseudo realistic things in order to make things more convinient? Or it is just not style of gregtech? We can place some redstone in recipe to justify the thing. Like pistons moving without electricity.

• As i got it, there are 2 major goals of GT: Realism and Complexity. So complex circuits used to sort items will most likely never run of thin air.

• Official Post

Grag. Now that you've added bedrock ores for the purpose of under bedrock mining operations, what about adding "hot bedrock" blocks for areas that are supposedly geothermally active?
    I still want my realistic geothermal that needs such places to work and would put out a decent amount of power.

• and then maybe some sort of world generation(like huge lava bubbles) st the respective coord in the nether?

• GREG
    This is not a suggestion. This is a demand.
    Granite is on average 14% Alumina and 72% Silica
    The Earth's crust is on average 16% Alumina and 60% Silica.
    This means that you need to 1. Provide a way to break down stone dust into various components 2. Have different ratios for different kind of stone 3. Let us get our fucking aluminium from stone already 4. Let us get our silicon from stone as well 5. Disable stone -> sand 6. Let us create glass from purified silicon (although you can leave sand -> glass because we assume minecraft sand is quartz sand).
    Next implement the Hall–Héroult process and let us create aluminium PROPERLY.
    That means melting it and electrolyzing it to separate the oxygen from the alluminium, as well as letting us disolve Alumina in molten cryolite and also adding some Aluminium fluoride to lower the melting point to more reasonable points.
    Once you have pure aluminium you don't need no blast furnace, just a hot enough regular furnace.
    And you will do all this properly for GregTech 6, or I will bite you repeatedly with my bunny fangs and then force you to do it anyway.

• As i got it, there are 2 major goals of GT: Realism and Complexity. So complex circuits used to sort items will most likely never run of thin air.

Its not realism. It is just realated to real things. If it is realism, why do you use Tin rotors in turbines? Do you think it can handle it? Why conveyour covers dont use energy if it attached to pipes? Why do we even use pipes to tranfer items in the first place? Why not conveyour blocks? Why not make conveyor block which will behave as cable but will also transfer item? And complexity is not equal pain in the backside and mess.

Also please make higher tier generators more efficent than lower tier. Otherwise where is not point of technologicaly advancement. Its also more realistic if you care about it. Higher technology == higher efficency. Leave gain of generator the same for each tier but make higher efficency. Just a suggestion.