[ADDON] [1.7.2] CompactWindmills

• Official Post

The thing with the spinning animation is not my part (no code, only a few .png files and a text file and that's it). I'm simply not able to make cool textures.
    What I will do before that is the BC output (I think) and what i will also modt definitely do before that is making the windmills rotatable with a wrench.
    BTW: You wrote you 1.000st post in my thread :)

Also: Right now, there is only one rotor, but there will be some more.
    And the rotor right now lasts like 5 days (10000000 ticks), but that will change.

:O 1,000 Posts :D
    Also, i can do texturez if u wantz
    Apparently im a popular Sprite Artist 8|

• Official Post

I'm his (apparently too retarded to correctly quote) spriter and actually working on the animation atm ;D

Thank The mighty Dragon lord, i opened the texture Folder in this, SO MANY INDIVIDUAL TEXTURES ARRR xD

• I'd also suggest to add compatibility with GT :)
    I'd say you need 5 differents rotor:
    Wooden one (if you really want it ^^): low output (30%), low duration bar(10%), but it's renewable and insanely cheap (although, it should be usable by a lower-tier-than-normal windmill. But it should also produce something only mechanical, like BC energy, so ...
    Refined Iron: Normal output (50%) and normal duration (70%)
    Aluminium (GT): High output (90%), medium-low duration (30%) (so Aluminium would worth less EU than Refined Iron, but at a higher rate)
    Titanium: High output (95%), High duration (80%).
    Advanced Alloy Rotor: Low Output (35%), infinite duration.
    Carbon Plate: Max output (100%), medium duration (50%)

While I'm at it, I'd also suggest you to make your addon more like Advanced Solar Pannels than Compact Solar. Or even better, instead of making one expensive generator, what about making MultiBlock Structures (like GT one, but that would be a single column, like 10 high for the smallest windmill, and 50 for the highest) ? That wouldn't be that hard to do, and wouldn't be laggy (since it would just be one generator checking for 10-50 blocks above it, and as it could be checked like every 5 minutes).
    Moreover, the main point of that suggestion is to make windmills more "realistic", and less exploitable, so wouldn't try to do anything with that ^^^

Edit: Oh, and BTW, don't forget configs :D

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I think you should have a config to disable rotor requirement, to make them work like standard IC2 windmills. And if you make a fancy multiblock structure, please make it a config, too.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

I personally won't add anything GregTech-related to the addon, because on the servers I play, GregTech isn't installed, so I don't really know if it's balanced or not. But the mod is open source, which means if anyone wants ro add something like that, he can and I will accept the PR, but I won't do anything like that myself. (At least not in the near future!!!)

• Official Post

This may be already planned, but windmill blades rotating in front of the block would be awesome. Like RedPower2 ones, but bigger as the tier of windmill increases.
    Blades would look different depending on type of rotor and spin faster as the wind increases (energy output).

• No, I won't add anything recipe-related to the config file.
    However, I have something in mind to change the output in the config option.

Could you then add a second set of recipes that are much more expensive? Your current recipes are a serious joke. 4 Windmills + 1 Transformer Upgrade is nothing. Needs at least Iridium Plates for every further tier to tie it, the rotors need to break faster and a wooden rotor is a joke, too. Maybe you could add a set of Gregtech enhanced recipes, a little something like this :

Lv Windmill :

S W S
    W E W
    S W S

S = Steel Plate
    W = Windmill
    E = Energyflow Circuit

MV Windmill

T T T
    W I W
    T T T

T = Titanium Plate
    W = LV Windmill
    I = Iridium Ingot

HV Windmill :

TS TS TS
    H W H
    TS TS TS

TS = Tungstensteel Plate
    H = Highly Advanced Machineblock
    W = MV Windmill

EV Windmill :

SC S I
    C W C
    I S SC

I = Iridium Plate
    S = Superconductor
    C = Gregtech Computercube
    W = HV Windmill
    SC = Supercondensator

That would be nice and would allow people that like challenge to also use it :)

Also, if the mod author doesnt want to do it, Greg, could you please do something like this?

• Official Post

Could you then add a second set of recipes that are much more expensive? Your current recipes are a serious joke. 4 Windmills + 1 Transformer Upgrade is nothing. Needs at least Iridium Plates for every further tier to tie it, the rotors need to break faster and a wooden rotor is a joke, too. Maybe you could add a set of Gregtech enhanced recipes, a little something like this

GregTech itself already nerfes the Windmill recipe in particular, base of compact windmills.
    Same thing happens with compact solars, as the solar panel recipe is now more expensive.

Compact windmills and Compact solars are not meant to be "expensive", just a way to reduce lagness of tons of generators.

May i suggest adding tiers to rotors?
    For example tier 1 rotor (ultra low voltage) requires 2 material items,T2 requires 4, T3 requires 8, tier 4 16 and tier 5 32.
    [Achieved by combining two of previous tier to make the next one]
    Rotor durability increase 20% base per tier. T1 2 days, T2 2d + 9,6h , T3 2d + 19,2h , T4 3d + 4,8h, T5 4days

Edit: Your wind generation code is "failing", i can generate 170 EU/t near bedrock using a EV windmill and a rotor while it has 9000+ obstructions around.

To make it more precise, please DO use IC² wind formula as base :
    Generation = WindStrength * (Height - 64 - Obstruction blocks) / 750 * Weather Value
    Wind Strength values from 0 to 30,
    Obstruction block is any block within the detection area, you may exclude cables from this calculation somehow,
    Weather value is 1,2 if raining and 1,5 if rain + thunderstorm.

ULV windmills, which are 4 windmills would generate 4 times a normal windmill would do.
    LV windmills, would generate 16 times a normal windmill would do.
    MV windmills, 64 times.
    HV, 256x
    EV, 1024x

• Could you please add a license to the github source so it can be clear whether this can be redistributed or not.

Just too much fun... GregTech...