[Addon v2.0.288+] Advanced Reactors is shutting down

• Official Post

Note that Galena Ore is very common. It has a Spawn Rate of 3xGold, but can only be processed via Electrolyzer.

Or Blast furnace

• Official Post

Note that Galena Ore is very common. It has a Spawn Rate of 3xGold, but can only be processed via Electrolyzer.

Blast furnace is more efficient.
    2 galena dust -> 1 ingot of each.
    2 galena dust on electrolyzer gives 3/4 dust of each and 1/2 sulfur (sulfur is pretty much useless)

• Note that Galena Ore is very common. It has a Spawn Rate of 3xGold, but can only be processed via Electrolyzer.

Did you change this? because in the older version 2.90 or something, I only got like 3-4 stacks per 64x64 quarry from height 70 ish..

• I noticed a bug, should be fairly easily replicatable. Break a reactor before you have removed all the of the chambers.\

Edit: Cannot repeat this actually, if it happens again ill get a crash log. Forgot to get one last time :(

• Before I install one of these fancy reactors in my world, can I expect the heat generated to be the same as a normal reactor (just less/more slots)? I'm using Greg's reactor planner for testing.

• Things should all work as expected however gregs planner cannot account for the extra slots the new reactors use, as well as the effect the chambers have. I would suggest disabling gregs reactor planner with this mod installed and go back to pen and paper.

• Things should all work as expected however gregs planner cannot account for the extra slots the new reactors use, as well as the effect the chambers have. I would suggest disabling gregs reactor planner with this mod installed and go back to pen and paper.

Of course, I was just asking if any calculations were different. I'm assuming I can use the planner for anything smaller.

I'm having a crash and world lock from breaking (by hand) a copper reactor chamber attached to a T2 reactor.
    Crash

EDIT: I know what's causing it; it's when you break the REACTOR with chambers attached to it. I don't think it knows what to do to the orphan chambers (like how Ic2's pops them off).

• Thats the bug i had earlier. After it happened once i could not get the bloody thing to repeat so i could get a log. :D

Edit: Also to clarify yes you can use the planner for these just fine.
    Some additional calculations may be required to account for some of the extra chambers abilities however.

• I apologize for the excessive delay.

Updated to Minecraft 1.5.2, IC2 327

I noticed a bug, should be fairly easily replicatable. Break a reactor before you have removed all the of the chambers.\

EDIT: I know what's causing it; it's when you break the REACTOR with chambers attached to it. I don't think it knows what to do to the orphan chambers (like how Ic2's pops them off).

These two reports are in fact just a stupid little bug I made, sorry. Its fixed in alpha 6. The reactor chambers were trying ask their reactor core if they should drop - but the reactor core didn't exist, that's where the NPE came from. Reactor chambers will drop if their reactor core disappears or if they are in an invalid configuration (multiple cores).

One of the previous requests for easier use on lead has been implemented. If you are using lead plates instead of copper plates for reactor chambers, there is now a config option that makes dense lead plates require 4 lead (normal lead plates if GT is installed) instead of 8.

Things should all work as expected however gregs planner cannot account for the extra slots the new reactors use, as well as the effect the chambers have.

Yes. Components have not changed, so heat and energy production will be calculated correctly. However total space will not be and also reactor meltdown will be off as advanced reactors tend to have higher heat tolerance and can last longer (not all of them).

Once again I apologize for the delay.

• I would love to see something to replenish LZH/RZH/QZH? condensers via pumping the required materials into a machine that attaches to the side of your reactors.

• I would love to see something to replenish LZH/RZH/QZH? condensers via pumping the required materials into a machine that attaches to the side of your reactors.

Having to manually recharge those is an intended function of IC2. That being said, I found a request on a different thread for a machine that could replicate reactor layouts and as an unintended side effect it would probably end up replacing damage condensators - this device is something I am considering adding.

• The reason I am hoping someone will do something like this (Immbis had but has been removed) is because any form of LZH is basicly useless, low power outputs may as well just been cooled passively and the high power ones require such precise timing that they are almost impossible to do without such a huge variety of mods in combination that things become ridiculous.

That coupled with the fact that they are resource intensive to run makes them a choice to avoid nearly all the time.

• Some problems in the Alpha 6 version (not sure if they were present before since Alpha 6 is the first version I've tried):

1. Any type of reactor plating does not work as intended in your reactors. It does add the extra heat capacity, but it keeps adding it again every second. This is evident with a panel from nuclear control, which shows the values for max heat and meltdown constantly increasing. Similarly, when removing the plating the extra heat capacity is not reduced back to normal values. To ensure that the problem was not with the info panel, I tested the reactor itself by removing all heat plating and letting it heat up with a few plutonium quad packs. It was able to far exceed the normal heat maximums without it exploding. When exiting and reloading the world, the max heat and meltdown values return to normal: the test reactor exploded immediately on world load.

2. Another bug regarding temperature. If a reactor heats up past 32767 heat, it loops back around to -32768. Are you using a short to store heat values for your reactor? This causes effects such as high-temperature breeders not being able to reach their intended operating temperture, and the ability to safely run a high power reactor with no cooling whatsoever.

3. Not quite a bug, but perhaps an unintended behavior due to the way Greg changed Thorium. From what I can tell, ender chambers only vent heat when the reactor produced heat during the previous reactor tick. Thorium cells, however, only produce heat every 5th tick (or 2/5 and 4/5 for dual and quad thorium cells). This results in the ender chamber effectively venting significantly less heat for thorium-only reactors, as low as 6.4 average heat per reactor tick if only single cells are used. This would be easiest to fix by simply letting ender chambers vent their heat every second regardless of whether heat was produced the preceding second. This would also make ender chambers more effective for MK. V reactors (where they're also less effective than normal due to being off for some portion of the time). Personally I don't see why they wouldn't simply vent heat every second, regardless of whether the reactor is producing heat or is even on, but maybe there's a design consideration you have that I'm not thinking about.

Edit: I should probably add that I definitely tested issue 1 with normal IC2 reactors, and I think I tested issue 2 as well, and did not have either problem with the classic reactor.

• Updated to alpha 7

Any type of reactor plating does not work as intended in your reactors. It does add the extra heat capacity, but it keeps adding it again every second.

Yup, this was me failing to understand the intricacies of reactor plates. Heat calculations are fixed now. One thing I did notice is Nuclear Control sometimes reports the wrong maxheat (for one second only) when turning the reactor off, it doesn't cause a problem it goes right back to normal on the next update - nothing will explode.

Another bug regarding temperature. If a reactor heats up past 32767 heat, it loops back around to -32768. Are you using a short to store heat values for your reactor?

Yup, I changed it to an int, I didn't realize you get the maxheat that high.

From what I can tell, ender chambers only vent heat when the reactor produced heat during the previous reactor tick

You have it right here, this is programmed as intended and the recent changes Greg made to thorium are kind of unexpected. The code behind the chamber is actually to emit heat every tick when energy is produced, not heat (although that's not really much different), and since thorium only outputs energy every fifth tick the chamber only works every fifth tick. Fixing this would require me to make the chamber vent heat every tick (as you suggested) regardless of energy production which is OP as you can just turn your reactor off and it will cool back down to 0 on its own (and quite fast I might add).

All that being said, the easiest "fix" would be to put a single uranium cell somewhere in your reactor. The resultant heat will make little to no difference and the reactor will be considered "on" at all times. This thorium discovery you have made makes me think the ender chambers are too powerful as-is. I might be making them more expensive soon (cause really, they're quite cheap right now).

That coupled with the fact that they are resource intensive to run makes them a choice to avoid nearly all the time.

I agree, thats why I don't use condensators in my reactors. They're designed to be high maintenance and I want to respect the IC2 model with my condensator.

• In a7, all 3 tiers of reactor have the same initial max heat values (the default 10k). In a6 they had different values when initially placed but would revert to 10k on exit and reload, but now they show 10k right from the start.

Heat still loops after 32k, but only when there's a component in the reactor that removes heat from the reactor itself (reactor heat vent, overclocked heat vent, heat exchanger, advanced heat exchanger, and reactor heat exchanger, and also the ender chamber). With the ender chamber, it loops to 0, but in the other cases it loops to -32k.

Edit: I agree that ender chambers are a bit cheap for how good they are. I would suggest making another item crafted with end stone and some expensive stuff, and replace end stone in your current recipe with the new new item. Could even make it a new component, maybe an ender heat vent that removes X heat directly from the reactor and then cools itself by the same amount. I'd suggest 15 or lower.

• Just an update that I wanted to post here: Advanced Reactors has been accepted into a mod testing server for some other not-so-big-name mods. I will be field testing more extensively with several other modders/youtubers on the server which will hopefully give me the extra boost I need to fix the last remaining bugs. It also means that a mod spotlight may be in the works (due to technical limitations, I may not be able to record videos, but others can - I will keep you posted). I am also looking forward to review and scrutiny from other mod developers and hope it will help to add better content.

Also,

In a7, all 3 tiers of reactor have the same initial max heat values (the default 10k)

I'm still trying to figure out what I did to break this.

Heat still loops after 32k, but only when there's a component in the reactor that removes heat from the reactor itself

Yeah there was a casting error that I missed when I fixed the 32K max heat bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

• is there some setups that will produce more EU/t with these using 15 uranium cell setups ? as a Mark 1 reactor?

The mod's tier 3 reactor has more slots than a normal ic2 reactor, and there are also chambers that provide additional cooling. So yes, you will be able to make a higher-output MK I reactor with this mod than you could in vanilla IC2. If that's what your question was.

• Found another bug: QZH condensators stop functioning after absorbing only 999 heat, making them pretty useless (well, even more useless than condensators usually are). Their durability bars are still nearly full at this point (they've absorbed 2% of their maximum heat), but they stop getting damaged and all the heat they were formerly absorbing goes straight to the reactor, leading quickly to a meltdown. I tested to ensure this wasn't just an error with the durability value not being properly displayed (the AR website suggests that this is the case).

Also, not sure if this is intended: your QZH condensator durability is equal to the heat it has absorbed, so 233 heat would be :233. The vanilla IC2 ones work differently in this regard - they change their metadata value so that after absorbing their maximum amount of heat they're at :9999, so for LZH it's about 10 heat per durability value. It looks like all the reactor components have values from 0-9999 for metadata regardless of their total heat capacity, probably to simplify the code for heat exchangers. But since heat exchangers can't take heat away from condensators, it probably doesn't matter in this case.