[Addon v2.0.288+] Advanced Reactors is shutting down

• Official Post

What we need to get way cooler than Extra Bees and Trees ... NUCLEAR TRANSMUTATION :D
    It's not really the case atm though, it's just some more components.

Nuclear Transmutation = Extremely controled fusion reactor, where you insert hydrogen and increase pressure and energy until you obtain the element you want.

• Nuclear Transmutation = Extremely controled fusion reactor, where you insert hydrogen and increase pressure and energy until you obtain the element you want.

Nope, that is the not cool way. The cool way is: Use random radioactive components and mess with them to try to get the one you want using Fissions, radioactive decaying and rarely fusions. A lot funnier to play with ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• My Server was crashing after we added heat vents to Ender Chambers

Same problem here. Broke my test world in singleplayer when doing this using same versions of IC2, forge, and this mod. Happens with every chamber I tested.

• with AdvancedReactors-1.5.2_alpha8.jar I get a sound crash every time a reactor finishes its life cycle

• With IC2 build 297, I get this crash.

Can't even place a Fuel Rod inside the nuclear reactor, the crash happened as soon as I placed it.

• Also with this mod installed the MFR laser is uncraftable as it needs an IC2 nuclear chamber, and does not recognize your recipe? Couldn't you do like GT and just change the recipe for the chamber without disabling the IC2 one and adding a new one?

• So.... It's no surprise to anyone that I have been absent for some time now. Real life has a way of getting in the way of things like minecraft and minecraft modding. I have several other more important projects going on (none of them minecraft) that have been taking up my time.

It should also be no surprise that IC2 has been updating for over a month now and I have been unable to keep up with it. I have been looking at the errors that have been appearing lately and I can see they are all caused by incompatibility with recent IC2 updates (because I was not around to update).

I have received a lot of praise from the community for the work that I did and I really appreciate it, you are all great. Every time I read that someone wanted to use my mod or enjoyed using my mod I felt accomplished. But I will be unable to continue development in line with the pace of IC2.

With all that said, I have been talking with some of the IC2 team about the possibility of open sourcing Advanced Reactors. The code uses some of the IC2 internal reactor algorithms (for compatibility reasons) so I have to check with them regarding their copyright before any code is released. It may not be possible, we will see. If it is not possible I would like to find another modder that could keep Advanced Reactors moving forward without me. I know that not only have the updates been terribly slow, but there have not been any major features added in quite some time now.

While I am awaiting word from the IC2 team about open sourcing, any modder interested in taking over can pm me and we can talk about code. I have been having trouble with notifications on this forum so you can also try to pm me on the MC forum (user is ProgrammerHero).

• Noooo please!
    But RL is more important you are right, sadly...
    Well, have fun with your other projects then ;(
    - Shad0w

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Official Post

unofficial update by me, it shouldn't crash with IC2_exp 345
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nay…actors-1.0.5-IC2E-345.jar

Cool :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• it works fine i am using over 110mods including lastest IC2_E, if you get crash put log somewhere and i'll try fix it,
    i updated it for me and some of my friends becouse of constant crash on our LAN world, and i decided to share it with IC community, only change i made is an api update which was a reason of crash

• Question, either i missed it when reading or its not referenced, but what happens to existing reactors that have been placed when this mod is added?

• I did have a discussion with another modder and handed over some code so it looks like progress will continue. When things start moving again, I will update this thread with the new information.

• I did have a discussion with another modder and handed over some code so it looks like progress will continue. When things start moving again, I will update this thread with the new information.

LinusPhoenix. :P

• Oh man... What did they do to minecraft? I've looked into 1.7.2 coding a while ago and it is horrible. I prefer to use deobfuscated code... But now I understand that so many mods are not updated yet. Maybe the person responsible for updating this at the moment has the same problem.
    -Shadow

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)