Rubberized Pipes / Waterproofing recipie

• Due to an unfortunate serve side issue, my clans private server was reset. The new seed was rather harsh on us as much of the explored area is either ocean or something snowy. This has been difficult because many of us used cactus to make waterproof pipe and now we are forced to use bee's wax (MindCrack Server). During these troubles it came to me during a day long and fruitless hunt for cactus..."why can't I just water proof my pipes with rubber??"

The suggestion is simple, add a recipe to allow rubber to be used as an ingredient for Waterproof Pipes. Please??

• I concur with Sinnaj, especially considering that the Mindcrack pack contains Thermal Expansion, why don't you guys use Liquiducts? Granted they require a little extra infrastructure to make, but they are superior to Buildcraft pipes, especially when it comes to capacity and transfer rate.

Honestly, the only reason I keep Buildcraft around now is for fuel in the Railcraft Liquid Fueled Steam Boilers.

• The problem is your assuming enough infrastructure to get limitless obsidian or the intent to use it in all situations. Yes Liquiduct is excellent, but in many cases it is unnecessary whey you just need a shot to mid distance link with a low flow. In this case a simple stone waterproof pipe is more then enough.

• Or the old traditional 2 lava + 2 water + 1 tin recipe!
    (2 lava cells + 2 water cells)

Which nobody use because of these 2 Lava sources and this tin. Everyone is a Tin Pincher, it seems.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Which nobody use because of these 2 Lava sources and this tin. Everyone is a Tin Pincher, it seems.

I used to use that back in Beta 1.8, because I couldn't find any darn diamonds.

This is totally invalidated in most multi-mod setups now, with Thermal Expansion and/or GregTech.

• Suddenly, everyone went off topic. I would personally like this tweak. Just because you don't personally use buildcraft, doesn't mean that it can't be included for the people who do use BC.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Suddenly, everyone went off topic. I would personally like this tweak. Just because you don't

Suddenly, everyone went off topic. I would personally like this tweak. Just because you don't personally use buildcraft, doesn't mean that it can't be included for the people who do use BC.

But its not just "you personally", nobody here uses Buildcrash!

• Official Post

But its not just "you personally", nobody here uses Buildcrash!

I do, but only for Forestry, Thermal Expansion and BC Tools :P

• You forgot about oil. That's one of many reasons I use BuildCraft.

And about the suggestion itself: you lack cacti/wax and have lots of rubber? I often have opposite problems...

• You forgot about oil. That's one of many reasons I use BuildCraft.

And about the suggestion itself: you lack cacti/wax and have lots of rubber? I often have opposite problems...

Oil is the only reason I use BuildCraft. Even with Thermal Expansion and Railcraft installed.