Reactor Planer App [v0990]

• Sweet! Thanky you very much, this is a really neat program, works like a charm now!

Thanks, but keep in mind that until the next version the errors silentdeth addressed are still included.. so heat-derivators are actually not working correct :( I fixed that issue already but im still in the process to rework the overall model

• could you add a way to simulate running a reactor on a "duty cycle" (aka 100 ticks on 50 ticks off repeating). also a way to autopause at a set number of ticks (or make the next tick button be multiplied by the runspeed) this would help with making my MK3B-DCE (duty cycle eternal). Im guessing water/ice/lava are already in the pipeline?

• i dont think the reactor cooling is counted with the calculations, only in the statesticks
    when i have a excess heat at -X the reator keep getting hotter

• Official Post

Unless the nukers ingame react different each time you setup the same setup. the tool is not calcing right..

I just fed the tool a setup i've used and monitered ingame, and it burned through 2 cooling cells and used bout 1/5th of a plate, left 4 plates intact, but melted down to 10 % of the rest of the heat disps, and cooling cells.

The tool is in great conflict!

I've tried the setup with using tmi, and doing it with makeing all the cells, and putting the mats through the normal processes etc.. Same result twice..

• Hmm, something isn't quite right with v990's loading/saving feature. It will save and load fine, but you cannot run a simulation of a loaded reactor design.

• I don't know if you already know this or not, but your IHD heat sharing algorithm is wrong. It seems to only move 6 heat total between the 4 surrounding cells, balancing like 2 heat here and 3 heat there. But I checked the source code for IC2, and it will move 6 heat into or out of each surrounding cell, independent of the other cells, so one IHD can suck up 24 heat a tick, and spit it to the hull, whereas in your model, it can only pull in 6 a tick. Turns one of my mark2 designs into a mark3/4 in the planner.

But I checked the source code for IC2, and it will move 6 heat into or out of each surrounding cell, independent of the other cells, so one IHD can suck up 24 heat a tick, and spit it to the hull

Hmmm. And is it intended?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I would assume so, otherwise there is little reason for the IHD to be able to move 25 heat a tick to the hull(6 a sec from all surrounding cells = 24 heat in/out, then put it into/pull it from the hull). Other thing i've noticed, the planner seems to think the U-cells will last 20X as long as they should... they should be dead in 10,000 reactor ticks(or seconds)

• Oh, so it makes the HD's about 20% cooler! I thought it can redistribute only 6 h/t...

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I would assume so, otherwise there is little reason for the IHD to be able to move 25 heat a tick to the hull(6 a sec from all surrounding cells = 24 heat in/out, then put it into/pull it from the hull). Other thing i've noticed, the planner seems to think the U-cells will last 20X as long as they should... they should be dead in 10,000 reactor ticks(or seconds)

Shouldn't the U-cells last 200.000 ticks = 10.000 seconds?
    I think it is 20 ticks per second...

• Shouldn't the U-cells last 200.000 ticks = 10.000 seconds?
    I think it is 20 ticks per second...

20 GAME ticks. This simulator is running on REACTOR ticks, which is one every second :D

Edit: Yeah, simulator indeed thinks the Uran cells lasts 200k ticks ?(

Edit2: Are heat derivators SUPPOSED to hold infinite amounts of heat? They sure don't in-game...

• Oh, so it makes the HD's about 20% cooler! I thought it can redistribute only 6 h/t...

Please don't bring silly Memes into this and use the correct percentages, this is nuclear fission mechanics we are talking about here!

• 20 GAME ticks. This simulator is running on REACTOR ticks, which is one every second :D

Edit: Yeah, simulator indeed thinks the Uran cells lasts 200k ticks ?(

Edit2: Are heat derivators SUPPOSED to hold infinite amounts of heat? They sure don't in-game...

Okay, then i think we have a wording issue, because i thought that Alblaka wrote in his tutorial 20 TICKS(game) would be 1 PULSE(reactor).

(Okay, i just looked it up, he wrote the following:

A single uranium cell will "pulse" once. Pulses mean energy and heat production. Generally, all uranium cells will pulse at once every few moments (to be exact, once every second), which is called the "Reactor Pulse/Tick".
    Each pulse will produce 100 EU, spread over 1 second (20 ticks)

• They don't : they can hold up to 10.000 heat

No, in the app they drain heat WAY above that...

But OFC I know they melt ingame, already had that shit ya know :S
    Edit: Or maybe that was because reactor reached melting point? Meh, dunno...

• I love this app, but I tried saving and opening a design, and that went fine, but when I tried to run the saved design, I get this error:

Is the saving and loading system not fully worked out yet? I saw someone else in the thread had a problem with loading too.