[AddOn v1.90] Charging Bench v1.90-1

• Official Post

Name: Charging Bench
    Summary: A 12-slot work bench that can charge all your tools or batteries at once.

Description
    Adds the brand new Charging Bench, an electric machine with 12 charging slots for all your tools,batteries, and anything else you can stuff in the top slot of a batbox. Comes in three varieties, one for each tier. It's even smart enough to unstack batteries if you place them into it stacked! Plus, if it's redstone powered, it'll reverse operation and discharge batteries to emit power instead.

Upgrades
    Charging Benches now work with upgrade components!

• Overclocker upgrade - Allows the bench to go through multiple charge/discharge cycles per tick, effectively going beyond normal transfer limits. The effect is calculated using the usual ratio, then rounded to the nearest integer. Like other machines, overclockers get increasing returns to the point of ridiculousness after a certain point. Of course, it can still only charge with the energy it's got, so you'll probably want to invest in storage and transformer upgrades, too! Example multipliers:
      0 upgrades - 1x
      1 upgrade - 1x (it rounded down)
      2 upgrades - 2x
      3 upgrades - 3x
      4 upgrades - 4x
      5 upgrades - 6x
      6 upgrades - 8x
      16 upgrades (max for charging benches) - 301x (enough to charge quantum armor in 4 ticks!)
    • Energy storage upgrade - Adds 10,000 EU storage per upgrade, to a maximum of however many you can stuff in there. Great for setting up burst charging without having to hook fifty MFSUs to your bench.
    • Transformer upgrade - Increases the tier of the charging bench for all purposes except outputting energy. That means that you can make your Mk1 charging bench accept HV (or even EV and beyond!) and charge and discharge lapotron crystals! The only difference between a Mk3 bench and an upgraded Mk1 (besides the Mk3 having a slightly higher base energy storage) is that the Mk1 will still only generate one 32 EU packet per tick when redstone powered, allowing it to remain safe to use in an LV environment.

Video
    IndustrialCraft Charging Bench Review! by Kane Hart

Recipes

Screenshots

Installation
    Just put it in your mods folder.

Version History
    Previous versions are now available in an old version archive.

• 1.90-1
      Update to IC2 1.90
    • 1.81-1
      Update to IC2 1.81
    • 1.71-1
      Fixed using energy crystals and lapotron crystals in the input slot.
      Implement upgrade slots.
      Restored per-item transfer limits, since overclockers are now available to work around them.
    • 1.70-1
      Update to IC2 1.70
      Rearrange inventory slots for more useful shift-clicking.
    • 1.64-1
      Update to IC2 1.64
      Write config file earlier for easier ID conflict resolution
      Ignore transfer limits to items on the bench
    • 1.42-1
      Update to IC2 1.42
    • 1.337b-1
      Update to IC2 1.337b
    • 1.23-2b (client only)
      Pre-load the charging bench texture to prevent rendering glitches and other misfortune.
    • 1.23-2
      SMP support
      Added decharging mode when redstone powered
    • 1.23-1
      Update to IC2 1.23
      Increased internal storage so that nano/quantum suits can charge properly (thanks Ket)
    • 1.1 Added config file.
    • 1.0 Initial Release

Permission to Port, Package, and Plagiarize

• Porting - You may freely port this mod to any platform that I don't make releases for (e.g. Bukkit). If I'm unusually busy and don't update it fast enough after a new IC2 release, you may (if you're so inclined) make an unofficial port of the mod to the new version of IC2 and link it in this thread.
    • Mod Packs - You may include this mod in any server-specific mod pack, or in any public mod pack which has permission to include IC2.
    • Reuse and Derivative Works - You may decompile this mod and use parts of its source code in your own work, except those parts which are borrowed from IC2's source code. (I think the provideEnergy method is the only thing left that contains any real copy-pasted material.) If you use any significant amount of material from this mod in your own, I would appreciate being credited and notified about the mod. (Mostly just because I'd be curious to see what you made out of it.)

Credits
    Coding & Sprites - Drashian

• That looks like a super useful little block. Just a bit curious based on what it in the screenshot though: what happens to the 5 stack when all 1 other slots are filled with charged batteries?

• Nothing happening is better than what I thought at first! (spits excess out to force being able to charge at least one in that stack)

• This was exactly what I need, I usually end up with a crap-load of batteries after a while and charging them takes forever.

Quick question: Can this be wired into my "Giga-Solar System" to charge?
    Q2: So, just pop the .zip in the mods folder to install? (I'm used to putting everything in the .jar)

• Official Post

This was exactly what I need, I usually end up with a crap-load of batteries after a while and charging them takes forever.

Quick question: Can this be wired into my "Giga-Solar System" to charge?
    Q2: So, just pop the .zip in the mods folder to install? (I'm used to putting everything in the .jar)

Q1: Yes, you can. Each tier can take that tier's normal input without exploding (32, 128, or 512 EU pulses, same rules as other machines).
    Q2: You can do it whichever way you prefer actually. :)

• Q1: Yes, you can. Each tier can take that tier's normal input without exploding (32, 128, or 512 EU pulses, same rules as other machines).
    Q2: You can do it whichever way you prefer actually. :)

Thanks, I've been itching to hook up something else than the IF's to the Solar System.

• Yeah, I skipped that this afternoon because I was in a hurry. :whistling: I'll try to get a version out with a proper config by the end of the night.

Edit: Bump for new version. It has a config file now. And this time I remembered to put it in Minecraft's config directory. :D

awesome man! Have a good one!

• Sweet, nice addon :D
    Though I'm a very wire happy person, so no real use for me :P
    Great addon though.

I personally use it to mass charge equipment, such as my mining drill, chainsaw, batpack, E-Jetpack, Laser, nanosuit, and anything else I might need to charge.
    I would have found it useful earlier to charge batteries easily via this, as it nicely replaces mass battery charging from MFEs from IC1.

• I will, at the very least, try and get it working intelligently with BuildCraft pipes. Which I assume it's probably not yet, because I haven't tested it it.

Heh you would be correct it does not, im currently working on a special industrial craft based pipe that is ment to properly utilize certin industrial craft structures with odd slot counts. (induction furnace for example) I have it working but it needs more integration into IC2's power system which happens to be the part of IC2 that didnt decompile properly for me. Anyways ill see about adding support for this little box here, so long as I can pull out the info for the items health/charge level ill be good.

• There is a bug, when you place for example MK1 and delete it, cable still connect to this empty space, if you send via this cable MV or HV - BUM :)