[AddOn v1.90] Charging Bench v1.90-1

• Official Post

Hey i have a problem loading the client version of this mod. Every time I start Minecraft i get this error

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=V6eJTpty

if someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Yeah, I picked a kind of popular default ID for the charging benches after my original one got taken up by vanilla - probably should have checked around more before I chose it. A couple of other mods try to claim the same one. What you'll have to do is open up .minecraft/config/IC2ChargingBench.cfg and change the ID (blockChargingBench=189) to something that's not already taken.

• In the op it was said that "
    Summary: A 12-slot work bench that can charge all your tools or batteries at once." Am i miss reading something or is the mod actually supposed to charge everything in the bench one at a time and move on to the next one? or is it supposed to charge everything in the inventory with a even amount of eu?

• Official Post

In the op it was said that "
    Summary: A 12-slot work bench that can charge all your tools or batteries at once." Am i miss reading something or is the mod actually supposed to charge everything in the bench one at a time and move on to the next one? or is it supposed to charge everything in the inventory with a even amount of eu?

The summary's a little misleading now. In the original design, it would try to transfer as much energy as possible each tick, but it respected the max transfer rate of the items inside it. If it couldn't use all its energy on the first item (which is especially common with higher tier charging benches), it would keep moving through its inventory until it had either tried everything or completed the entire transfer. I recently solved a couple of issues by simply removing the transfer limit, so it's completely sequential at the moment, but I plan to reinstate that later and make it work with the new upgrade items instead (described in more detail somewhere above). Anyway, it's more all at once in the sense of dropping all your equipment on the table and walking away to tinker in your factory while they charge, rather than literally splitting the EU evenly. Hope that clears it up. :)

• The summary's a little misleading now. In the original design, it would try to transfer as much energy as possible each tick, but it respected the max transfer rate of the items inside it. If it couldn't use all its energy on the first item (which is especially common with higher tier charging benches), it would keep moving through its inventory until it had either tried everything or completed the entire transfer. I recently solved a couple of issues by simply removing the transfer limit, so it's completely sequential at the moment, but I plan to reinstate that later and make it work with the new upgrade items instead (described in more detail somewhere above). Anyway, it's more all at once in the sense of dropping all your equipment on the table and walking away to tinker in your factory while they charge, rather than literally splitting the EU evenly. Hope that clears it up. :)

Ahh I see thanks for the quick reply, kept thinking Its a bug or one of the many mods I have installed was causing it to act weird. But I see what you mean now.

• I'm having problems charging the benches also. Was using lapatrons in a mk3. It's only when you are charging items in the bench with the crystal in the left slot.

They charge and discharge from the other 12 slots just fine so it really isn't a big problem.

On SMP using IC 1.71 (I think it happened in 1.70 also) and forge 1.3.3 along with a slew of other mods/addons.

BTW our little server loves this mod, it's probably our favorite addon for IC2. Thanks for keeping it around. :)

• I'm not a huge fan of the upgrade system but it might be pretty useful with these. Downloading now to try them out.

Thanks for fixing the crystal slot bug too. :D

• Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to suck out more then 2048 energy on a parallel MFSU x 8 setup. Should be 4096 now 2048 but it seems to still cap at 2048 with 1 or 16 or 64 overclockers in smp.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Definetly must be included to vanilla. Instead of realy usefull IC-related things devs are feeding us with crop . Time for Better Than Crops.

• Official Post

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't seem to suck out more then 2048 energy on a parallel MFSU x 8 setup. Should be 4096 now 2048 but it seems to still cap at 2048 with 1 or 16 or 64 overclockers in smp.

Oh, 2048 is the base energy storage of a Mk 3 charging bench - it's capping out on that each tick. Throw in a storage upgrade and it should be able to take the whole 4096 and then some, if I did my coding right.

• Oh, 2048 is the base energy storage of a Mk 3 charging bench - it's capping out on that each tick. Throw in a storage upgrade and it should be able to take the whole 4096 and then some, if I did my coding right.

Yup this was correct forgot to post back I ended up finding this out on my own hehe. One thing I wish though if we could place beside a MFSU like a teleporter and drain eenergy from the MFSU at no restrictions of max mfsu 512 tick. Because you need like a lot of MFSU's paralleled to get anything worthwhile.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• works just fine,

only small isue was the block ID conflict of 189, but was easily resolved (changed to 190 :P)

nice work matey;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.