IC2 2.0 & GT: help each other!

• Those who have been playing IC2 2.0 & latest GT can be well annoyed by the almost complete lack of documentation for them (the GT wiki is being sloooowly updated and the IC2 wiki has absolutely no information about the latest additions).
    The thread has a goal of documenting these by being intended to have small posts about their tips & tricks.

Rules:

1. Post here about mechanics/caveats/"undocumented" features of IC2 experimental and GT 4.x. No crafting recipes since all players here have been expected to install NEI long ago (especially GT ones). However, you can write how many raw materials you need to assemble a certain thing.
    2. Questions are also permitted.

Examples:

1. Bronze Blast Furnace requires 1 iron ingot & 4 coal for 1 steel & 4 dark ash. It doesn't need any steam.
    2. What's the Tin cable energy loss?

• You can extract liquids from GT generators by inserting empty containers in the input slot.

Bronze blast furnace with charcoal as well as coal.

• I could, but this thread is created for posts too small for a tutorial nevertheless still noticeable to share

• Official Post

If a microwave is an electromagnetic wave which doesn't affect the medium it goes thorough, why does the GT microwave work?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• If a microwave is an electromagnetic wave which doesn't affect the medium it goes thorough, why does the GT microwave work?

It works because microwave radiation DOES affect stuff, some more than other.

• Official Post

It works because microwave radiation DOES affect stuff, some more than other.

Like Fat, water and the many other food components. It heats them by dielectric heating.
    Waves frequency are between 2.45 GHz to 915 MHz, with the latter one being used in industrial applications.

• A bit of information regarding steam:
    1) The small coal boiler produces 6 steam/t and the high pressure coal boiler produces 15 steam/t
    2) Steam devices require 3x more energy than electric ones (from the GT thread, not tested)
    Whoever knows how to pipe out liquids using GT pipes, please post here

• Whoever knows how to pipe out liquids using GT pipes, please post here

You need to put a pump cover to the pipe ending that touches the container with liquid and set it to import mode with a screwdriver.

Note that you can/must set the pipe+cover up somewhere else, wrench it up and put it to it's final position as you generally have the container down before piping.

[edit]
    Ninjad!

• SpwnX: thanks for the pipe import mode, now I'm gonna test it.
    Also, I support the suggestion with covers (possible crafting: Iron/Aluminium plate + glass pane in the assembling machine) but would like to note that this thread hasn't been intended for suggestions.

• If a microwave is an electromagnetic wave which doesn't affect the medium it goes thorough, why does the GT microwave work?

All waves by definition affect the medium they travel through. Normally their effect is temporary (sound wave passes through a room, creates alternating high- and low-pressure zones within it, and then leaves without doing much of anything), but sometimes permanent (sound wave passes through your ear, collides with your eardrum and imparts enough energy to rupture it...).

• I heard something about new GT ores. What are they? What are they used for?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Official Post

Got another microwave question :)

Why can I cook sand into glass in a GT one? Surely a normal microwave wouldn't work, right?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.