IC2 Expermental Feature Discussion

• Official Post

Both iron and gold are heavier then Diamonds, so they would be worth more.

• I agree with Omicron. The increased EU cost of UU matter is not a problem, it's that the required blocks for recycling has gone up too high. By the time I've quarried enough cobblestone to make a single diamond from UU matter, I've likely found 32+ diamonds from the quarry, plus another handful from coal dust. It's even more ridiculous to use UU to make iron, copper, or tin. Using UU for worldgen materials has gone from "expensive, but convenient" to "too expensive to even consider". The only thing worth making from UU is iridium.

Scrap should feel like a nice way to get a small benefit from an excess of low-value items. As it stands right now, scrap is so necessary that it's "worth it" to create elaborate item generators that lag servers, and I think that's insane.

Increasing the amplifier value of scrap would be nice, and so would allowing other items to be used as amplifier, but I can't help but think there's a better solution out there. Perhaps the "amplification" should occur at the Replicator merely as a speed boost or reduction to the UU consumption?

• You can use overclockers to increase the speed of the replicator.

the speed of the replicator is not the issue. it is the sheer energy and scrap cost of UU-matter that makes it useless.
    though I have to say I have my mass fab (in my 1.4.7 world) hooked up to the power of my electric mob farm to provide a heavy draw (along with 4 fast elec engines on obsidian pipes to pick up the stuff). I don't know how my rig will have to be adjusted in the experimental build. The power comes from 2 full size HP boilers from RC, providing 720 EU/t (well would if it wasn't for the power loss in BC pipes)...Drat...I know I will have to adjust it unless the HV transformer will remain....They should remain and be renamed to power diodes, providing one way power regulation. So you could pull off 32/128/512 EU/t, or just go the other way around as needed, like if you wanted to let all the extra power from a set of machines go into a main line to provide power elsewhere....
    btw, these boilers are getting biofuel from the saplings off my 3 tree farms. I have 4 liquid fueled HP boilers going and still make a massive surplus per hour. Though this will drop for a bit when I update to 1.6.4 or 1.7. I'm just waiting on the power conversion mod I use (and Red Power 2 but that one may get replaced by an alternative mod soon.....)
    I did also try to put a setup in the nether....but it seemed like either the mobs didn't drop stuff if I didn't kill them or they just didn't spawn if I wasn't in the nether even with a dimensional anchor.

• Both iron and gold are heavier then Diamonds, so they would be worth more.

Yes but this is MC here. Things should be used primarily by their actual in-game value, not real-world properties.

• Hello
    Here are my next 2 questions:

Where to find silver ore ? Or isnt it in WorldGen yet ? Or region specific ? I only get some as a byproduct from ore refining, which isnt enough to fill my needs :P

And how to feed a RTG ? Plutonium dont work in any form....

tooborg

• Official Post

There is no Silver ore. You can obtain silver mostly from other mods, or as a byproduct from thermal centrifuging (purified) crushed lead ore.
    RTG is fed with RTG pellets, made with a plutonium in the center of crafting grid and 8 iron ingots.

• There is no Silver ore. You can obtain silver mostly from other mods, or as a byproduct from thermal centrifuging (purified) crushed lead ore.
    RTG is fed with RTG pellets, made with a plutonium in the center of crafting grid and 8 iron ingots.

Pellets of RTG fuel recipe was changed a while back, it now requires 3 plutonium in the middle row, and dense? iron plates in the top and bottom rows.

• I've been playing with the generators and had some trouble with the wind mill build #271 I placed it on top of my work shop (94) and tried running tin cable, copper cable, placing it right ontop of the batbox, runnign tit up tp 107 on a mast of tin cable but never got any power out of the wind mill. I am playing a bare bones server with the wife so I have no other power mods to fall back on but what is in IC2 so using a string of solar panels on the roof I placed a couple of water mills in the ocean and I have a geothemal I throw some lava in from time to time everything is still on 32 lv for now so the wind mills would be some help at night any ideas?

btw anyone know how to use the semi-fluid or radio isotope?

• I've been playing with the generators and had some trouble with the wind mill build #271 I placed it on top of my work shop (94) and tried running tin cable, copper cable, placing it right ontop of the batbox, runnign tit up tp 107 on a mast of tin cable but never got any power out of the wind mill. I am playing a bare bones server with the wife so I have no other power mods to fall back on but what is in IC2 so using a string of solar panels on the roof I placed a couple of water mills in the ocean and I have a geothemal I throw some lava in from time to time everything is still on 32 lv for now so the wind mills would be some help at night any ideas?

btw anyone know how to use the semi-fluid or radio isotope?

I'm not sure if it was fixed or not, but there was a bug where windmill calculations where it was reversed, so the more obstructions and the lower it was the more power you got, but if the output was more then 5Eu/t you got no power at all.

Semi-fluid generators I believe run off of things like Buildcraft Oil and Fuel, maybe Forestry Ethanol and Biomass as well. RTGs run off of Pellets of RTG fuel, they last or an infinite duration, and are a good way to use recycled nuclear fuel that has been run through as Uranium and MOX. The power output of the RTG is 1Eu/t with 1 pellet, 2 with 2, 4 with 3, 8 with 4, and 16 with 5.

• Alt + (Function Key)

Alt + M for me

And the goggles are awesome. The blindness effect is irritating, but realistic, so I try not to let it bother me.

• Official Post

Alt + (Function Key)

Alt + M for me

And the goggles are awesome. The blindness effect is irritating, but realistic, so I try not to let it bother me.

Another note is that since the goggles are used for nano helmet (and nano helmet is used for quantum helmet), both nano and quantum helmets has night vision.
    Just a curiosity, those goggles were suggested by me, i feel proud for it :3

• Well then thank you very much SpwnX, I have long wanted an easy alternative to torches. I don't mind running luminators or even glowstone for my base, but I get real tired of filling my mine shafts with torches.

• Well then thank you very much SpwnX, I have long wanted an easy alternative to torches. I don't mind running luminators or even glowstone for my base, but I get real tired of filling my mine shafts with torches.

actually, torches can be a great method for finding your way back
    just put them on the same side as you are going in, many use the right. then you just keep them on your left as you leave.

• Official Post

actually, torches can be a great method for finding your way back
    just put them on the same side as you are going in, many use the right. then you just keep them on your left as you leave.

Who needs torches when you have yourself a pick and the ability to make a 1x1 shaft way up to surface? - Gravel/sand can be safely avoided by using one torch on where you step.

• I am blessed with a good sense of direction, it is rare that I run into the necessity of digging straight up, but it is a viable option. I do use the torch method, though, when I am starting out and don't have night vision or a decent drill or a jet pack etc.