[Suggestion] Block connection with Cable.

• Hi, I have come across this problem most of the time I use IC2 in my survival worlds. When I'm trying to set up some basic machines etc I always come into the issue where my cables are connecting to things I don't want them to, for example:
    (Pictures in Spoilers so it doesn't fill page)

As you can see here this is a normal setup power going in to MFE through LV tranformer then into machines, however what if I wanted to do this:

As you can see it connects to the MFE and I have come into problems like this LOADS of times whenever its running MV voltage wire past machines that only accept LV just trying to not get wire to connect to any machines is highly annoying.
    This is a simple idea and there is no way to run wire past machines that I know of (Correct me please if I'm wrong) the only thing near is coloring wire but thats no-use to machines.

Thanks for reading. :D

• I think when IC2 supports forge multipart, we will be able to block the connection by putting a mirco-block there. Unless they go the route like facades, so we will just have to wait and see...

• Official Post

My opinion is to add a 17th paint color, made of black and yellow dyes called "dark yellow", which blocks connection to machines.

Dark yellow? Stripes all the way.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• My opinion is to add a 17th paint color, made of black and yellow dyes called "dark yellow", which blocks connection to machines.

I'd propose to allow to paint machine sides instead - so cable and machine side with different colors won't connect

• I'd propose to allow to paint machine sides instead - so cable and machine side with different colors won't connect

And in SMP, someone comes over and paints your machine room. With your least favorite color.

• And in SMP, someone comes over and paints your machine room. With your least favorite color.

It's already an issue - griefer can repaint your cables - and you'll get your power grid messed up. BTW, connector sides are usually hidden behind walls. And we can paint not the whole side, but at example thin border or like.

• Official Post

Greifers are greifers anyway.

A Striped paint would be cool. The Cable painting system will also be redone to get rid of the 200+ painted cable images.