IC2 not compatible with galacticraft?

• Im making a new 1.6.2 modded server, and it will include a few mods... but it was crashing once I had them all together, and I noticed it had something to do with IC2. So I tried starting a server with just IC2, and it worked. Sow I kept adding each mod 1 by 1 to the server and it crashed after I put galacticraft in there. So Im wondering if there are versions of these that are compatible with eachother... right now Im using:

industrialcraft-2_2.0.217-experimental
    and
    Galacticraft-1.6.2-a0.1.40.704 along with the other parts of this version,
    Galacticraft-Planets-1.6.2-a0.1.40.704 and MicdoodleCore-1.6.2-a0.1.40.704.

error info:

Is there any way to get IC2 & galacticraft to work together? Thanks! :D

• Official Post

Galacticraft is borked because it isn't for IC2 Experimental. Go yell at them.

• Official Post

Yes, Go yell at mcdoodle to update to experimental.

• It's interesting i run it without any problems. Only one problem i have with co-op mods together was Forestry copper problem and that's all.

I used older release of EXP IC2 and it worked. I try it on "Space Station"(Function of Solar Panels), and it worked. So, it's interesting you cant run it.

Maybe i'll do little research and EDIT this with my opinion for inspire you.

And one time again, im almost sure i used EXP IC2. 8|

public void getForumUserData(Signature signature, User user) { if(user.equalsTo("Cass") && user.isOnline() { Forum.Out.println("signature")})return;}

• i have the same problem. is there any way to fix it?

I managed to get it to work but I dont know if I had the same problem as you

I started by downloading one of the many MoonQuest packs (http://www.technicpack.net/mod…/moonquest-modpack.190125) and wanted to add IC2 to it
    I tried for about 10+ hours to get it to work and almost gave up.. then I realised it wasnt galacticrafts fault the server would crash
    It was the freggin Custom Recipes Mod..
    So I removed that and it worked..

my ic2 version is industrialcraft-2_2.0.303-experimental.jar from here http://ic2.player.to:8080/job/IC2_experimental/ and the galacticraft version I use is the lastest for 1.6.2 : Galacticraft-1.6.2-2.0.6.893.jar

my full mods list

• Official Post

Just a warning, Technic and Tekkit aren't very welcome here due to their infamous past.

That pack is owned by the yogscast and just hosted there, but still.

• I think your best bet might be to go to galacticraft 2.0.4
    I tried updating to version 2.0.5 and it broke everything so Im guessing it will do thr same to 2.0.6 but 2.0.4 still works.

• Official Post

Just a warning, Technic and Tekkit aren't very welcome here due to their infamous past.

People still complain about that? The Technic Launcher doesn't even have a Technic Pack anymore :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Well, back in time i played in a server with tekkit... it was good, until i managed to screw the balance of the server, as i always do. :D
    That also reminds me of CubCraft 1, with insane amounts of UUM being spewed everywhere.
    Teehee.

Back to tekkit/technic, as long they don't mess up with mod permissions, like it did for forestry (and GT), why not?

• Official Post

It has a much more open way of distributing your own mod packs than Feed the Beast ever did. Pretty sure fixes for mod "incompatibilities" are just renaming your launcher save directory, which the 1.6 update ironically did

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Well, there are still some people in this forum who aren't very receptive towards them.

But that's off-topic, isn't it?

• Well I was trying to help people who need it.
    Anyway how the hell do you get your modpacks if not with tekkit or feed the beast?
    And dont tell me all of you just make them yourselves :)
    In any case, still you are the exception, there are probably about 30 million minecraft players out there and maybe 1% knows how to compile mods.
    For every purchased account theres prolly 2 people playing it cracked..
    Anyway I made my first modpack, didnt even get any permissions but there are about 20 clones of the mooncraft modpack only on technic so they are prolly tired of answering requests..
    http://www.technicpack.net/mod…ails/moonquest-ic2.211289

• Believe it or not, modding is extremely easy nowadays (compared to when I first started in Beta 1.8.1), and there are plenty of packs outside FTB and Tekkit.

Modpacks are built for the not-so-tech-savvy (Which is definitely not the majority. For example, I would put the number of people playing their own packs on the FTB forum as around 60%.) and the lazy people.

Mod distribution in law is a grey, controversial area. However, it is always a mark of respect (which any community needs) to ask for permission before adding it to the modpack. For example, if your neighbour doesn't want you to crawl over to his lawn and dig holes, but it is not explicitly allowed or disallowed by law, would you still crawl over to his lawn and dig holes?

• Official Post

Believe it or not, modding is extremely easy nowadays (compared to when I first started in Beta 1.8.1), and there are plenty of packs outside FTB and Tekkit.

Ever since 1.2.5 meant you only needed forge as a base class mod, and everything else could go in mods everything was easy, and I only used modpacks to make the downloading of all the mods quicker. Modding now is silly easy, as forge installs itself.

I see this too much.