Suggestion : Radiation (Poisoning) Mechanics

• Maybe there could be implemented "lead armour", which is very heavy, causing slowness and fatigue, and reducing jump height, but blocks the player from all radiation. It would grant as much protection as leather armour, with a durability that is half that of Iron armour, as lead is a very weak metal. This would make it worse than no armour in nearly every battle situation, due to both the slowness/fatigue, and weakness of the armour. But, it would still be pretty useful when dealing with radioactive materials/areas, because it can stop more radiation than the hazmat suit.

• as long as player need to breath no armor is ok.

armor must include respirator that will consume compressed air cells, as soon as air cells depleted, player shoud die from suffocation, this will be ok ever if other parts of armor made from carrots.

• I'm pretty sure you need the whole hazmat suit to protect from radiation, as gamma radiation will easily go through anything but lead and similar materials.

It still goes through lead, but lead is a dense material and so requires less of it to stop gamma radiation. 1cm of lead to reduce intensity by 50% while it'd take 4.1cm of granite, 6cm of concrete, or 9cm of soil to achieve the same. So..denser material = better shielding. Can we say dense lead plates possibly?

Though your post does point out an interesting problem. the hazmat suit is made of rubber and orange dye and not lead..so..just of what use is it then?

• Official Post

It still goes through lead, but lead is a dense material and so requires less of it to stop gamma radiation. 1cm of lead to reduce intensity by 50% while it'd take 4.1cm of granite, 6cm of concrete, or 9cm of soil to achieve the same. So..denser material = better shielding. Can we say dense lead plates possibly?

Though your post does point out an interesting problem. the hazmat suit is made of rubber and orange dye and not lead..so..just of what use is it then?

Orange dye is magical when it comes to gamma radiation.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And I thought Neutronium was the most dense material known to man.

Yeah, because Neutrons are NEUTRAL, tada! So basically they can come way closer than protons would do with the same stability.
    However, this also makes it extremly unstable as of Nuclear Reactions ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!