Suggestion : Recycling system change

• Official Post

Here I am, to propose a rework on the recyclying system :

Recyclers : All (non blacklisted) items when recycled will produce 1 to 4 scrap (1 scrap - 50% , 2 scrap - 25%, 3 scrap - 15%, 4 scrap - 10%)

Scrap (item) : can not be turned into scrapboxes anymore. Scrapboxes are going to be substituted by another machine.

New block, Scrap Liquimixer : (Canning machine "Liquid enrichment" mode maybe could do it)
    Scrap can be "liquified" using fluids as additive. Water is the default liquid additive, other liquid additives will increase the yield.
    1 Scrap + 50 mB water = 50 mB liquid scrap

1 Scrap + 50 mB lava = 200 mB liquid scrap
    1 Scrap + 50 mB "liquid" = "value" mB liquid scrap (API, and some preset values for most common liquids as oil, fuel, honey, creosote ...)

New Block, Centriscrapfuge : (Thermal Centrifuge maybe could do this, if a tank is added)
    Uses liquid scrap to produce random items, just like the scrapbox.
    1500 mB liquid scrap = 1 random item

Mass Fabricator :
    Scrap (item) can be used directly in the mass fabricator for 600 amplifier points
    Liquid scrap can be used in mass fabricators as amplifier, 50 mB of liquid scrap will yield 1500 amplifier points

• Official Post

Scrap boxes should be easier to make, and more appealing for weird drops. No Gregtech style iridium needing machine to make them! :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Scrap boxes should be easier to make, and more appealing for weird drops. No Gregtech style iridium needing machine to make them! :)

Well, the drops could be changed...
    About machine, it could be a new block or use the thermal centrifuge, its devs option.

• New Block, Centriscrapfuge : (Thermal Centrifuge maybe could do this, if a tank is added)
    Uses liquid scrap to produce random items, just like the scrapbox.
    600 mB liquid scrap = 1 random item

So you'll take a piece of scrap, mix it with e.g lava, spin it around and pull wooden hoes out of it? Seems legit :D
    Though this is MC, after all and I don't really have much of a problem with this.

• Not sure if this is a good idea. IC2 by itself still doesn't handle liquid transfer elegantly. Also, it requires a rework of the recycler and another rework of the mass fab, which already got one; whereas changing the amplifier value of scrap but keeping the current system is much less work.

Mathematically... let's see. Average 1.85 pieces of scrap per recycled block. Average 1,110 amplifier per recycled block if scrap is used directly; as liquid with water, 2,775; with lava, 11,100. The numbers don't look pretty or intuitive, but it would be a significant buff from the current value of average 625 amplifier per recycled block. Maybe too much of a buff, even. Water is 4.44 times as powerful, lava 17.76 times as powerful as the current recycling system.

Maybe 1,200 amplifier per 50mb liquid scrap, and 150 mB per lava conversion would be better values.

• Official Post

Not sure if this is a good idea. IC2 by itself still doesn't handle liquid transfer elegantly. Also, it requires a rework of the recycler and another rework of the mass fab, which already got one; whereas changing the amplifier value of scrap but keeping the current system is much less work.

Mathematically... let's see. Average 1.85 pieces of scrap per recycled block. Average 1,110 amplifier per recycled block if scrap is used directly; as liquid with water, 2,775; with lava, 11,100. The numbers don't look pretty or intuitive, but it would be a significant buff from the current value of average 625 amplifier per recycled block. Maybe too much of a buff, even. Water is 4.44 times as powerful, lava 17.76 times as powerful as the current recycling system.

Maybe 1,200 amplifier per 50mb liquid scrap, and 150 mB per lava conversion would be better values.

Values are buffed because the new mass fabrication rework also increased scrap required (amplifier) by 10 times.
    Liquid scrap is to "amplify" your mass fabrication in a hayoish way.