Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Graaag?

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• it all began with me taking offense in the UUM of sinnaj63 not ending at the end of the line.. DUN DUN DUUUUN!
    and then, in computer science lesson, i was annoyed at the javascript command to create an arc on a canvas doing strange things.
    and xbony told me to use some command i don't know, probably writing something.("some kind of letter making absolutely no sense as a parameter") means usually text. so that's what's going on.

I don't know much JavaScript :P but console.log("hello world") is a hello world program basically (it outputs to the JS console).

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• found this gem on codecrap.com, figured i'd post it here since it is obvious what it does:
    codecrap.com

for those who are wondering...this is when you use a switch case, not else-if statements.

• "switch-case" is not necessary. It have same output in case "block" didn't match a certain material. Much easier will be make array of such materials, convert them in list and check if "block" variable is contained in list.

• found this gem on codecrap.com, figured i'd post it here since it is obvious what it does:
    codecrap.com

for those who are wondering...this is when you use a switch case, not else-if statements.

Switch-Case won't work on things like that. Switch-Case works on constant Numbers, Enums and Strings. And I guess this Material Class is neither of them. Also Switch-Cases never compile into that stupidly long if/else Statements. They only compile into that, when there are very few cases, and then they so it in a smarter way than copypasting the else Block over and over and over again.

The better Solution would be making a HashSet full of Materials and checking if that HashSet contains said Material.

• Reddit says steam generators vanish when they reach 100% calcification - http://www.reddit.com/r/feedth…_the_ic2_steam_generator/

Wrong. Nice to see some of them still trying though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• This thread is all about being bored, and i am bored. because I did it! I completely broke my KSP and had to redownload it!(which takes 3 to 6 hours with my crappy internet, btw)

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

• 145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• interesting.. now i have a nyancat flying around on the loading screen. and i suddenly use 64-bit KSP.

• Sounds like the Combine Soldiers death sound ( which is probably based on this one ) Oo

• cannot comment on that, but it sounds quite creepy when you hear it looking at a blank screen.

• Latest IC2 build until Jenkins is back

Files

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I see this too much.

• Thx ChocoHead :D ( AAAAAAAAAAAAh, need to take a picture of one of my 2 cats, he looks exactly like Chocohead, except in cat :3 ).